I am looking for an app, or a way to configure task with the native application, that will allow task to show up in my calendar everyday until the task is due. I am on OS 7, vzn 9930

No matter how I set up the task, it only shows up in my calendar the day it is due. For example, I have a task set to due Oct 1. I have the reminder set September 22. I have it set to "daily" until the due date of the task (Oct 1).

But the only date the task shows up in my calendar is Oct 1, ie the due date.

I have "show task" enabled under calendar options.

Am I doing something wrong? If not, is there an app that allows this?
    09-24-11 11:13 AM
    nobody knows if this can be done?
    09-25-11 07:42 AM
    I am having the same problem and it is driving me nuts. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to fix it. Maybe a new build. I am on .353 on Bold 9900
    09-25-11 06:31 PM
    I am assuming by what is being wanted, that this is more than a simple Task. Consider setting up two or three Tasks:

1- Set the 1st Task with a Begin date for when you first want to be notified, and the Ending date for the date prior to when the actual task is to be initiated, setting it to remind you Daily.

2- Set the 2nd Task to be the actual timeframe of the Project Task initiation through implementation, again showing Daily so you see it during the duration of the time window on your calendar

A 3rd Task may be considered for Post Project Follow-up Support. Define a follow-up timeframe for reviewing feedback and developing any future action.

This will allow you to add notes to the Pre-Project Task as you accumulate ideas, and then add notes to the Project-Task for the actual implementation, and ideas for future actions in the Post Project Task. You will always know where to find your ideas.
    09-25-11 08:06 PM
    no no no...the point is it is NOT reminding me of the task prior to the due date. it doesn't show up in the calendar, except on the due date.

i am talking about simple 2 to 3 word "reminder" type task that are not time specific.

things that i now put on my calendar and have to bump (reschedule) every day until i complete the action.

i have the task set to remind me daily...it doesn't. i have my calendar options set to "show task". it doesn't until the due date.

I am assuming by what is being wanted, that this is more than a simple Task. Consider setting up two or three Tasks:

1- Set the 1st Task with a Begin date for when you first want to be notified, and the Ending date for the date prior to when the actual task is to be initiated, setting it to remind you Daily.

2- Set the 2nd Task to be the actual timeframe of the Project Task initiation through implementation, again showing Daily so you see it during the duration of the time window on your calendar

A 3rd Task may be considered for Post Project Follow-up Support. Define a follow-up timeframe for reviewing feedback and developing any future action.

This will allow you to add notes to the Pre-Project Task as you accumulate ideas, and then add notes to the Project-Task for the actual implementation, and ideas for future actions in the Post Project Task. You will always know where to find your ideas.
    09-25-11 08:18 PM
    Schedule an Appointment instead of as a Task and see if that gives you what you want.
    09-25-11 09:14 PM
    How about displaying the due date of a task on the main Task screen? If this simple feature is available, please show me. I'm on OS7. If it's not, RIM please please please add this simple but important feature to the next OS upgrade.
    10-10-11 12:57 PM
    Seems like you should be using the task app instead of the calendar app...just sayin'.
    10-10-11 07:00 PM
    When I first read this thread a while back I didn't understand what chiplatham wanted, but after downloading Pocket Informant and using it for a day I now understand. I like having my lists of tasks appear on each day view, even if it isn't due that day. But Pocket Informant is so jumbled. There is so much going on it drives me CRAZY. So I might go back to using the native calendar app, but I do want my tasks to show everyday. And if it isn't possible now how do we let RIM know that this is something they need to include in their next OS update?
    10-10-11 08:06 PM
    the only information i received from this thread is that the "show tasks" option does nothing, on or off. has anyone figured out a way that you can view your tasks within your calendar, just the way it seems RIM intended?
    01-06-12 10:12 AM
    When I first read this thread a while back I didn't understand what chiplatham wanted, but after downloading Pocket Informant and using it for a day I now understand. I like having my lists of tasks appear on each day view, even if it isn't due that day. But Pocket Informant is so jumbled. There is so much going on it drives me CRAZY. So I might go back to using the native calendar app, but I do want my tasks to show everyday. And if it isn't possible now how do we let RIM know that this is something they need to include in their next OS update?
    Agreed. I paid for, and used, pocket calendar for a while. It has a lot of nice features, but it is so complicated and conveluded it was more aggravation than it was worth.

at OP: I found this app (used to be free, now it's $8.99). perhaps one could work for you...

Buy got-2Pro Task and Schedule Management - Download got-2Pro Task and Schedule Management - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Edit: This app does NOT integrate the calendar and tasks as you might think. It pulls info from each and stores them in the same place, that's true. But in order to change or add an appointment or task, you have to use the orignal app, then go to this app to view it. It's not like a today theme and the tasks do not show in the calendar app. Instead, you open this app to find a long list of appointments and tasks.

I only mention it because there is no trial and for $9, one might want to know this info before purchasing...
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 01-06-12 at 01:06 PM.
    01-06-12 12:16 PM
    This won't help too much since everyone asking is on OS7, but I made a theme for OS6 devices that includes a Today panel showing tasks, calendar, etc. There are actually 3 different panels that show ALL available Today items. I know I should make the same theme for OS7, just haven't gotten around to it.
    01-06-12 12:43 PM
    You need Calendar Pro.
    It ca be customized so that today's evets display with the tasks due only on the same day.
    It's a great app ad it's my go-to app.
    Give it a go.
    Good Luck
    01-06-12 05:51 PM
    I use Agendus set to the Today view. That way you can see however many appointments and tasks for however many days ahead you want on one screen. It's available in App World, and comes with a free trial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-12 06:50 PM
    You need Calendar Pro.
    It ca be customized so that today's evets display with the tasks due only on the same day.
    It's a great app ad it's my go-to app.
    Give it a go.
    Good Luck
    I'll second the recommendation for Calendar Pro - I have a license but didn't have it installed until TurboTiger's post reminded me what a great app it is.

Calendar Pro will show all pending tasks in calendar view.
    01-07-12 11:33 AM
    I'll second the recommendation for Calendar Pro - I have a license but didn't have it installed until TurboTiger's post reminded me what a great app it is.

Calendar Pro will show all pending tasks in calendar view.
    Glad I posted wu-wei.
    Good Luck
    01-07-12 08:54 PM

How do you set a Begin and End Date? I only see a Due Date (End Date?) in my Berry Tasks app but would love to have a Begin/Start Date as well. Running Torch 9860 with 7.0.

TIA - R.
    02-28-12 04:16 PM
    Yea, when used as such, it will only show the task on its due date on the calendar. If you set a reminder for an earlier date, a reminder will pop up on the date you set, and you can make your notes in it and manually reset the reminder for a different date.

I use Tasks a couple of different ways. For less urgent tasks that don't require my ongoing, daily attention, I use the due date with a reminder set for some date before that. For a task that requires ongoing, regular attention, I set a due date for the earliest day I need to focus on the task and make it a recurring task, either daily, weekly, or monthly. For example, it's now February 28th. If I need to make a task that's due March 10th, and I should work on it every day, I'll set the due date as February 29th, and set it to recur daily. (If you do this, you can also note the final due date in the task's notes and/or set a calendar reminder for it.) The task will then show as a recurring task in tomorrow's calendar. When the reminder pops up (in this case tomorrow), I will add whatever notes I have for the task, then mark the task "completed." Once marked "completed," a recurring daily task will automatically re-enter itself in the same timeslot (unless you change it before marking it completed) in the next day's calendar. These "completed" tasks will populate in the Tasks app (they appear with a green icon), and you can press the menu key and select the option "delete completed" whenever you want. Only the ones marked completed will be deleted, not the main recurring task(s). Just be sure to make any changes before you mark the task completed, or if you've already marked it completed, make changes in the next (not completed) recurrence of the task entry. Otherwise you'll lose your newest notes; they'll be deleted with the completed tasks. You can do the same thing with monthly or weekly recurring tasks. For the weekly ones you can even choose multiple days per week (for example Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat).
    Last edited by T�nis; 02-28-12 at 05:04 PM.
    02-28-12 04:48 PM
    Trial bhive tasks - got it awhile back on bbapp world 1/2 off. Its only a short trial of 48 hrs if I remember, so be sure when do trial you'll be ready to take through its paces. Amazing Organizer v lite on rersources.. Fwiw, I use native calendar interface 4 holidays + appts, this for tasks/alarms.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    02-29-12 11:35 AM
    Why not setting up a task with NO due date, just a reminder on the date it's supposed to be over due.
    03-01-12 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD