BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1672 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1672
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.353
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.544
    File name: 9810AllLang_PBr7.0.0_rel1672_PL5.0.0.544_A7.0.0.35 3_O2_UK.exe
    File size: 229.24MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    from BlackBerry Servers

or

from FileServe

Instructions for installing on the 9810:
    1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file there (even if you've deleted or think you've deleted it in the folder previously) and voila, it will allow you to update to the newly installed OS!
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process may take up to 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a black "BlackBerry" screen with a status bar for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again, and it should load the OS to the device.
    Last edited by rroyy; 09-19-11 at 07:50 AM.
    09-19-11 06:27 AM
    comes with Chinese support? thanks.
    09-19-11 06:54 AM

He wouldn't know.
    09-19-11 07:10 AM
    File name says all languages if that helps.
    09-19-11 07:16 AM
    So is there anyway that the 9800 Torch will be able to handle the new OS?
    09-19-11 08:33 AM
    So is there anyway that the 9800 Torch will be able to handle the new OS?
    .....NO....
    Fort Neyland likes this.
    09-19-11 08:35 AM
    having nothing but random reboots on my 9810 with the AT&T Official OS..
    hope this OS fixes that issue, else I may need to get a replacement (and go through the process of re-registreing my BB PIN with all the apps I own)

Downloaded the OS, installed it, deleted the Vendor.xml file

Still can't install it to my BB 9810.. desktop manager and loader.exe can't find any updated OS's on the PC.. I see the files for 9810 in C:\program files\common files\Research in Motion\Loader Files

Rebooted the PC as well.. .

any ideas ?
    Last edited by batrad; 09-19-11 at 09:47 AM.
    09-19-11 09:25 AM
    hope this OS fixes that issue, else I may need to get a replacement (and go through the process of re-registreing my BB PIN with all the apps I own)

Still can't install it to my BB 9810.. desktop manager and loader.exe can't find any updated OS's on the PC.. I see the files for 9810 in C:\program files\common files\Research in Motion\Loader Files

any ideas ?
    Upgrade to the latest DTS (v.6.1) -- anything earlier creates problems ID'ing OS updates.
    09-19-11 10:00 AM
    Upgrade to the latest DTS (v.6.1) -- anything earlier creates problems ID'ing OS updates.
    I have the latest Desktop

Found another copy of Vendor.xml under
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

deleted it and am back in business..

thanks
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    09-19-11 10:06 AM
    Can't find the second loader xml and app loader exe won't detect my device...

Nevermind, got it to load through desktop manager after installing it twice. Still never saw the second loader file but it installed okay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SC457; 09-19-11 at 01:41 PM.
    09-19-11 12:41 PM
    any ideas ?
    I had the random rebooting. Called AT&T CS, talked to tech support, they said the rebooting wasn't normal, authorized replacement. Even called one of the local stores to be sure they had the 9810 in stock to do a swap. The new one hasn't rebooted once in the two weeks I've had it. Except if I did a reboot required after an install.
    09-19-11 02:14 PM
    Anyone have any new findings yet? Any changes?

09-19-11 02:41 PM
    Anyone have any new findings yet? Any changes?

Can't see much of a difference so far but didn't have any problems with .261 anyway. These updates seems less important sinec the OS7 devices have the speed and memory OS5 and OS6 lacked.

09-19-11 04:21 PM
    Still, I'm very tempted to try it. Will probably install as soon as I have some free time...

09-19-11 04:28 PM
    Installed 2 hours ago. No noticable changes yet. My battery life has been mediocre with .261, will update when I know if theres been anything worth posting about.
    project_x likes this.
    09-19-11 04:52 PM
    Still, I'm very tempted to try it. Will probably install as soon as I have some free time...

Pretty much the reason I did it, might as well have the latest software. Seems maybe it's a little snappier the more I use it. Opens the apps really quick.

09-19-11 04:52 PM

any ideas ?
    I typically disable my connection to the Internet before I even begin the process of deleting the vendor.xml file and attaching my phone via BlackBerry Desktop.

I have encountered cases where the BB Desktop software, still knowing that my device is an AT&T device (for example), goes out to the Internet to see if my handset is already running the latest version. If it successfully determines that I am running the latest version it will not allow me to upgrade, even though I deleted the vendor.xml file!

So now I always disable my Internet connection until the point at which the new OS install kicks off. Then I will re-enable the Internet connection so I have something to keep me occupied until the process is complete.

Since you've already hit the brick-wall that I am very well familiar with, I would suggest uninstalling the new software package and BB Desktop, then reinstalling BB Desktop, reinstall the device software, delete the vendor.xml file, disable your Internet connection, then connect your device.

Voila! That should get you going!!! GOOD LUCK!
    09-19-11 06:42 PM
    still nothing really noticeable. The internet feels a little faster, but i'm prolly just imagining it. Heavy use I'm still creeping close to 10% an hour(tks meterberry). Wikitude definitely loaded quicker and the interface was a little smoother. That was the most noticeable thing so far. BB Maps seemed a little snappier too. 6s to gps fix was nice. maybe just got lucky.

Overall pretty much the same experience. I need more battery life tho.... Or maybe I have to invest in a new fs1, already sold off my 9800. Although all said and done, only lost like 5 hours with double the hardware
    09-19-11 07:18 PM
    My battery life is much improved since I ditched Liveprofile and Foursquare! Heavy user and I make it through the day now, no problem.

09-19-11 07:29 PM
    Will this work with my Bell BlackBerry Torch 9810?
    09-19-11 10:20 PM
    Will this work with my Bell BlackBerry Torch 9810?
    Yes! Read older posts on how to get it to work and how to install if you never have used a non carrier or leaked OS on your BlackBerry.

Also having issues installing this one. After deleting the vender.xml file and trying to install via apploader it just went to my installed apps and asked what I wanted to delete or add. After clicking next it said it was done. Try a restart of the phone and my PC still nothing...am I missing something that I haven't done the countless number of times I have done this before??
    Last edited by rjkolo; 09-20-11 at 12:02 AM.
    09-19-11 10:41 PM
    Yes! Read older posts on how to get it to work and how to install if you never have used a non carrier or leaked OS on your BlackBerry.

Also having issues installing this one. After deleting the vender.xml file and trying to install via apploader it just went to my installed apps and asked what I wanted to delete or add. After clicking next it said it was done. Try a restart of the phone and my PC still nothing...am I missing something that I haven't done the countless number of times I have done this before??
    Do a complete search of your hard drive and make sure you have show hidden files/folders selected as well. I had the same problem and I found out that there were two vendor.xhtml files on my hard drive.
    09-20-11 05:21 AM
    Weird how a new OS is released by O2 UK when they haven't even started selling the device yet.
    09-20-11 11:26 AM
    I installed this morning - haven't noticed anything yet!

I previously sometimes had problems with my phone not wanting to sync. Hopefully that is fixed now.

09-20-11 04:26 PM
    Today was quite a bit better. After unplugging at 10am I have averaged 4.5% an hour for 11 hours with moderate usage and bluetooth on for 5 hours or so. This seems to be a vast improvement over my previous 14-16 hour days... we'll see if it lasts or if my bb was teasing me(It does, seriously).
    09-20-11 08:02 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD