I am pretty sure I was the first one to get one from my local Costco and they didn't even stock it. It will ship to me in 3-5 days, but the savings are worth the wait.

Verizon screwed me out of my new every 2 $100. Apparently when I changed my plan online because I wasn't using the minutes they dropped it to $30 without telling me. I was 20 months into my NE2 for $100 and would have waited the 4 months had I known.

I called 611 and went to my local store and they would do nothing. My local verizon store didn't even have the phone on display and had to get one out and plug it in for me to play with it. I was the first person to even ask about it.

I think if RIM doesn't get its act together they will be the next Nokia. Without Big Reds support I just don't see them being successful.

Anyway Costco has the 9850 plus a car charger, carrying case and screen saver for $129.99. I suppose whether it is in stock at your local Costco may vary, but maybe not.

I ordered mine last night and now I will wait the few days for it to arrive. I apparently gave up my $30 from Verizon, but I don't care since the phone was $70 off from their price, plus with the accessories it is probably another $20-30 in value. Costco also gives you 14 days to return the phone, the same as Verizon or 90 days to trade it for something else, this is something Verizon doesn't offer. Thank you Costco!

I would bet money that in less than one month the price at Verizon will drop to $99 when they don't sell many of these phones.

Ok, rant off. Good luck~
    09-21-11 02:54 PM
    Yeah, I saw this in Costco the other day and I had to go by fast because I just spent $199 each for two Torch 9850's from Verizon's website and I could kick myself.

I still love my Torch though...
    09-21-11 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up... tried the website, but it doesnt list the 9850... guess I will have to stop by on the way home.
    09-21-11 04:19 PM
    Good find CarGuyDude,

Good Luck
    09-21-11 07:02 PM
    Good find CarGuyDude,

Good Luck
    Storm 2? Are you still on the fence I see? Make the jump over...I did!

Come join us former S1/2 owners...to the dark side!
    09-21-11 11:56 PM
    LOL, seriously.... If this phone didn't come out when it did for Verizon, I'd be with Sprint right now.
    09-22-11 12:07 AM
    Storm 2? Are you still on the fence I see? Make the jump over...I did!

Come join us former S1/2 owners...to the dark side!
    I'm not on the fence...I ordered it from Costco...just waiting for it to arrive. But I still think this could be my last BB if RIM doesn't get its act together. I'm also a Storm 1 (bought on the first day available) and Storm 2 (tried the original Droid Incredible and went back to my Storm 2) owner. I have loved and sometimes hated both phones, but I love the concept. It will be weird to type on a non-SurePress phone after all this time.
    Last edited by CarGuyDude; 09-22-11 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Added more comment
    09-22-11 01:57 PM
    I'm not on the fence..
    TommyBB was referring to me.
    Unfortunately after getting all excited, I discovered my contract renews in Feb 2012.
    Goodl, Luck
    09-22-11 06:13 PM
    TommyBB was referring to me.
    Unfortunately after getting all excited, I discovered my contract renews in Feb 2012.
    Goodl, Luck
    Lucky duck! 2 months earlier than me!
    09-22-11 07:29 PM
    Lucky duck! 2 months earlier than me!
    4 or 5 months from now is a long time in tech world.
    Who know what will be out there then.

Good Luck
    09-23-11 07:09 PM
    I got the package yesterday right before I left for work so I am setting it up this morning. It is a nice buy. The accessories while not Verizon branded look like quality pieces and all bundled together in a Costco branded package.
    09-24-11 02:43 PM
    If you call on 611 and tell them you'd like a 9850, BUT Radio Shack has 'em for 99.00, they will give you that price. Mine arrived the next day. Not bad for 99 bucks. GREAT phone so far, and bridged to my PB64, I BE IN LOVE>>>>>>>>>>>>>

C
    09-26-11 04:07 PM
    If you call on 611 and tell them you'd like a 9850, BUT Radio Shack has 'em for 99.00, they will give you that price. Mine arrived the next day. Not bad for 99 bucks. GREAT phone so far, and bridged to my PB64, I BE IN LOVE>>>>>>>>>>>>>

C
    Apparently I don't have the right mojo to get this done. Tried a couple times with different reps and they said they couldn't (wouldn't) honor the Radio Shack price. Ended up going down to Costco on the way home and ordering it.
    09-27-11 11:04 AM
    Apparently I don't have the right mojo to get this done. Tried a couple times with different reps and they said they couldn't (wouldn't) honor the Radio Shack price. Ended up going down to Costco on the way home and ordering it.
    I also found the Verizon reps to be most uncoooperative when dealing with my NE2 that was reduced from $100 to $30...tried several times but none were helpful to me. Me thinks Big Red is getting an attitude...and not a good one! Thinking they don't need their customers or to take care of them any longer. While I enjoy the coverage they provide, I'm no longer happy with their customer service. And in the long run customer service makes or breaks a company.

You won't be disappointed with the Costco buy, plus you get the accessories which equal about $30, so figure it is about even. Enjoy!
    09-27-11 11:31 AM
    You are my life saver! That is providing that I can actually get this phone. My Storm2 completely croaked on me early July. My being past due for an upgrade left me with the only option of upgrading to something in order to have a phone, and I most certainly wasn't going to pay for an old outdated blackberry with my upgrade. So I tried a droid ... needless to say I hate it and have been missing my BB ever since. Once the Verizon Torch came out I've been looking for a way to get my hands on one where it wouldn't cost me $500!!!

You, my friend, have given me hope of obtaining my dream . I am running to Costco tonight hoping for a miracle. Thank you!!!

Now ... does anyone know of anyone who might be interested in buying a lightly used Samsung Charge????
    09-27-11 12:53 PM
    You are my life saver! That is providing that I can actually get this phone. My Storm2 completely croaked on me early July. My being past due for an upgrade left me with the only option of upgrading to something in order to have a phone, and I most certainly wasn't going to pay for an old outdated blackberry with my upgrade. So I tried a droid ... needless to say I hate it and have been missing my BB ever since. Once the Verizon Torch came out I've been looking for a way to get my hands on one where it wouldn't cost me $500!!!

You, my friend, have given me hope of obtaining my dream . I am running to Costco tonight hoping for a miracle. Thank you!!!

Now ... does anyone know of anyone who might be interested in buying a lightly used Samsung Charge????
    The $129.99 was the upgrade price...not sure what the price is without an upgrade due. Good luck!
    09-27-11 01:03 PM
    The $129.99 was the upgrade price...not sure what the price is without an upgrade due. Good luck!
    Oh ... really? I suddenly hear a fizzling sound. Thanks for the info.
    09-27-11 01:29 PM
    Okay how long did it take for you to get your phone and where did it ship from? I bought mine yesterday and I'm waiting less than patiently!
    09-28-11 06:44 PM
    Okay how long did it take for you to get your phone and where did it ship from? I bought mine yesterday and I'm waiting less than patiently!

They shipped it 2-day air via UPS. So just a few days. Enjoy~
    09-29-11 05:29 AM
    looking at the costco website, i don't even see the 9850...
    09-29-11 10:28 AM
    looking at the costco website, i don't even see the 9850...
    Go into your Costco store and ask as my local store had a dummy model but it was not prominently on display...it was hidden at the top of the display tablel in one of the slots so nothing you would even notice unless you asked or caught a glimpse of it. Just ask them in the store.
    09-29-11 11:25 AM
    At our Costco in San Diego, it had a very large sign advertising both the Torch 9850 and the Bold 9930 with big pictures of the phones and dummies on the counter above the sign. Very prominent and very distubing to me since I just paid full upgrade price of $199 for two of them from VZW. I could have purchased alot of accessories for the $140 I would have saved if I didn't jump the gun.

I do love the phone though which helps...
    09-29-11 12:19 PM
    to the OP, thanks!!! I just purchased a Torch yesterday through Costco; same dealio. What's even better is that they only charged me tax on the $129 price. Most of the time tax is based on the full retail price ($500), at least in California. Now if UPs would just hurry up and deliver.
    09-29-11 10:41 PM
    Did you get it yet?
    10-01-11 05:29 PM
    Did you get it yet?
    Nope! They didn't send it till Thursday so I won't see it till Monday.
    10-01-11 08:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD