The awesome devs over at HotGen have confirmed to me that they will be bringing their very popular game, Tofu, to the Playbook!

HotGen already has one game in App World called 'Spacelings' and it is awesome too. Their games are definitely 'native' and not flash based. So gameplay is butter. I noticed a problem with Spacelings draining my RAM (which is why I contacted them) and they were prompt to respond and are looking into it. If you keep a check on ur free memory occasionally and just close the app when memory gets low, QNX will recover the memory and u can just open up the app again and start playing. That's just a temporary solution I wanted to share while the devs work on it.

Anyway get excited! Buy the game when it comes out, and show these developers we are hungry for good apps/games!

Itunes link for more info about the game: (will change to AppWorld link when it becomes available)
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/58469

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sf18443; 09-23-11 at 08:47 PM.
    09-19-11 02:43 AM
    So we can sell native apps now? Or need special permission?
    09-19-11 03:45 AM
    Lol, you beat me to the punch! I just bought Spacelings and was about to make a thread on how interesting the development was, atleast compared to some others.
    ToFu looks interesting enough for me to purchase as well.

I wish the developers would take the full advantage of QNX functions, such as app options with sliding from the top down. Anyways, haven't finished Spacelings yet, but satisfied so far.
    09-19-11 05:16 AM
    Lol, you beat me to the punch! I just bought Spacelings and was about to make a thread on how interesting the development was, atleast compared to some others.
    ToFu looks interesting enough for me to purchase as well.

I wish the developers would take the full advantage of QNX functions, such as app options with sliding from the top down. Anyways, haven't finished Spacelings yet, but satisfied so far.
    I assume they used the Marmalade SDK to port this game, rather than the Beta NDK from RIM, But I am not 100% sure on that.

09-19-11 10:10 AM
    Yes I believe they are using the Marmalade SDK. They posted on the Marmalade developer forums about it. Some nice games coming out via that SDK with better performance than the Air apps as far as I can tell.
    09-19-11 09:50 PM
    ToFu is now available in App World for 2.99$.
    09-22-11 06:16 AM
    Thanks for update!
    09-22-11 08:33 AM
    I will be downloading as soon as I get home!
    09-22-11 09:25 AM
    Downloaded it this morning and i am loving it. one of the few really impressive games on the PlayBook
    09-22-11 09:45 PM
    Downloaded it yesterday...really awesome to play...love how Tofu looks when stretched!
    09-23-11 06:49 AM
    Just bought it last night.

Awesome game. Controls great and the graphics look neat. Keep up the good work HotGen!
    09-23-11 11:11 AM
    I have to say ToFu ROCKS! Charm, fun game mechanics, challenge, and good reasons to play a level multiple times. Only on level 36 and its a blast.
    09-23-11 08:41 PM
    Really fun game and the devs behind it are awesome. I have been in contact with them several times over the last couple weeks and they are great! Spacelings is fun too.

09-23-11 08:49 PM
    Just bought Tofu and Spacelings to keep me occupied on a trans-Atlantic flight tomorrow. Both look like they will keep me amused for a few hours.
    09-24-11 05:03 AM
    bought it. no regrets. fun game.
    09-25-11 12:52 AM
    Got this game and loving it. Worth every single penny.
    10-21-11 09:35 PM
    You guys probably already know, but there's an update going on to 1.8. I don't really notice much, just minor things.
    They fixed the rope, in the level selection screen. The Dojo no longer makes the room shake, when bouncing. Mainly all I notice so far atleast.
    10-27-11 03:04 AM
    Tofu 2 just came out today! I haven't even finished 1 yet! bahhh
    10-27-11 05:25 AM
    ... Omg, you really upseted menwith that news... well I got the new one, and yes I haven't finished the old one yet either. Glad they supported us right away, but mah.
    I'm sure it will only add more fun with my original version, but this is why I haven't gotten Modern Warfare 2. I'm waiting for Call of Duty, but mainly Modern Combat 3.
    10-27-11 11:42 AM
    I know what ya mean. When the first batch of gameloft games were released I went and got them all, then not too long after, more came out. Now I'm thinkin I shouldn't be hasty because another game I would like even more may come out. I've only got a 16 gig pb, I won't be able to fit all the games if I keep impulse buying every new cool high end game that pops up on app world.

10-27-11 10:05 PM
    I got almost giddy when I saw Tofu2 came out.... actually I did, swore up a storm excitedly lol. I love the original and loving this one as well, probably my favorite game on PB until Cut The Rope becomes available, I'm guessing 2 years down the line.
    10-27-11 10:47 PM
    Got this yesterday, really great game. Worth the $1.99 for sure.

Anyone know how to finish level 14 in 6 pings?
    10-28-11 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD