Hi guys,

I'm new to the community although I've poked my head in every once and awhile to see what's new. I recently bought the PlayBook after I saw the $100 rebate from staples. For those who wanna skip to the point: I should have bought one launch day. I'm throwing away my computer. If you want to read my thoughts and know what kind of user I am read further on!

So to make a very long story short I'm a total technophile. I've owned everything fro iOS to Symbian. Yes I have had a BlackBerry and I hated it with the passion of a 1000 suns (it was a Bold 9000). So I'm not new to the techno game. I remember seeing the PlayBook when it was announced and I loved the design and size of it. I'm a student, researcher and commuter so it seemed liked the ideal size. Also after reading the review here on crackberry it seemed obvious that it could replace a computer. However my previous experience with BlackBerry wasn't exactly rosey. I also used a BlackBerry Torch for a few months (from my x-job) and I wasn't exactly thrilled. But I'll be the first to admit I had the PlayBook all wrong.

First off, thank you RIM for the awesome design. I love it, and it doesn't look like a toy from Samsung or a piece of solid plastic from Apple. I like my technology to look nice and also be functional. I'm a researcher at my university (we study avian malaria) and I use it everyday for keeping up on my academic papers. Its also my PCR (just a whole lot of pipetting that takes hours) buddy for streaming music or watching a TV show on the side. I use it in class for notes and can't wait for my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Secondly, QNX is @!$#Ing amazing. I love it and having REAL multitasking is make or break for me. This little baby takes whatever I through at it easily. I look forward to seeing it blossom into something even better than it is now. And Finally, the battery life blows anything else I've had out of the water.

My current phone is an HD7S with Windows Phone 7. I love it, and its fantastic. Although I would hate to go back to a BlackBerry bold 9000 *shudders * I will defiantly be looking at Blackberry's QNX phones when I'm in the market again. Keep it up BlackBerry you just made one happy customer.

Thanks for reading.

Oh and as a side note my laptop is dying, and I'm not going to replace it. I've got something better now.
    09-27-11 11:48 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the community although I've poked my head in every once and awhile to see what's new. I recently bought the PlayBook after I saw the $100 rebate from staples. For those who wanna skip to the point: I should have bought one launch day. I'm throwing away my computer. If you want to read my thoughts and know what kind of user I am read further on!

So to make a very long story short I'm a total technophile. I've owned everything fro iOS to Symbian. Yes I have had a BlackBerry and I hated it with the passion of a 1000 suns (it was a Bold 9000). So I'm not new to the techno game. I remember seeing the PlayBook when it was announced and I loved the design and size of it. I'm a student, researcher and commuter so it seemed liked the ideal size. Also after reading the review here on crackberry it seemed obvious that it could replace a computer. However my previous experience with BlackBerry wasn't exactly rosey. I also used a BlackBerry Torch for a few months (from my x-job) and I wasn't exactly thrilled. But I'll be the first to admit I had the PlayBook all wrong.

First off, thank you RIM for the awesome design. I love it, and it doesn't look like a toy from Samsung or a piece of solid plastic from Apple. I like my technology to look nice and also be functional. I'm a researcher at my university (we study avian malaria) and I use it everyday for keeping up on my academic papers. Its also my PCR (just a whole lot of pipetting that takes hours) buddy for streaming music or watching a TV show on the side. I use it in class for notes and can't wait for my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Secondly, QNX is @!$#Ing amazing. I love it and having REAL multitasking is make or break for me. This little baby takes whatever I through at it easily. I look forward to seeing it blossom into something even better than it is now. And Finally, the battery life blows anything else I've had out of the water.

My current phone is an HD7S with Windows Phone 7. I love it, and its fantastic. Although I would hate to go back to a BlackBerry bold 9000 *shudders * I will defiantly be looking at Blackberry's QNX phones when I'm in the market again. Keep it up BlackBerry you just made one happy customer.

Thanks for reading.

Oh and as a side note my laptop is dying, and I'm not going to replace it. I've got something better now.
    Something to help pass the PCR time:

09-28-11 12:15 AM
    My current phone is an HD7S with Windows Phone 7. I love it, and its fantastic. Although I would hate to go back to a BlackBerry bold 9000 *shudders * I will defiantly be looking at Blackberry's QNX phones when I'm in the market again.
    Ermm....the Bold has come a looong way since the 9000. You might want to take a look - even before QNX!
    nova_8 likes this.
    09-28-11 12:31 AM
    I mean, I'm a fan of the PlayBook and BlackBerry in general, but to call the iPad a piece of "solid plastic?" Let's be real with ourselves now. If anything, the iPad is one well designed and manufactured piece of equipment.

I agree though, the PlayBook design is awesome, and I may have to pick another one up just for that reason.

7 inches is the ideal form factor, in more ways than one
    09-28-11 01:09 AM
    Avian malaria....awesome!

Congrats on your new PB love.
    09-28-11 05:41 AM
    Although I would hate to go back to a BlackBerry bold 9000 *shudders * I will defiantly be looking at Blackberry's QNX phones when I'm in the market again.
    The new OS 7 phones are amazing. if you are happy with your phone and just want to wait for qnx phones thats fine (u have a longer wait than u think) but the new 9850/60 and bold simply rock. Every bit as good as any other top selling phone out there but still with all the attractions of a blackberry.

I wojld highly recommend it them. I was one of the ones burned by both storms but the 9850... well all is forgotten. You dont even read trolls calling it another storm.
    09-28-11 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD