Well hereing,and reading all this business news regarding rim,who out there is still going to stay with blackberry?also are big important companies going to drop blackberry,and go with lol iphone ios5?????
    09-18-11 12:15 PM
    Well hereing,and reading all this business news regarding rim,who out there is still going to stay with blackberry?also are big important companies going to drop blackberry,and go with lol iphone ios5?????
    Personally I am sticking with BlackBerry
    And corporately we are investing in a custom Blackberry Application so I'd say we are not looking to leave BlackBerry any time soon.

I suspect that businesses that provide devices to their staff will continue to offer BlackBerry's. BYOD firms will adopt a more open stance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 12:21 PM
    I won't switch, but if RIM dies I will have no choice! However if I had to jump ship, I'd go for WP7.

Please Mike and Jim!!! Don't let RIM disappear!!!
    09-18-11 12:25 PM
    I'm not going anywhere, I just bought another BB yesterday!
    09-18-11 12:29 PM
    Staying.

My personal opinion is when you start to see the first large corporate data breaches from companies allowing personal phones in, you'll see people turn to RIM. Right now it's all good and fine until -- . I run a network and I'd no sooner let employees bring in their infested PCs than I'd eat glass. We are in the early stages with phones. Think.. the launch of Windows 95.

Give it a couple of years.
    09-18-11 12:35 PM
    I'll go somewhere else when there's something else better. So, no, I'm not going anywhere, at least not for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 12:52 PM
    I'm giving RIM another chance. I have an Android now. Probably get the 9930 in January when the glitches are worked out.

If I like, I'll stay and try QNX. If not, back to Android and HTC. I like Android overall.
    09-18-11 12:52 PM
    I'm going to stay with blackberry until qnx phones take over. Personally I'm not a fan of qnx. I love the os5, os6, and os7 style. And it will be sad to see it go.

09-18-11 12:57 PM
    I'm giving RIM another chance. I have an Android now. Probably get the 9930 in January when the glitches are worked out.

If I like, I'll stay and try QNX. If not, back to Android and HTC. I like Android overall.
    Yes I like Android. I like iOS. I like WP7. Just not as much for my needs as BBOS. If I drove all the time for work and needed the top nav app -- Android hands down. If I was more into media and games I'd consider and iPhone. If I thought I'd want the very closest possible tie ins to MS Office/xBox and Windows Live services I would probably get a WP7 device.

But all I do is message, browse and use apps that are available to all platforms. And I like typing on "clicky" keys. Lol.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-11 12:58 PM
    As long as Rim continues to offer candy bar phones with physical keyboards I will stay with blackberry.
    09-18-11 01:06 PM
    My BB experience began with a Curve 8900, followed by a Tour 9630, then a Bold 9000, and a Bold 9700, and finally a Torch 9800. I've only recently tried my hand with an Iphone 4 and, while I enjoyed the experience, it was no Blackberry. I swapped that iphone for the Bold 9930 and am happier than ever.

Safe to say I will be sticking with Blackberry.

09-18-11 03:36 PM

Yeah but you don't know how the mobile version of QNX is going to look like. I'm pretty sure they're going to try to make it some what have the BBOS feel to it.

09-18-11 03:59 PM
    BlackBerry forever!!
    09-18-11 04:11 PM
    Good thing the quake wasn't during the BBM outage!

09-18-11 05:58 PM
    I for one don't plan on leaving anytime soon, my 9650 does exactly what I bought the phone for...make phone calls, manage all my contacts and email, nothing out there does it better for me !

09-18-11 08:26 PM
    I stay at BB until they unplug there network.
    I'm a die hard BB fan.
    Never have problems with it.

Enjoy DelftEo

09-18-11 09:31 PM
    The only experience that comes remotely close to a Blackberry is the e71-73 series from Nokia. Even then, only the keyboard came close to emulating a Blackberry. It used to have a push email feature (not sure if it still does since Nokia sold their push technology) and it had excellent Microsoft Exchange compatibility. There is a new one, the E6, but it has been getting medicore reviews.
    09-18-11 10:02 PM
    Good thing the quake wasn't during the BBM outage!

Ha ha...

Still keeping my eye on RIM. Not satisfied with the current slate, but I am an optimist. Plus, everyone here is swearing by the yet-unseen QNX, so I am eager to see what RIM pulls off.
    09-18-11 10:09 PM
    Ha ha...

Still keeping my eye on RIM. Not satisfied with the current slate, but I am an optimist. Plus, everyone here is swearing by the yet-unseen QNX, so I am eager to see what RIM pulls off.
    I'm swearing by OS7.

QNX is probably 1 year away for ME to have on a device since I will be waiting for a Bold 9900 replacement device.
    09-18-11 10:37 PM
    I will stay with RIM.
    09-19-11 12:40 AM
    Staying! Just the upgrade my 9700 to 9900, best BB hands down and once the QNX comes out, I will not hesitate.

Last edited by maam; 09-19-11 at 12:58 AM.
    09-19-11 12:55 AM
    I just got the 9930. I'm not going anywhere!!
    09-19-11 11:06 AM
    "business news regarding rim"

RIM posted $419 million net income for the quarter and increased subscribers to 70 million. Sales were at the lower end of guidance. For any other company that would have been fantastic. For RIM it just means they're doing ok (though many financial analysts wouldn't say that - there's a faint smell of Apple on the wind).

The negativity arose from their sales being down on previous quarters. But bearing in mind they hadn't released a new phone for a year this is hardly a surprise.

Problem is there are still a lot of people buying RIM on a whim hoping to cash in. This is dumb. They are simply providing the short sellers with vast profits. Unless you're a speculator who knows what they're doing RIM is a stock that should be avoided (as should any mobile tech company - altogether too volatile).

BlackBerrys are still the most secure and efficient way to communicate via a PDA. As long as that remains true the company will be ok. In other words, you can safely ignore the stock price.
    09-19-11 11:33 AM
    "business news regarding rim"

RIM posted $419 million net income for the quarter and increased subscribers to 70 million. Sales were at the lower end of guidance. For any other company that would have been fantastic. For RIM it just means they're doing ok (though many financial analysts wouldn't say that - there's a faint smell of Apple on the wind).

The negativity arose from their sales being down on previous quarters. But bearing in mind they hadn't released a new phone for a year this is hardly a surprise.

Problem is there are still a lot of people buying RIM on a whim hoping to cash in. This is dumb. They are simply providing the short sellers with vast profits. Unless you're a speculator who knows what they're doing RIM is a stock that should be avoided (as should any mobile tech company - altogether too volatile).

BlackBerrys are still the most secure and efficient way to communicate via a PDA. As long as that remains true the company will be ok. In other words, you can safely ignore the stock price.
    BBs are not PDA's. They died when RIM invented the smartphone

Remember you get what you pay for. Free investing advice is one of them.
    In the stock market there is a buyer for every seller. Short sellers borrow stock from owners of stock to make the trade. Something to think about
    09-19-11 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the correction. I go back as far as PDAs (further to be honest) and occasionally slip into using the term.

I hope you'll forgive me for pointing this out, but you just delivered a certain amount of free advice yourself.

"In the stock market there is a buyer for every seller"

Sometimes a stock is so bad no one will buy.
    09-19-11 12:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD