B@stard Hybrid 20110921

Created by wu-wei (theme developer ordinaire and former BDHP member/beta-tester)

The new build....

This hybrid has been through minimal testing on the Bold 9700 platform. I have received reports that it works well on 9780 and 9300 devices, too.

I recommend using Bell Mobility's official 6.0.0.615 as a base OS for this hybrid on the 9700.

You can get the stock OS installer here.

Change Log:
    • Includes files from the latest OS - 7.0.0.400
    • Boot time is, um, very quick
    • Browser is also, um, very quick

I have not personally tested this hybrid on any other devices, or on any other OS versions as a base install; however it should work on other devices without issue.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I have not encountered any bugs with this build, but I have not run it through extensive testing either.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v6.0.0.615_P6.6.0.223\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you are attempting to install this over any other hybrid, you should first restore the original Java folder for 6.0.0.615 on your PC. A few of the stock files are used in this build, and the proper functioning of this hybrid depends on using those stock files.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Download B@stard Hybrid 20110921

And the Email Setup Application files are still the same as last build.

The hybrid linked above does NOT include any different Email Setup Application files. If you install it as-is, you will have the same Setup files as included in your base OS.

If you want to try a different version, they are linked below.

Personally, I have been running the newer version for over a month with zero issues.

Email Setup Application 7.11.0619.1924

If you want to run the Email Setup Application that is included in the 6.0.0.650 OS, then you can use this link:

Email Setup Application (from 6.0.0.650)

Keep in mind that if you try the new version and it does not function properly, you can install the 650 version and it should work with no issues at all.

So we have a "fallback" option now.

Many thanks to ench18 and SteelHelmet for their assistance in testing and developing this build.
    09-21-11 01:43 PM
    on with the testing!! i guess apps are default yes?

and i need a shrinker (someone who is awesome at shrinking!)
    09-21-11 02:13 PM
    lets try i hope the browser issue is fixed in this
    09-21-11 03:24 PM
    lets try i hope the browser issue is fixed in this
    what browser issue?
    09-21-11 04:29 PM
    like u open a site like Cobone: Get Firming or Anti-Cellulite Therapy for 140 AED instead of 350 AED it says page too large and just closes . we can put the javascript off etc etc but yyyyy
    09-21-11 04:32 PM
    I just loaded the full engadget site without issue, and quite quickly over 3G.

The 'browser issue' is more to do with the OS memory management than anything else.

My first reboot was about a minute, second was closer to normal, which is much longer. But testing showed consistently quick reboots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 04:34 PM
    I just loaded the full engadget site without issue, and quite quickly over 3G.

The 'browser issue' is more to do with the OS memory management than anything else.

My first reboot was about a minute, second was closer to normal, which is much longer. But testing showed consistently quick reboots.

does it have crap? can you help me shrink out all the crap? or would you rather reco just loading it as-is?
    09-21-11 04:56 PM
    do this hb rom improve batt life? do not memory leak?
    09-21-11 07:02 PM
    Awesome build!!!! ++++++10!!! Thanks wu!
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-21-11 07:29 PM
    Congrats Wu! you're way quicker than me these days lol.

Ah well, this definitely will work on 9780 on a 600 and 9300 on 615 (they need to keep the clockfaces and theme as 9300).

Now that I like your hybrids, I share you a little trick.

Get down to app management and see your core OS 6.

How many plazmic and xml modules do you have there?

BBM me if you wanna know how to get it down to just one.

wu-wei likes this.
    09-21-11 08:32 PM
    does it have crap? can you help me shrink out all the crap? or would you rather reco just loading it as-is?
    Here is my BB Boss screen for a shrink.

After some fine-tuning, my Java folder is 34.7 MB with 377 files in it.
    cloudedhopes likes this.
    09-21-11 09:14 PM
    Congrats Wu! you're way quicker than me these days lol.

Ah well, this definitely will work on 9780 on a 600 and 9300 on 615 (they need to keep the clockfaces and theme as 9300).

Now that I like your hybrids, I share you a little trick.
    Well, I'm only building for one device. So that makes things a heck of a lot easier.

Oh, and BBM sent.
    09-21-11 09:16 PM
    Well, I'm only building for one device. So that makes things a heck of a lot easier.

Oh, and BBM sent.
    lol, sorry, just loading 400 into my device now, out of action.

The trick is to rename the multiple calls made by the platform and blackberry alx on those modules, just add 1 or x or something and leave only one of each.

You just play with them on notepad.

Oh, which one is better in your opinion 362 or 400 mix?? I found 362 super smooth. I hope this tops it, otherwise I be wasting a bit of time
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-21-11 09:36 PM
    lol, sorry, just loading 400 into my device now, out of action.

The trick is to rename the multiple calls made by the platform and blackberry alx on those modules, just add 1 or x or something and leave only one of each.

You just play with them on notepad.

Oh, which one is better in your opinion 362 or 400 mix?? I found 362 super smooth. I hope this tops it, otherwise I be wasting a bit of time
    Thanks for the tip - I've got fairly customized ALX files already, a little more tweaking won't hurt.

And I skipped 362, so I don't really have a frame of reference for making comparisons. I got burnt out with the problems of building over 650, and just needed a break.

So far, I think this is one of my best builds. I can't say for certain where I hide the secret sauce, but it's in there.
    09-21-11 10:50 PM
    thanks.. I've been waiting for your hybrid..

Here is my BB Boss screen for a shrink.

Click to view quoted image

After some fine-tuning, my Java folder is 34.7 MB with 377 files in it.
    hey wu-wei, what's the use of s/mime support? I usually shrink it..
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-22-11 03:24 AM
    thanks.. I've been waiting for your hybrid..

hey wu-wei, what's the use of s/mime support? I usually shrink it..
    Here are the details of what it entails.
    lester78 and wu-wei like this.
    09-22-11 03:58 AM
    this hybrids not working for me - i click on the email icon and nothing happens, my bbm contacts are gone, text message doesn't open...

any ideas of these symptoms point to?

edit: net_rim_bb_messaging was terminated because was not responding kind of error.
    Last edited by cloudedhopes; 09-22-11 at 04:33 AM.
    09-22-11 04:27 AM
    this hybrids not working for me - i click on the email icon and nothing happens, my bbm contacts are gone, text message doesn't open...

any ideas of these symptoms point to?

edit: net_rim_bb_messaging was terminated because was not responding kind of error.
    Change net_rim_data_provider cod, and net_rim_bb_implus_app cod, use cods from OS .615.....hopefully it will solve your problems....
    09-22-11 05:22 AM
    Change net_rim_data_provider cod, and net_rim_bb_implus_app cod, use cods from OS .615.....hopefully it will solve your problems....
    i might as well just use the entire stock .615? :P

i waited. it crashed (messaging) - then i was insistent - kept trying and voila! it worked.

new finding: after battery pull... give it a couple of minutes (couple meaning 5, 10 or 15) to allow emails, bbm, addressbook, etc. (just about everything) to load up... then use and it'll be A OK!

but why wait is something i don't understand :/
    09-22-11 05:32 AM
    then ur doing something wrong.

i've loaded up this hybrid and it's working flawless at my end!

best hybrid i've used since BHDP!

major propz tu Wu-Wei!!
    wu-wei likes this.
    09-22-11 06:00 AM
    then ur doing something wrong.

i've loaded up this hybrid and it's working flawless at my end!

best hybrid i've used since BHDP!

major propz tu Wu-Wei!!
    the only thing i did differently was (vs. all the previous times) is using BB Boss to shrink...

so you're telling me, when you do a battery pull - as soon as the phone starts - everything is functional immediately? (like address book, bbm, email, txt, etc.)?

ps. i have already loaded twice, so just looking for some help...
    09-22-11 07:02 AM
    Your hybrids were always great. I have one question though. Do u shrink the base 615 and then paste the b@stard in the java folder or paste the hybrid first and then shrink the files ?
    I want to have the best results that's why I'm asking.

wu-wei likes this.
    09-22-11 07:31 AM
    Your hybrids were always great. I have one question though. Do u shrink the base 615 and then paste the b@stard in the java folder or paste the hybrid first and then shrink the files ?
    I want to have the best results that's why I'm asking.

Virtually all of the files in the hybrid package are required for basic OS operation, and would very likely not be removed during shrinking.

With that said, I usually shrink the base first and copy the hybrid over it. But that's because I know (almost by heart) which 370 or so cod files I'm installing. ;-)

If I was installing someone else's hybrid, I would apply the hybrid first and then shrink.
    09-22-11 10:14 AM
    the only thing i did differently was (vs. all the previous times) is using BB Boss to shrink...

so you're telling me, when you do a battery pull - as soon as the phone starts - everything is functional immediately? (like address book, bbm, email, txt, etc.)?

ps. i have already loaded twice, so just looking for some help...
    Are you seeing this reload of messages, etc. after every single battery pull? Usually that only happens at the first boot of the device, for indexing and service book configuration.

If you are still seeing this issue, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the base OS on your PC, then wiping and reinstalling the OS on your device, and doing a selective restore from backup. (I actually did that last night, for different reasons).
    09-22-11 10:20 AM
    If I want to use the new email application at a later stage, can I just load the single jad file to my phone or do I have to reinstall the whole OS?
    Thanks for the hybrid btw!
    09-22-11 12:44 PM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD