I have full upgrade and it is going run me over 300$ to get 9900 on t-mobile. I refuse to pay anything more than 200$. I don't want to get from Sprint or Verizon because they 1st 3g and 2nd I am still on T-mobile contract and can't leave.

It is like RIM/Tmobile don't want me to get a new phone? They want me to be on old phone.... I don't ever recall Android phone costing 350$ from pocket?
    09-23-11 03:53 PM
    if you are on a contract with T-mobile, how is it that you are eligible for ANY subsidy on a new device?

If you are eligible, you are probably near the end of your contract so the ETF might not be too bad.

The subsidized price for the 9900 in canada is $99, so if your only option is $300, wait a few months and the subsidized price will probably drop to be competitive.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 09-23-11 at 04:17 PM.
    09-23-11 04:15 PM
    Seems like RIM has the idea of gouging their hardcore fans in light of the rest of the worlds exodus to android and iPhone.
    09-23-11 04:20 PM
    Since they totally sold out the first round of 9900s why would they price it any lower? To be nice? C'mon, it's supply & demand. If you want it, you need to be willing to pay for it. It's like anything else in the world.
    09-23-11 04:31 PM
    I am 19 months into my contract and called T-Mobile and asked what my ETF. They asked me why and I told them I want the Bold 9900, but it costs too much. They saw I have been with them for 7 years and offered it for $299 and credited my account $50 as well as free 2 day shipping and no upgrade fee. It also looks like I can get the $50 mail in rebate.

I just received the phone last night and am posting from it now! Hands down the best keyboard EVER! This phone makes my 9700 look like a piece of crap!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 04:32 PM
    Also, the rep told me the price was so high because they didn't buy enough from RIM due to a smaller blackberry customer base nowadays.

09-23-11 04:33 PM
    Ok, well, unless RIM is your carrier (which they are not), talk to your carrier.

@slingxshot - Is T-Mob gouging you? Change carriers.

RCCollins - You will want to speak to a Verizon Customer Service.
    09-23-11 04:34 PM
    Since they totally sold out the first round of 9900s why would they price it any lower? To be nice? C'mon, it's supply & demand. If you want it, you need to be willing to pay for it. It's like anything else in the world.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. There is a lot of bashing tmo over the price but they sold out the 9900's and are wating for more to come..
    09-24-11 01:23 AM
    I thought I saw in the blogs that T-mo was having a $99 sale on the 9900 this weekend only. May be worth looking into.
    09-24-11 07:32 AM
    Blackberry just tweeted that today you can get it for 99$ @ tMo.

Go check it out!
    09-24-11 08:14 AM
    Also, the rep told me the price was so high because they didn't buy enough from RIM due to a smaller blackberry customer base nowadays.

YOU just hit the nail on the head.

Everyone is blaming RIM for a shortage of 9900 devices and it is NOT RIM's fault but is the fault of the carrier! They order and pay RIM for devices and RIM will send them to them.
    09-24-11 09:07 AM
    i bought it for 190 EU at the Tmobile with a 1 year contract..
    its for sure the best bold that i ever had the keyboard is just awesome..
    09-24-11 09:43 AM
    $99 today only! You better take advantage if you really want the bold

09-24-11 09:51 AM
    Seems like RIM has the idea of gouging their hardcore fans in light of the rest of the worlds exodus to android and iPhone.

RIM has very competitive pricing for their devices. What you are confusion is the subsidized price set by the carriers - nothing to do with the OEM.

Don't blame RIM for carrier decisions.
    09-24-11 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD