Hello there,
    please, how can i setup a specific IMAP email account?
    i can�t enter on email setup on the BB. It does nothing.
    I�ve create all my other accounts through the provider website. But it doesn�t give me the choice to configure the IMAP account with my details, port number, etc.
    How can i configure that? i remember on old equipments, that i can choose between POP or IMAP.
    09-19-11 06:57 AM
    09-19-11 07:46 AM
    The problem is, i can�t enter on the emails settings setup on the BB. It does nothing when i click.
    09-19-11 08:13 AM
    OK, i just did it.
    But i can�t acess the diferent email folders, beside the one call inbox.
    any help pls?
    09-19-11 09:04 AM
    You can't access IMAP folders on a BlackBerry using the native e-mail client. However, you might want to check out LogicMail.
    09-19-11 09:33 AM
    You can't access IMAP folders on a BlackBerry using the native e-mail client. However, you might want to check out LogicMail.
    I am not quite surewhat you mean by not being able to set up an IMAP account for email using your native email program... Sure you can if you choose to use gmail which many people do.

All you have to do is go to Google and setup a gmial account and pay specific attention to the settings so that when you get to that point you choose IMAP and not POP seetings. Gmail will do the rest.

After that simply go to BIS on the internet from your carrier, if you don't know it call them and ask them how to get to it or just set it up from your Blackberry through setup and if you have done it right through BIS or setup you will receive an email telling you that you have set up your email and it you have been registered andthat should do it. You will then have a gmail IMAP email. i have had mine for 4 years and just set it up on my new 9930 with no problem at all.

PS I will admit you cannot see any folders true but there are options for you under the BB menu key as well as email settings on your BB that will help you with what I am sure will help you.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-19-11 at 01:30 PM.
    09-19-11 12:57 PM
    What in the world are you going on about? The OP wants to see IMAP folders beyond the inbox. I responded (correctly) that he won't be able to see those folders on the BlackBerry using the native e-mail client. That's why I suggested LogicMail.

I never said anything about not being able to setup an IMAP account on the BlackBerry. Did you even read what I wrote?
    09-19-11 01:27 PM
    What in the world are you going on about? The OP wants to see IMAP folders beyond the inbox. I responded (correctly) that he won't be able to see those folders on the BlackBerry using the native e-mail client. That's why I suggested LogicMail.

I never said anything about not being able to setup an IMAP account on the BlackBerry. Did you even read what I wrote?
    And I also placed in a PS and agreed with you thank you very much.
    09-19-11 01:29 PM
    I think ifarlow is correct, LogicMail is the way to go
    09-19-11 04:41 PM
    I have a similar problem. I have my hotmail set up so i receive my emails from hotmail to my BB. But only the ones that go to inbox, the mail that goes to other folders doesn't come to my BB and i have to access hotmail in order to check that mail which beats the point. I've looked through the option on my BB 9900 and no luck :S any suggestions/solutions? thanks!
    09-19-11 07:39 PM
    Did you see the part where I recommended LogicMail?
    09-20-11 05:44 AM
    OK, many thanks.
    i�ll try logicmail

thanks
    09-20-11 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD