My last Defender for 9000 was awesome.
    Defender for 9930 has been problematic. Anyone else having issues?
    1> Too tight in holster. I fell like I'm going to break the phone every time I try pulling it out of holster. It's been 3 weeks now and not getting any looser.
    2> The rubber around the edges keep coming off. I have to push back on every time I take out of holster.

The case is beautiful but isn't working too well.
    09-19-11 09:43 PM
    Also, make sure you check the area below the keyboard. The inside of the plastic case rubs the face causing it to mark up the black area with a line and to take the paint off the Verizon logo. I sent an email to Otterbox but no reply. Not feeling the love with Otterbox right now.

The Hankster
    09-19-11 09:50 PM
    I'm not keen on the design of this latest OtterBox, as its missing the more sealed up screen and keyboard covers of old Seems more like a commuter. They seem to have hit their best design with the 8900 case, and then slowly went down the tubes with BlackBerry cases since.
    I won't be getting an OtterBox
    whenever AT&T releases the 9900.
    Hankster: sorry to hear that customer service is getting poor. They used to be the best, no question asked, we'll take care of it, in the case maker world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 10:02 PM
    I was planning on getting a otterbox defender for the bold after hearing about the horrors of the oem holster. Now I'm reconsidering.

If not a ob or the oem holster then what's the best option?

maybe the Oem hardcase and a 9000 holster?
    09-19-11 10:54 PM
    Not sure about the Defender, but I do have the Commuter and it's great. I love it, great construction, and I'm getting a lot of positive comments on it when people put it in there hands.
    Only thing is it covers up the nice metal bezel :-(
    09-19-11 11:06 PM
    Not sure about the Defender, but I do have the Commuter and it's great. I love it, great construction, and I'm getting a lot of positive comments on it when people put it in there hands.
    Only thing is it covers up the nice metal bezel :-(
    Isn't the commuter case the same as defender except without holster? If so, doesn't the rubber trim part keep coming off for you? I almost feel like gluing it on.
    09-19-11 11:10 PM
    Isn't the commuter case the same as defender except without holster? If so, doesn't the rubber trim part keep coming off for you? I almost feel like gluing it on.
    No its not the same.... The Commuter case is great... the Defender case comes apart after weeks of use. The Commuter is completely different from Defender. I need the Defender because it comes with the clip.
    09-20-11 12:07 AM
    No not at all. Here look at this little comparison of both:

Commuter has a hard outercase, soft inner skin. Basically the opposite of the Defender, and a lot thinner. Of course less resistant too. Yours will take a fall better than mine with your rubbery outer skin, but mine fits nicely in my pocket.
    The nice thing is the Bold99xx is so slim, my commuter case still keeps my phone thin enough to put in my jeans without any problems :-)

So I guess to answer your question, no my case does not want to come off at all (the hard shell keeps the soft inner skin firmly in place).
    Good luck with yours!
    09-20-11 12:12 AM
    No not at all. Here look at this little comparison of both:

Commuter has a hard outercase, soft inner skin. Basically the opposite of the Defender, and a lot thinner. Of course less resistant too. Yours will take a fall better than mine with your rubbery outer skin, but mine fits nicely in my pocket.
    The nice thing is the Bold99xx is so slim, my commuter case still keeps my phone thin enough to put in my jeans without any problems :-)

So I guess to answer your question, no my case does not want to come off at all (the hard shell keeps the soft inner skin firmly in place).
    Good luck with yours!
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm kinda stuck in that I need a belt clip.
    09-20-11 01:07 AM
    I'm not thrilled at all that all OtterBox is giving with this case is edge/body protection - one of the things I always bought an OtterBox for was not only the potential damage protection but also the face protection - I get my hands dirty quite a bit at work and having that silicone covering the keys would be great. The rubber tends to pull away from the front when removed from the holster, as previously mentioned.

I used to use a Defender with my old Pearl, and the only things exposed were the trackball and the microphone opening. I don't think it would be terribly hard to cover the screen, keys, AND trackpad. I cover them with plastic cut from a plastic back and tucked inside my case, doesn't stop me from using my device at all.
    09-20-11 01:14 AM
    Yeah me too! I hate it! The skin I driving me nuts!

But its the best so far. I need the protection. I work construction so I'm always dirty, and I drop it at least twice a day. I'm using the keypad cover from my 9650 defender case (which was the absolute best).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 09:16 AM
    No its not the same.... The Commuter case is great... the Defender case comes apart after weeks of use. The Commuter is completely different from Defender. I need the Defender because it comes with the clip.
    Can't you just get the commuter case, then get the 9000 OEM Leather holster and use it like that. That's how I got it set up except I got the Blackberry Soft shell case and the 9000 OEM leather holster and they are a match made in heaven.....
    09-20-11 09:44 AM
    Can't you just get the commuter case, then get the 9000 OEM Leather holster and use it like that. That's how I got it set up except I got the Blackberry Soft shell case and the 9000 OEM leather holster and they are a match made in heaven.....
    Isn't it too tight? I can barely get a naked 9930 into the OEM leather case. But that sounds like a good idea.
    09-20-11 10:56 AM
    Isn't it too tight? I can barely get a naked 9930 into the OEM leather case. But that sounds like a good idea.
    Not the OEM leather for the 9930, the OEM Leather for the Bold 9000.
    09-20-11 02:34 PM
    Not the OEM leather for the 9930, the OEM Leather for the Bold 9000.
    Oh, I missed that. That sounds like a great idea. I'll go dig through my closet to see if i can find it. Thanks
    09-20-11 02:46 PM
    Other than the Defender from Otterbox, is there another case with a holster out there??

I just checked Seidio's website, and they have 3 that are "coming soon". I am currently using Seidio/holster with my Tour and it has been pretty good so far considering I work construction. I was originally going to get the Defender since I had it with the Pearl, but it sounds as though Otterbox has dropped the ball for this phone.
    09-20-11 03:41 PM
    Defender is a beast!

I don't mind the extra protection, but the skin on the case coming loose is an issue for me.

Still working on my case review, but I am not liking it as much as one should.
    09-20-11 04:50 PM
    Defender is a beast!

I don't mind the extra protection, but the skin on the case coming loose is an issue for me.

I'm curious if the skin is coming off because they are clipping the phone in the other way. Stupid question I know, but the phones back should face out. I can't see how the skin could come loose. Of course I do not have this particular otterbox, as the one for my Pearl worked great.

Is it that much tighter??
    09-20-11 04:53 PM
    Defender is a beast!

I love Defender's but this new one for 9930 just isn't designed well. I've already emailed Otterbox about it. But I'm sure the tooling is done and they won't change it. But I hope I'm wrong. OK, hopefully Seidio's is good whenever it comes out.
    09-20-11 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD