there are PLENTY of apps that some of us love and used in OS6 that were sad to find out would not work with our new OS7 devices... except some do!

i've collected a hand full of apps that were supposedly not compatible (according to bb app world) by downloading them directly from the vendors or even the actual blackberry world website via a computer...

*Grindr
    *Shazam (regular)

are two that i got... i can't remember any others as they are slowly week by week becoming available. but for those who cannot wait on their favorite apps, everyone list 1 or 2 or a few that you downloaded by other means...
    09-17-11 08:11 PM
    09-17-11 08:25 PM
    ^BerryBuzz works fine through AppWorld...

Kindle didn't work for me, although it seems to have worked for some people...
    09-18-11 12:16 AM
    Remember to also check the CB Superstore, which is the same thing as Mobihand. If you downlad the CB Superstore app, it will only show apps that work for your device & OS.
    09-18-11 11:46 AM
    there are PLENTY of apps that some of us love and used in OS6 that were sad to find out would not work with our new OS7 devices... except some do!

i've collected a hand full of apps that were supposedly not compatible (according to bb app world) by downloading them directly from the vendors or even the actual blackberry world website via a computer...

*Grindr
    *Shazam (regular)

are two that i got... i can't remember any others as they are slowly week by week becoming available. but for those who cannot wait on their favorite apps, everyone list 1 or 2 or a few that you downloaded by other means...
    Can you please share where you downloaded Shazzam from??? I am on a 9850 and getjar doesn't reconize me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 12:05 PM
    I have emailed Shazam support and the only answer that I keep getting back is that they are working on a version for each OS 7 BB device. Still no definite answers. If more people would contact them, then we might get some movement.
    09-18-11 12:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...03/index2.html

This is a link that was for the 9810 but might also apply to other OS7 devices.
    09-18-11 12:30 PM
    What is shazam? I've heard the name and always wondered what it is.

09-18-11 04:29 PM
    Shazam is an app that helps identify a song by "lstening".

09-18-11 04:47 PM
    police radio scanner is not working
    09-18-11 09:27 PM
    Shazam is an app that helps identify a song by "lstening".

Ok, cool....thanks!

09-19-11 06:09 AM
    RIM managment need to all be FIRED, morons can't even get important basic apps to work on OS7... what a horrible managment team they have...no app development, nothing...they keep losing people to the iphone simply because of this!!!
    09-25-11 01:14 PM
    tweetcaster i dont think is on app world but it works
    09-25-11 01:16 PM
    RIM managment need to all be FIRED, morons can't even get important basic apps to work on OS7... what a horrible managment team they have...no app development, nothing...they keep losing people to the iphone simply because of this!!!
    absolutely true.

The device is awesome (lucky I got a good mexican...) and even with the not very good decision of reducing the battery size I can deal. (even if the 20% would be sometimes nice)

But I am missing apps. I don't need games. I don't need totally fency apps. But I am missing apps for things like data usage monitoring, SIP, Skype, Hotspot. If there are such apps, it's hard to figuring out if the apps working good or poor and of course BB-Apps are not cheap - I am already burned.

With my old OS5 device (9000) I could see ~15k apps in the store. With OS7 I could see ~6k (and no Themes?) as I had the 2.xx Appworld still installed. With the update to 3.xx I cannot longer see the total apps amount (at least they are not so stupid to let us see the poor total of apps ;( )

*Telmap Navigator* Beta5 working but not as good as the older Version on the Bold9000 ( 4.x) was supported and worked fine (for O2 Germany it's usually free - if supported)
    Last edited by boldkeyboardholic; 09-25-11 at 06:58 PM. Reason: because of complaining I forgot to write about the topic ;)
    09-25-11 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD