So lately ive noticed the majority of the newer apps coming out dont include a build for 9670, as a style owner its been very upsetting to see a new app and get excited but when i go to check compatible phones the 9670 is absent from the list but older os5 phones are in the list. So i finally shot an email to a developer asking about any future plans to have the app available for the 9670. The response i got was an apology and the guy said that the style was listed with the os5 phones and that it was a mistake and for me to look for the problem to be fixed very soon,i was also thanked for bringing it to there attention.This got me thinking is the 9670 getting no love from builders because it is wrongly listed with a group of older model Blackberrys? Or have developers just pushed the 9670 to the side and forgot all about it. Blackberry Style...aka The red headed step child of the Blackberry family
    09-23-11 12:20 PM
    Agreed!! This is getting more and more irritatiing every day!
    09-23-11 01:50 PM
    Guess we have to upgrade already . But I'd rather not pay 500 for a new bold!
    09-23-11 03:50 PM
    what i dont understand is these newer apps are compatible with older 5.0 models such as the 8500 series but a no go for 9670?
    09-23-11 05:31 PM
    Am I strange for buying my style for what it is....a great secure communication device and not a media device. If I wanted apps, I would of bought the Android or Iphone.
    09-23-11 05:51 PM
    Am I strange for buying my style for what it is....a great secure communication device and not a media device. If I wanted apps, I would of bought the Android or Iphone.
    +1 I agree completely!
    jiffy247 and WolfKC like this.
    09-26-11 11:30 PM
    no i don't think your strange at all for that. now ill ask if im crazy for expecting the style to be included in the list of compatible phones with most of the newer apps coming out through appworld? My point is that this phone has more than what it takes inside to support apps but its just getting kicked to the side with developers and as far as it not being a media device ill have to disagree.Surely android and ios are way ahead in the game compared to rim but i like a lot of the apps for BlackBerry phones. i just dont think its cool how the style gets no love from builders. with that being said i was more than excited about buying this phone because of its potential of being more than just a "secure communication device" How did i come to this conclusion? i read this at the time of its release..To coincide with the enhancements to the BlackBerry� Browser in BlackBerry 6 with the inclusion of the new WebKit rendering engine, we are continuing the new User Agent header definitions from the BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone to the BlackBerry Style 9670 smartphone. This User Agent definition reflects the type of web content supported by the browser, ensuring that your mobile and desktop websites are providing the best possible content and experience. BlackBerry� 6 on the BlackBerry Style 9670 continues the same great development platform as the BlackBerry� Torch� 9800 smartphone, enabling richer Java� applications, advanced graphical capabilities, and of course, the highly touted web experience with BlackBerry� WebWorks� platform and a browser supporting HTML5 and CSS3. in addition there is nothing secure about your style unless your messaging is going through bes. Bis is not encrypted.
    09-27-11 03:05 PM
    Here's a suggestion:

If there is an app that you loved on another device or is already OS 6 compatible with other devices, email the developer and ask if there is a chance they could add the 9670 to their compatible builds. I've asked and have gotten several devs to update their apps to make them compatible with my Style. Never hurts to ask!
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    10-03-11 01:54 PM
    I've gone to app developer websites and found the 9670 as a viable BB. Go to APP World and the same app is "not available for this device"!!!
    10-03-11 03:53 PM
    I've gone to app developer websites and found the 9670 as a viable BB. Go to APP World and the same app is "not available for this device"!!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 03:59 PM
    I respectfully disagree.
    Solely based on the fact that it comes with the highest capacity memory card in Sprint BlackBerry History.
    8gb.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    10-03-11 04:04 PM
    I have found a few apps that worked for the Style that weren't built for the Style by accident via device switch. I'm sure there are many apps that are not "available" for the 9670 that would work fine on it. I just wish appworld didn't restrict your selection depending on the model you have.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 12:33 AM
    It annoys me too but I am stuck with it. I don't have $500 to throw at a new BB. Can't really justify it anyway. The Style works for me. I do use apps (esp Pageonce, Blackberry Travel, Foursquare, Dropbox and Facebook) but the only one I am truly angry about not having is XMSirius. I used that all the time on my Tour and was incensed when they told me they refuse to make a build for OS6. Because of that I've discovered Slacker Radio and am planning to cancel my XMSirius membership, which encompasses 2 radios, the Tour and the online streaming and which I've had for nearly 9 years. Their loss.
    It appears that SiriusXM has stopped supporting OS 6 and later BlackBerry completely.

10-19-11 01:02 AM
    I respectfully disagree.
    Solely based on the fact that it comes with the highest capacity memory card in Sprint BlackBerry History.
    8gb.

If you want more gb go buy another one, up to 32gb if you really want....
    10-19-11 02:21 PM
    Of course, the second free app from RIM is "NOT Compatible" with the Style!!!
    jiffy247 and Ed Lin like this.
    10-20-11 02:22 PM
    Of course, the second free app from RIM is "NOT Compatible" with the Style!!!
    none of the games are available for style,im looking into a way to get around it and get them on my phone
    10-20-11 02:32 PM
    Sadly I may be leaving RIM for good. For my work I need a quality browser and skype for me is much needed.
    10-20-11 02:39 PM
    Here we go again folks BBM music is unavailable for the 9670 blackberry style! It baffles me that I have been using BBM music through beta zone for 2 months but I can't download the official release. WTF is going on here!? I mean really!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 08:59 PM
    BBM Music can be downloaded on the App World site. No problems!
    11-07-11 08:50 AM
    BBM Music can be downloaded on the App World site. No problems!
    yea it only took them three days i wonder if it had anything to do with a crazy 9670 owner sending them email after email?
    Ed Lin likes this.
    11-07-11 12:22 PM
    Some apps not being available for this model is sometimes frusturating, but I like the flip feature of this phone so much that I would not upgrade to another BB unless this one died. But most of the apps I use are available, so its not so bad.
    Ed Lin likes this.
    11-20-11 03:45 PM
    I notice you have both the Style and Playbook on Boost Mobile, is Blackberry Bridge working for you?
    11-21-11 07:02 AM
    I notice you have both the Style and Playbook on Boost Mobile, is Blackberry Bridge working for you?

Works perfectly.
    Ed Lin likes this.
    11-21-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD