I have 2 bb8530's on vzw and I should be up for the new every 2 yrs upgrade. I need to know what smartphone is best on vzw right now I don't care what platform just looking for input. HELP!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 04:19 PM
    The best bet is to see what you like and play with them for an hour at the store. The 9930 would seem to be a logical upgrade or you could wait for the iPhone5 to come out. There are a lot of good Android devices and they come out with a new one every month so if one doesn't tickle your fancy then wait a month. I would say I'd you like your phone just get the 9930. If I wasn't so done with the BB OS and didn't want a full touchscreen and a lot of Lapps it would have been what I got as a phone. It has the best a Blackberry has ever had to offer ever and would be a great phone.

09-22-11 12:24 AM
    I would recommend the 9930 Bold Blackberry.
    09-22-11 06:02 AM
    I thought the new every two was gone is that only for new upgrades since the announcement?
    09-22-11 03:17 PM
    I thought the new every two was gone is that only for new upgrades since the announcement?
    People who upgraded before New Every Two was killed (last November?) get it one last time on their next upgrade. It now shows up as "Loyalty Discount".
    09-22-11 04:50 PM
    VZW is a joke!! Been with them for over 10yrs! I think in Oct. I'm gonna take my 3 lines and move to a different carrier. I have been LOYAL!! They haven't...period!

09-26-11 12:17 PM
    VZW is a joke!! Been with them for over 10yrs! I think in Oct. I'm gonna take my 3 lines and move to a different carrier. I have been LOYAL!! They haven't...period!

What have they done wrong? They are the same price as at&t. I don't know what I'm missing.
    09-26-11 12:21 PM
    Yeah really...I always liked VZW for a wireless carrier. Now verizon landline/internet, that is a completely different story. But VZW customer service has always been good.
    09-26-11 12:25 PM

Bye! It was a pleasure...

vatothe0 likes this.
    09-26-11 05:58 PM
    So... I've been with VZW since 2006. I've consistently received early upgrades from them on every contract renewal. I just upgraded to the 9930 because of one.

My renewal is up next April sometime and they sent me an email last Friday inviting me to upgrade to the latest smartphone at current 2yr pricing, minus $50.

I call that maintaining customer loyalty, but you can call it whatever you'd like.
    09-28-11 08:31 PM
    I don't see early upgrade prices around $300 per phone as anything but highway robbery. Also some of the responses here make me laugh please supermario keep them up you act like you own vzw LOL!!
    I love it!!

09-29-11 04:13 PM
    I don't see early upgrade prices around $300 per phone as anything but highway robbery. Also some of the responses here make me laugh please supermario keep them up you act like you own vzw LOL!!
    I love it!!

How so? Because I said bye? If you can't afford the phone, no reason to get all huffy. Just leave to another carrier like you want and go get a cheap phone. I hear AT&T has one for 30 bucks!

vatothe0 likes this.
    09-29-11 06:27 PM
    been a while since ive been on here. but if you keep ur bill 0ed out and and have a good history. they treat you very well. they gave me an upgrade 11 months after my last upgrade and im the only line on my plan. i dont know how it happened but it is deff awesome. they look at that stuff too. like if you carry a balance that deff knocks u down a peg in their eyes. and a past due is worse, not that im saying any of u guys do, but people that work there have told me that.
    10-03-11 01:38 AM
    I have NEVER been late with a bill in my life. Can't afford it??? I NEVER said anything to that effect period. I'm very happy for all of you who have been treated so well by vzw up until recently I wa one. So if I have a problem I WILL state it here. Seems like some of you work for vzw and are here to say how wonderful they are. But for the most part I see people posting about how big red is a big thief!! I will see what happens when I go to vzw store. Til then....

10-03-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD