Has anyone experienced antenna issues with their 9930? I seem to be constantly dropping signal even when not moving. Also BES seems to keep dropping and only a restart fixes it. Has anyone else has this problem??
    09-26-11 10:14 AM
    Has anyone experienced antenna issues with their 9930? I seem to be constantly dropping signal even when not moving. Also BES seems to keep dropping and only a restart fixes it. Has anyone else has this problem??
    Being on BIS I can't answer for BES at your job but in general as a device and antenna have you tried *228 to get the strongest tower signal where you are and use option 1.

Besides that I think I even have less signal at work then I do at home.
    09-26-11 10:20 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I've watched it while sitting in the exact same spot cycle through full signal, three bars, and no bars at all. Lately I've been seeing it drop from 3G to 1X for periods of time as well. Just for reference, I was keeping an eye on my girls evo shift and it wasn't bouncing at all. I talked with sprint about it and they couldn't help at all. The signal doesn't seem to drop calls, but I can't help but wonder if its hurting battery life since a phone will search for better signal when it gets weak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 07:58 AM
    Yes I had the same problem. Gone through 2 verizon 9930s but both of them had unstable reception. They dropped many calls as well. I'm currently debating if I should go for a third one.
    10-03-11 01:30 PM
    Picked one up on friday from Sprint. Cycled through 3G, 1X, Searching for CDMA all weekend. Traded it in today for another 9930. New one does the exact same thing. WTF?
    10-04-11 09:03 PM
    Good to know that some others are having this problem. This is by far the WORST BB I have had in terms of signal and dropped calls. I tried to return it but of course the "brilliant" Verizon reps told me there was nothing wrong with it and that it was most likely just bad service areas, even though no BB I have had before in the past has had reception problems like this one.
    10-11-11 04:57 AM
    Can someone please help.
    I am having issues with my signal.
    It is much weaker than my previous blackberries (9000, 9700, 9780, 9800)
    The blackberry while in call keeps switching from EDGE to edge or to GSM and then switches back to big letters. Sometimes, while driving, it gets stuck in GSM and i have to reset connections to get the data back up. I am currently running 7.0.0.440 and tried all other previous updates before all had the same problem.
    Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?
    10-11-11 06:29 AM
    I have an unlocked 9900 on ATT. It would constantly cycle from edge, GPRS, and H+ while @ home but not anywhere else. I updated to .440 and the problem seems to have been fixed. My battery life is substantially better now that my phone is no longer constantly searching for a signal also

10-11-11 06:40 AM
    Using 9930/7.0.0.362 with Big Red in Indianapolis. GREAT reception.

10-11-11 06:57 AM
    I have a 9550, 9800, and 9930. I'm using the same network (Telcel-Mexico). The devices are set next to each other. My 9800 picks up 3G network and full bars while my 9550 and 9930 only pick up 2-3 bars of EDGE. If I grab the 9550 or 9930 with my hand, It'll lose signal and go into SOS...??? Is it possible because the 9800 is GSM only where as the 9550 and 9930 are dual band (GSM/CDMA)??? I tried using a case, thinking there is interference like the iPhone's antenna, but it didn't make a difference.

9550 - Verizon 5.0.0.1015
    9800 - AT&T 6.0.0.600
    9330 - Verizon 7.1.0.163

If this could be solved... how?
    Thanks
    01-26-12 08:35 AM
    I am on my 2nd 9900 and they both do it, especially at home. I now keep my phone on 2g at home, or it constantly drains the battery looking for 3/4g. Pain in the ***, and my 9700 NEVER had this problem (living in same house) and the battery could go 2.5 days on a single charge.
    01-26-12 09:48 AM
    I am one more to add to the problem, though I am not sure whether it has anything to do with me updating to OS 7.1.0.342 or me dropping my phone many times one night when I went out drinking with some mates. I know it has nothing to do with the network I am with as my friend's iPhone 4 still receives signal as usual, while my phone has all of a sudden dropped to EDGE in areas where I usually get 3G  and good connection with the internet.

Any thoughts?
    05-28-12 10:15 AM
    There's another thread on here about this issue with T-Mobile (of course now I can't find it). The problem I have is when connected to WiFi, full signal at home, with 5 bars 4G, the phone will switch to WiFi calling then drop cell. Within 30 seconds or so, cell will return and then WiFi will disconnect. Seems to happen less often if I reset the phone once or twice/day. Like others, this NEVER happened on my 9700 or 9780.
    Edit: need to mention, when I loose WiFi at home and I try to reconnect, the 9900 gives the error message 'invalid WiFi association'. But after 3-4 tries, it'll connect.
    Last edited by starchit; 05-28-12 at 10:57 AM.
    05-28-12 10:53 AM
    There's another thread on here about this issue with T-Mobile (of course now I can't find it). The problem I have is when connected to WiFi, full signal at home, with 5 bars 4G, the phone will switch to WiFi calling then drop cell. Within 30 seconds or so, cell will return and then WiFi will disconnect. Seems to happen less often if I reset the phone once or twice/day. Like others, this NEVER happened on my 9700 or 9780.
    Edit: need to mention, when I loose WiFi at home and I try to reconnect, the 9900 gives the error message 'invalid WiFi association'. But after 3-4 tries, it'll connect.
    The problem presists regardless of wifi on\off...
    Unfortunatly I have the same problem as well, I think the problem is less evident on .319 build.
    05-28-12 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD