just bought a bold 9700 for pretty cheap as the earpiece is a bit intermitent

ive ordered a new earpiece for it but cant find any guides to remove the earpiece

i know how to take it apart but does the earpiece just clip out or what?
    09-25-11 12:13 PM
    The ear piece I believe comes with a new housing. Take it to a repair shop to have it replaced rather than risk damaging it yourself.

Also, did you check with the original carrier to see that it wasn't marked as lost/stolen? If you didn't, it may be blacklisted and you'll lose out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 07:03 PM
    its not lost or stolen

ive receieved an email from this guy and he saud this

Hi, ok i will send you the link for a video to change most of the parts in the middle tray, now when you have taken out the battery connector, the earphone jack plug and the sd card reader, there is a large plastic frame that holds all three, using the same technique lift up that plate and you will find your earpiece speaker and camera flash, they are both just stuck down, just gently lift them up and put them in your new tray, then put the large plastic housing back over them and put everything back into the now tray, here's the link,
    09-27-11 09:22 AM
    Hey, I just finished replacing my earpice.
    It's pretty easy, I used this video:

Then the original earpice is lightly glued to the case, just pull it off and replace it with the new one.
    Much easier than I thought.
    02-10-12 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD