Hey all!! I know this is not the place to write this question, but I was hoping someone could guide me to an existing thread coz I've looked but didn't get the answer. Maybe I didn't look thorough enough, but I got tired to be honest.

My question is : is there any way to get Skype to work on my 9900 ? I tried their site but it said that it's not available for my phone .. However, Verizon guys are using it !! So is there any light at the end of the tunnel which can give me some hope that Skype will be available to my Phone and to use it in Bahrain?

Thanx in advance guys !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 11:11 AM
    Hey all!! I know this is not the place to write this question, but I was hoping someone could guide me to an existing thread coz I've looked but didn't get the answer. Maybe I didn't look thorough enough, but I got tired to be honest.

My question is : is there any way to get Skype to work on my 9900 ? I tried their site but it said that it's not available for my phone .. However, Verizon guys are using it !! So is there any light at the end of the tunnel which can give me some hope that Skype will be available to my Phone and to use it in Bahrain?

Thanx in advance guys !!

Skype is exclusive to VZW right now so you can only hope and wait to see if any other carrier gets with Skype to release it eventually.
    09-18-11 11:15 AM
    Skype is exclusive to VZW right now so you can only hope and wait to see if any other carrier gets with Skype to release it eventually.
    It is out on Telus Mobility Canada but you have to pay to make calls between Skypes. It is cheaper than the mobile mins on long distance, but I think it defeat the purpose of the Skype all together.
    09-18-11 11:21 AM
    Bummer .. Not fair :\ .. Android users have it and use it , so do iPhone users. But I refuse to get any other phone that a BlackBerry :P.

It would really be great if it was available for  though

09-18-11 11:22 AM
    It is out on Telus Mobility Canada but you have to pay to make calls between Skypes. It is cheaper than the mobile mins on long distance, but I think it defeat the purpose of the Skype all together.
    Where is the link to download it? I'm on Telus and have a Bold 9900.
    09-18-11 11:57 AM
    Where is the link to download it? I'm on Telus and have a Bold 9900.
    At this time it is only available for Android and iPhone through Telus. No BlackBerry love just yet.
    09-18-11 12:11 PM
    well they kinda charge u for data usage - which im sure its pretty high if u use skype so technically its almost evens out to just making the long distance call normally
    09-18-11 04:04 PM
    well they kinda charge u for data usage - which im sure its pretty high if u use skype so technically its almost evens out to just making the long distance call normally

You could also use Im+ Talk which is a skype app... in call back mode it use your skype minutes/subscription.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 04:31 PM
    I understand its exclusive for VZW ...but why does the rest of us outside of USA have to suffer too :/
    09-18-11 05:00 PM
    I understand its exclusive for VZW ...but why does the rest of us outside of USA have to suffer too :/
    Complain to Skype.
    09-18-11 07:12 PM
    Bummer .. Not fair :\ .. Android users have it and use it , so do iPhone users. But I refuse to get any other phone that a BlackBerry :P.

It would really be great if it was available for  though

Ahmed, try google voice, i call Egypt all the time using that!!
    09-19-11 12:58 PM
    Ahmed, try google voice, i call Egypt all the time using that!!
    is it for free? .. I mean are the calls free of charge?
    09-24-11 12:19 PM
    AFAIK Google voice for Blackberry is not a voip solution (unlike the iphone & android apps), so you may end up using your minutes
    GV is free for calling in north america, but for other countries the rates are pretty reasonable
    I'm also searching for a good voip app for BB, no luck so far. Skype would have been perfect. Maybe with the QNX OS we'll have some luck
    09-24-11 02:32 PM
    Verizon had it as exclusive, so there's no hope any time soon

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Ahmed G. likes this.
    09-24-11 03:22 PM
    Dang it all.........I am not giving up my bb9900....but would love Skype.
    11-07-11 01:49 PM
    Sup guys...

I have an unlocked 9930, using it in the Bahamas on my local GSM network, can I still download and use Skype on my Verizon device?
    11-07-11 04:09 PM
    No. Because the Verizon Skype application only works in US and while on the Verizon network.
    11-07-11 04:55 PM
    You can use the instant messaging component of skype, at least, using imo or im+. It at least allows you to know who's online so you can arrange to call them later or get to a computer if you're home. It's not ideal at all, but it does allow me to turn my computer off during the day when I'm not using it, and not have to worry about missing someone who wants to talk.
    11-08-11 03:15 AM
    I have a blackberry bold 9930 on Verizon service. I can't seem to get Skype on it either. After I download Skype, a message pops up saying I need a Telkomsel sim to operate skype. How do i get that? But doesn't Skype work on other backberries....so confusing. Will a verizon skype application work on this phone?
    03-20-12 02:18 PM
    Are on the Verizon network in the United States?

If so, it should work.

If you are not in the US, then it will not work. Unless you are on Telkomsel in Indonesia or on the 3 network in the UK.
    03-20-12 05:18 PM
    Are on the Verizon network in the United States?

If so, it should work.

If you are not in the US, then it will not work. Unless you are on Telkomsel in Indonesia or on the 3 network in the UK.
    I'm having the same message pop up on my verizon 9930. Once I click ok it closes the app.
    03-21-12 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD