Hey everyone,
    new to the blackberry thing...coming over from android. Quick question...anyone know how to transfer contacts from an android phone to my blackberry? I searched and couldn't find an answer and my backup assistant only added about 20 of my contacts. Thanks in advance!
    Sirdick Omondi likes this.
    09-25-11 07:30 PM
    Google Sync is a good one to sync between an Android and a BlackBerry, whether you need a one-time transfer or an on-going sync. Look for it on Google.com
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-25-11 08:09 PM
    Hey everyone,
    new to the blackberry thing...coming over from android. Quick question...anyone know how to transfer contacts from an android phone to my blackberry? I searched and couldn't find an answer and my backup assistant only added about 20 of my contacts. Thanks in advance!
    You can also use the device switch in your new BBs desktop manager. It will ask you to plug in your old phone and back it up, then tell you when you put in the BB and ask what you want to add over, in this case contacts.
    09-26-11 12:05 PM
    Since all your contacts are saved on your Google account, I agree with Jeff that downloading Google Sync on your new BlackBerry would be the way to go. I used Google Sync to get my contacts from BlackBerry to Android, worked well!
    09-26-11 12:13 PM
    You can also use the device switch in your new BBs desktop manager. It will ask you to plug in your old phone and back it up, then tell you when you put in the BB and ask what you want to add over, in this case contacts.
    Can Desktop Manager backup an Android device? I didn't know this! Cool, if so.
    09-26-11 12:14 PM
    It should. But the OP already stated that Backup Assistant did not work for them, only importing 20 contacts.
    09-26-11 03:13 PM
    Thanks for all the responses! I was able to do it EASILY with Google Sync. You guys are life savers...it was a pain carrying 2 phones around
    09-26-11 04:38 PM
    We occasionally give good advice. If you're new to the forums as well as to BlackBerry, the BlackBerry Help tab at the top of the page is an excellent reference. Welcome!
    09-26-11 04:48 PM
    Enjoy your new device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 04:48 PM
    Can Desktop Manager backup an Android device? I didn't know this! Cool, if so.
    Although in the device switcher it says tranfer information from your BB or OTHER device to your new BB I might have been incorrect in my answer given the answer from what it says in the DM but when you click to go further it says BB to BB so I stand corrected.

First wrong answer this year.... Not bad huh!!
    09-26-11 05:33 PM
    Aww shoot. I was hoping you could transfer from another device. That would be awesome! Because aren't all files in the same format anyway, platform to platform?
    09-26-11 05:35 PM
    sorry for the thread resurection...

I have a blackberry bold 9700 tmobile.... this has been disconnected

I have a galaxy s2.... this is on the tmobile account.

so...how do I use the google synch on the discoed phone?

thanks for the basic guidence.....step by step... lol
    06-25-12 07:51 AM
    sorry to bother, googled goole synch... hahaha thanks crack heads berries~!
    06-25-12 08:52 AM
    Hi,

Old thread, sorry, but this comes up as a google hit. The best way I found to transfer the contacts, was to export the contacts from the Android device to the SD card, import that to GMail, export from GMail in Outlook CSV format, import that to Outlook and sync contacts with the BlackBerry desktop app.

You cannot go direct because Outlook does not support importing more than one contact per VCF file, and phone numbers will not sync to GMail automatically unless they also have an email address on them.

LP,
    Jure
    04-12-13 04:18 AM
    Please advise how transfer contacts from android phone to blackberry.
    Before it could be done by sync via Google (gmail) account.
    supanit2020
    06-04-13 01:49 AM
    I'm quite sure I will be able to do the transfer through google sync as well but I will be picking up the Q10 later today and selling my android at the same time. Is there an easier way to do it? also, does google sync transfer all audio,video and picture files to the new device? Appreciate all the help. Thanks in advance
    07-25-13 04:05 AM
    Hi,

Please help me :-( :-( :-(

I have back up of my contacts from my note2 which had android 4.3
    Now i am using Blackberry Bold 9700 OS _ 6.0 Bundle 1879.
    How do i get my contacts restored to my blackberry, please help me..
    03-14-14 12:06 PM
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other > Add CardDav Account.
    2. Enter the following information in the fields:
    3. Server: google.com
    4. User Name: Enter your full Google email address
    5. Password: Your Google account password
    6. Select Next at the top of the screen to complete the setup.
    After you have completed the setup, open the Contacts app on your device. Syncing should begin automatically.
    04-02-14 03:19 AM
    Simplest way for me was to just put the two phones side by side, and send the contacts over via BlueTooth.

Depending on how many contacts you have, it takes a bit of time. But no hassle, or other apps needed. Simply select 10 contacts at a time, and transfer via bluetooth.

(worked for me when transferring from one blackberry to another. I'm guessing it would still work when transferring from a bb to an android, or vice versa?)
    04-02-14 05:56 AM
    Best way to transfer contacts from android to BB
    1.Export contact to a .VCf file on you andriod device
    2. Save the VCF file on your memory card.
    3. Insert the memory Card in the BB device
    4. open the VCF file to import the contacts.

take 5-10 mins to transfer your contacts.
    07-27-14 11:51 PM
    Install intouchapp on android and register an account. After that, install same app on blackberry10 and login with a same account. Thats it. Now the contacts on your android/bb phone will be sync!!
    01-18-15 02:59 PM
    Did that on my Z10 but didn't worked!!
    02-25-15 01:02 PM
    1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other > Add CardDav Account.
    2. Enter the following information in the fields:
    3. Server: google.com
    4. User Name: Enter your full Google email address
    5. Password: Your Google account password
    6. Select Next at the top of the screen to complete the setup.
    After you have completed the setup, open the Contacts app on your device. Syncing should begin automatically.
    Did that on my Z10 but didn't worked
    02-25-15 01:03 PM
    When i add my card dav account on my Z10 i get the error:

"An unexpected problem ocurred. Some features may not be working correctly."
    02-25-15 01:08 PM
    I just added to my account my gmail account and that worked like a charm.
    02-25-15 03:19 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD