A year ago I had my first bb. It was a curve. I think 8330. I loved it! I ventured out and got a Droid and this is what I have been using the past year. I am not a big fan. So long story short. I am going back to a bb. I am on a budget and don't want to be tied into a contract so I have my eye on amazon for a tour. From my research today it gets so confusing. So I thought I would ask here if this would be a good bb. I loved the curve and would and could buy another but I do remember it freezing and was thinking a newer model may not have that glitch. Droid has never froze. Been slow at moving around. Lol thanks for any replies.
    09-21-11 04:00 PM
    The tour is aging. I would get a newer one.
    09-21-11 04:51 PM
    Any suggestions?
    09-21-11 05:05 PM
    I have a Tour (bought it when introduced) and it has been great.
    Having said that, you can probably find a Bold 9650 (upgraded Tour) for cheap and be able to run OS 6.
    09-22-11 11:03 AM
    I have had a Tour since they first came out. I have had zero problems, I love it, I will probably upgrade at some point, but I have been completely satisfied with the Tour
    09-22-11 05:20 PM
    I never understood the tour line (well iguess it wasn't really a line more like a phone) why did rrim create the tour if the curve is the low end device and bold is the high end was it supposed to be mid range or what?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 11:51 PM
    other than the trackball that constantly gets stuck (a very common problem with tours), i have no complaints about it. like other's said, i'd recommend the bold as well if you can find one. just more phone and can run os6.
    09-23-11 11:27 AM
    A year ago I had my first bb. It was a curve. I think 8330. I loved it! I ventured out and got a Droid and this is what I have been using the past year. I am not a big fan. So long story short. I am going back to a bb. I am on a budget and don't want to be tied into a contract so I have my eye on amazon for a tour. From my research today it gets so confusing. So I thought I would ask here if this would be a good bb. I loved the curve and would and could buy another but I do remember it freezing and was thinking a newer model may not have that glitch. Droid has never froze. Been slow at moving around. Lol thanks for any replies.
    I've had my Tour for almost two years and despite the trackball going out on it after a few months I've had no problems. It has been a rock solid device. I work in the construction trade and tend to be rough on my phones at times. If it wasn't for my upgrade in a few days I would be glad to keep using it. That being said, and with all the new OS 7 devices coming out maybe try looking for a good deal on a Bold 9650. The addition of wifi, trackpad and more memory would be very nice if you can find a deal on one.
    09-27-11 06:43 PM
    I just sold my HTC Evo and bought a Tour 9630 straight from sprint for $100. I am extremely happy. No trackball issues, no freezing. Having a keyboard is the best decision phonewise. I'm saving up for the Bold 9930, but a Tour is a great phone if you buy a newer one that hasn't been in use and abused by somebody.

10-03-11 10:36 AM
    Do not get a tour. I love my tour, don't get me wrong. But with the options of other bb's out there I would go with the 9650. The main reason is the trackball. If I were you I would make sure I did not have a trackball I had to deal with. So go for the 9650, you will be able to find a good deal on that phone and if it does cost a little more it is definitely worth it, trust me. I've had my tour for almost two years and I can't wait to upgrade to a trackpad

10-03-11 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD