Hey gang,
    I'm looking for a quality Magic: The Gathering app for the Playbook. It kills me that all my friends sit around the table with thier freakin' Decepticons & iPads with that awesome MtG app and I've got squat for my Playbook.

Is there something out there for us BB guys? I found this one - https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ayBook&lang=en - But if you compare it to - https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result - There's no real comparison.

Is there anything other than the one single app out there for us? Anyone interested in creating this app or something similar to it?
    09-19-11 10:36 AM
    Also, check this app out - https://market.android.com/details?i...iceguide&hl=en - This one is a MUST for us MtG players and I'm gettin' killed in my group for not being able to access this since I'm a BB guy.

We need some freakin' love too!
    09-19-11 10:38 AM
    I agree! I had this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab, and I'd love it on my PlayBook!
    09-19-11 01:15 PM
    Would be nice if the card company just made a game app.

Perhaps it could start selling the cards with serial numbers that could only be used once, lol... (alot of numbers ). To be inputed into the app/game.
    Then the card game could simply be played with 2 players or more via wifi and such. Would auto calculate the games content and what not.
    Perhaps you could pay extra fees or just play the game to get certain or more cards.

Sorry... I like thinking out loud. Oh and I've seen this game before, mind briefing me in on the main point of the game?
    Reminds me of those pokeman/Yu-Ge-Yu (something) cards...
    09-19-11 03:03 PM
    I'd rather see Wizwar!
    09-19-11 03:14 PM
    If you're willing to pay for the Android app you could always try using it with the Android player

Edit: nm it's free, try it out
    09-25-11 06:55 PM
    If you're willing to pay for the Android app you could always try using it with the Android player

Edit: nm it's free, try it out
    Only problem there is that the Droid Player was disabled in the last OS upgrade.

. . . mind briefing me in on the main point of the game?
    Reminds me of those pokeman/Yu-Ge-Yu (something) cards...
    The idea is similar to those "Poke-a-man/You-Gay-Hoe" card games, but as the original it is still the best and the only one worth playing. Basically, the point is to defeat your opponent. The premise is that you are a "Wizard" (hence the creating company - "Wizards of the Coast) and the cards represent "your spells" that you cast to defeat your opponent in a mage war. Simple enough, right?
    09-26-11 11:01 AM
    Well, i remember a few years ago Wizards of the Coast had an online version on their website. It was a web version on the DL game, i dont know if it still exists or if it's still up. That would be the closest/best thing i could think of for MtG on the Playbook.
    09-26-11 11:10 AM
    Well, i remember a few years ago Wizards of the Coast had an online version on their website. It was a web version on the DL game, i dont know if it still exists or if it's still up. That would be the closest/best thing i could think of for MtG on the Playbook.
    Yes they do, sort of. They have what they call "Magic: Online". It is a stand-alone game, not a web app or browser based game. So you're talking about programming it for the different OS, like porting it to Xbox or something.

My beef with the online version is that in my opinion, any dice rolls or card draws done via a computer are not as "random" as they should be. I don't use dice roller apps or anything like that for that same reason, they just feel like they aren't as random if that makes any sense.

All I'm looking for is an app like the ones I posted the links to. Just to track score and all the card values for trading and deck creators and all that stuff that those apps have that come in handy when you are at a tournament. Not actually looking to play the game on my Playbook.

edit - Oh yea, the other problem with the "online" version is that you have to invest more money to buy the "online" cards since they are separate from your physical collection. Now you're investing twice the amount of money in it.
    09-26-11 11:19 AM
    Ok, gonna bump this one again and also point out that I did find this app -https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/34307 - in the app store. I think we are getting there, so if the developer is reading this, thank you and keep working! I'd like to see the addition of a tracker for your mana pool (some times you add tons of mana to the pool in a single turn in order to play HUGE spells) and a tracker for current spell count (some decks run cards that copy itself for each spell played before it and you need to track how many spells you played in a single turn).

Seriously though, it is very nice to see this app! Thank you dev for this one!
    12-18-11 07:34 PM
    Gonna bump this again in the hopes that it gets polished some more. I know the Droid player is "coming soon" but I'd rather have native apps.
    01-09-12 01:42 PM
    Gonna give this another bump. Still using the app I listed above in my tournament and casual play but would love to see some more improvements as I mentioned. Let's keep it going!
    02-01-12 11:45 AM
    It was mentioned earlier but have you tried converting the Android app to a PlayBook app and testing on the 2.0 Beta? You could even try requesting it here.

That seems like the way to go.
    02-01-12 01:04 PM
    Yea, I know that seems like the way to go. But I am not interested in going oS2.0Beta. At this point, it would make more sense to just wait a few more weeks for the release of 2.0 and run the 'Droid app then rather than going oS2.0Beta now.

But in reality, I'd rather have a native PlayBook app. I'm a PlayBook user, not a 'Droid or iPad user. Native is the way for me, then if it can't be found I'll look elsewhere. Honestly, the app in my previous post (above) is a solid app and I use it every week, it just needs a few more additions/tweaks to really have everything I need. The extra stuff that the 'Droid app has is, well, just that. . . extra. It would be nice, but not a must have.

In my mind, this thread has had close to 1000 views, that tells me I'm not alone in wanting/needing this.
    02-01-12 01:26 PM
    Needed another bump. Was getting too far from first page.
    02-03-12 11:37 AM
    the single app is the better one
    05-14-12 01:10 AM
    I know this is an old thread, but just letting you know, MTG Tracker has just been published for the Playbook
    12-07-12 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD