so I've been using the power button which used to be slightly higher than the playbook cases is now almost flush and makes weird spring noises wheni push it. Has anyone else noticed their power button slowly breaking after using it repeatedly to turn the screen display on and off? I'm tempted to send it in for repair before my 1 year warranty is up.
    09-19-11 10:25 PM
    I've only ever used my power button once.
    09-19-11 10:37 PM
    It's a common problem. I'm not sure it's a big deal, mines the same way. I just use the power button less. Use the wake gesture and the standby button.
    09-19-11 10:38 PM
    It's a common problem. I'm not sure it's a big deal, mines the same way. I just use the power button less. Use the wake gesture and the standby button.
    So I can wake the PB up using a gesture?
    And what is the Standby button? It is not like the ipad that uses the same button to power off and put the device into standby?
    Sorry, Im a PB noob, just ordered mine this week. lol
    09-19-11 11:52 PM
    gestures to wake it up are swiping it in any direction, bezel to bezel. (left to right, right to left, up to down and down to up)
    You can put it into standby by tapping the battery icon, there an option to resart, power down and standby.
    I rarely use my power button, only to turn it on when I shut it off
    09-20-11 12:04 AM
    Press the Battery icon (upper right) and it will off 3 choices/buttons. You can place it in standby, poweroff, or restart.

A full swipe across the bezel (either up/down or down/up or left/right, etc) will bring it out of standby. A quick press of the power places it in standby a longer press turns it off. Press power button to reverse.

You can also let it timeout to enter standby and this is adjustable.

By the way, when listening to music, the vol up/down will advance or goback tracks.
    09-20-11 12:17 AM
    Press the Battery icon (upper right) and it will off 3 choices/buttons. You can place it in standby, poweroff, or restart.

A full swipe across the bezel (either up/down or down/up or left/right, etc) will bring it out of standby. A quick press of the power places it in standby a longer press turns it off. Press power button to reverse.

You can also let it timeout to enter standby and this is adjustable.

By the way, when listening to music, the vol up/down will advance or goback tracks.
    GREAT!!!
    Like I said, im a noob.
    I think that is an awesome feature, I sometimes worry about "wearing" out a power button on some devices, im glad that hopefully wont be an issue on the PB
    Thanks for the help!!!
    09-20-11 12:20 AM
    My PlayBooks power button is stuck in the device. Not that its not useable any more, but I have to use a pen tip or something to press it. I only use it to turn it on when I power it off.
    09-20-11 09:38 AM
    My PlayBooks power button is stuck in the device. Not that its not useable any more, but I have to use a pen tip or something to press it. I only use it to turn it on when I power it off.
    I would recommend to you to send it in before your warranty is over. Mine may be a little depressed but I have never had to use a pen to get it to go. Not that I know how you treat you're PB but be gently with her, act like your pleasuring your wife or husband, and not like hammering a nail.
    RubberBroke likes this.
    09-20-11 09:44 AM
    Why are you using the power button enough to possibly break it? I've used it twice and bought it the first week available. First time I turned it on out of the box I used the power button, and the one time in 5 months of use that device crashed out I had to use the power button. You can now power off, restart and put the device in standby all with the touchscreen. I never power the device down, only rarely restart, and most of time put in standby where you just have to swipe to wake it up.
    09-20-11 09:47 AM
    gestures to wake it up are swiping it in any direction, bezel to bezel. (left to right, right to left, up to down and down to up)
    You can put it into standby by tapping the battery icon, there an option to resart, power down and standby.
    I rarely use my power button, only to turn it on when I shut it off
    Bonjour Madame ...
    you guys should be more polite !
    Simple and clear response, we need more women here
    09-20-11 09:53 AM
    Why are you using the power button enough to possibly break it? I've used it twice and bought it the first week available. First time I turned it on out of the box I used the power button, and the one time in 5 months of use that device crashed out I had to use the power button. You can now power off, restart and put the device in standby all with the touchscreen. I never power the device down, only rarely restart, and most of time put in standby where you just have to swipe to wake it up.
    I know a vast majority of users have come across the gestures and the Power/Standby/Restart buttons, but honestly if I hadn't of one day been like "Why the **** does my screen keep turning on when I'm cleaning it" and then had my eureka moment when I looked it up. But for the rest it needs to be spread by word of mouth, that and at launch they're wasn't a button to out it into to standby
    09-20-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD