It has been over a month now and coming from a Android device to the 9930 I am having to adjust to the differences between the two. How are other converts doing with the transition? Did you go back or stick it out?
    09-21-11 05:35 AM
    Same here, first time blackberry user coming from a nexus one I'm gonna stick with it for a while since it's a really great phone. However, I occasionally miss all the variety of apps on android, especially spotify.
    09-21-11 08:43 AM
    I'm coming from a different path. I was always a windows mobile users. Changed jobs and became a Blackberry (9700) user. Wasn't sure initially but my BB quickly grew to be something I couldn't live without.

I was then asked to evaluate the possible replacement of our BB's globally with iPhone or Android, so I received an iPhone and an Android (Galaxy S) and gave each a couple of weeks hard use. After that I ended up carrying around 3 phones for a few weeks and I found whenever I received an e-mail, I would pickup the Blackberry. The E-mail app in iOS is painful with exchange, and on Android, using PUSH was a HUGE battery hog. I also tried a number of mail apps (MailDroid/K9/Enhanced Mail) and they were all lacking. Small things were missing like "Mark previous as read". But when you add up all the small things it becomes a BIG thing.

Now 12 months down the track, I've completely stopped carrying the iPhone (now a dedicated remote for my Sonos System), I carry my Galaxy for games and for everything else, I use my BB (9900).

Internet browsing was painful with the 9700, but it is much better with the 9900. It's still not as good as on iOS or Android, but it's more than enough for the times when I'm not sitting at a computer.

If you use your phone mostly for e-mail, sms and phonecalls, then IMHO nothing comes close to the BB. The BES integration with Exchange makes it crap all over the active-sync alternatives.

In a company of 2000 users, and 200 BB's, with a management team who complains if a single thing goes wrong on their phones, the idea of moving to iPhone or Android, was just not on the cards. It would be a nightmare to support.

Everyone's situation is different, but from where I'm sitting where the number 1 use for my phone is E-mail, I still don't think anything comes close to BB.
    Last edited by cyeoh; 09-21-11 at 09:02 AM.
    bigbamboo likes this.
    09-21-11 09:00 AM
    I have not looked back once, ya it took some time to adjust but im loving it now. I still have my droid x for when i need that kind of phone, but in the last couple of weeks i only activated my droid x once.
    09-21-11 10:00 AM
    ESN, i thought you went back to your DInc 2?!
    09-21-11 10:19 AM
    Came from droid and do miss the apps and larger screen but still prefer the 9930.
    09-21-11 11:00 AM
    Came from the incredible and haven't really looked back. I was always flashing different roms or looking for new apps or games instead of using it as a phone. It was a bit distracting and my battery life was horrible so i'd always have to carry a spare. Now i solely use my bold as a communication device instead of always playing games or something. I always said that i'd try a blackberry once they made the the top half touchscreen and they finally did and i love the change so far
    09-21-11 12:31 PM
    I'm coming from a Samsung Epic. I haven't picked that thing back up. I mean I do miss the 4 inch screen... some of the apps... and flash (once in a while so I can play games on FB) but the stability, the way Blackberry's handle messaging and phone calls, its something that my Epic lacked... tremendously. Plus, this battery beats my Epic hands down. I also had an iPhone but it gets boring after a while, I have an iPad so I feel pretty complete and found the best combination to fit my needs.
    sprocket2107 likes this.
    09-21-11 12:48 PM
    I'm coming from a Samsung Epic. I haven't picked that thing back up. I mean I do miss the 4 inch screen... some of the apps... and flash (once in a while so I can play games on FB) but the stability, the way Blackberry's handle messaging and phone calls, its something that my Epic lacked... tremendously. Plus, this battery beats my Epic hands down. I also had an iPhone but it gets boring after a while, I have an iPad so I feel pretty complete and found the best combination to fit my needs.
    I also have an epic. I had to root it just to get it to perform the way it's suppose to. I'm considering the bold and the iPhone.
    09-21-11 01:28 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-21-11 04:42 PM
    I will have to agree with who ever said they found themselves using their device for everything but to communicate. Yeah its great to have 100,000 apps if you have that need but the way the BB devices do messages, email, and now even web browsing there's no match. Being a past BB, Android, and most recently an iPhone user I must say I hope BB keeps improving and even competes for more market share because I love the devices.

09-21-11 04:47 PM
    I had the HTC hero, I miss the variety of apps and the fact I can use stock youtube and watch HD/HQ however I'm loving the new apps I find daily (literally I download one or two apps a day) I'm loving the BB although I'm not sure if my next phone will still be BB.
    09-21-11 04:56 PM
    Came from a Nexus S, have a 9930 now. No way i'm going back!
    09-21-11 05:06 PM
    My biggest accomplishment with getting the bold was ease of use and navigating around the device. I lost some apps I can work around but still miss them. The biggest thing is the physical keyboard I can't believe the difference in how fast I can type on it.
    09-21-11 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD