All the rumoured features that kb2755 spoke about are real for PlayBook v2.0, the PlayBook LTE version is also in testing right now. PlayBook OS v2.0 is slated for release next month (already hinted on by Jim Balsillie).

According to RIM employee I met with today...
    09-17-11 06:39 PM
    Cant wait to see the love
    Is there finger drag and drop photo organizing into folders? Better PDF viewer and "to go" stuff?
    09-17-11 06:41 PM
    Suggested to RIM employee that PlayBook users should have the ability to mirror what they see on their Blackberry's. He thought it was a nice idea, will share with QNX development team!
    ignites likes this.
    09-17-11 06:42 PM
    And you had to start a new thread with no new information instead of posting in the existing threads, why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 06:49 PM
    here we go AGAIN! everybody want to be in charge here!
    09-17-11 06:53 PM
    why would you listen to an employee while investors cannot even trust the CEO?

get the 3G radio version out soon!! why bother waiting??? this bridge development takes too long.
    brucep1 likes this.
    09-17-11 07:06 PM
    And you had to start a new thread with no new information instead of posting in the existing threads, why?

Well if only one person said it, like user kb(enter numbers here). And then someone else confirmed it from another source. It's more likely to be true.

So just take it as a confirmation.
    09-17-11 07:12 PM
    All the rumoured features that kb2755 spoke about are real for PlayBook v2.0, the PlayBook LTE version is also in testing right now. PlayBook OS v2.0 is slated for release next month (already hinted on by Jim Balsillie).

Good news for sure...thanks for sharing!
    09-17-11 07:17 PM
    Hmmm... I know the Rim team must feel a bit down. Kinda like a football team that got behing in the game. I sincerely hope they stick to it and keep working hard. I believe Rim can win this game. "Win" does not mean crush iPhone or crush droid but just resume user base growth, even a slight growth in the U.S. would be enough. Rim is growing very well overseas.
    I hope this posting is true because every team needs a little pick-me-up after a tough time. This should provide it.
    In so far as I have been able to see, Rim has always been an ethical company that does not engage in nefarious behavior like Apple or Microsoft. I think if the leaders were to end up being: Google, Rim, Apple, Microsoft then justice would be served.
    I'm a Blackberry user (frankly, I don't understand all these people that are not that keep posting critical stuff about Blackberry) but Google has done nothing unethical as far as I know so I also wish them well.
    09-17-11 07:49 PM
    Thanks for the verification. I'm still on a downer from the increased wait of these features, but luckily RIM is giving me plenty of time before the update and they say time heals all wounds.
    09-18-11 08:48 AM
    I agree that the team really could use a shot in the arm. I got a survey about the BB since I bought mine back in May and I made sure to separate out any criticism about the devs and the product quality from more senior management and spin doctors.

I know what it's like to get flack sometimes for something that's 7 Departments away that you have nothing to do with, but because you're with that Company/Division etc it's somehow down to you to be responsible or fix when talking to ppl on the outside.

I seriously hope that what's holding everything back is a bunch of NDAs with some key app developers and OS2 actually comes with some more "big name" apps from the devs and a Docs2Go upgrade. Now what I expect...well...I'd expect to see more tangible results than press releases between now and November. Christmas will be make or break on the consumer market.
    09-18-11 10:01 AM
    Thanks for the verification. I'm still on a downer from the increased wait of these features, but luckily RIM is giving me plenty of time before the update and they say time heals all wounds.
    Then you'd be all fixed up if OS2 comes in, say, about a year!
    09-18-11 10:03 AM
    What makes you think a RIM employee would risk their job to tell YOU job secrets? Did that individual know you were going to tattle tail?
    As far as what you say, you are just repeating stuff from other Crackberry posts.
    brucep1 likes this.
    09-18-11 10:32 AM
    I said it once, I'll say it again. I don't care when 2.0 gets here. Just GET IT RIGHT. By that I mean, it comes complete, and ready to go with no "Oh, that will be ready in a couple of months" tag lines. Take your time, and get it all right before you send it out to the masses.
    09-18-11 12:29 PM
    I said it once, I'll say it again. I don't care when 2.0 gets here. Just GET IT RIGHT. By that I mean, it comes complete, and ready to go with no "Oh, that will be ready in a couple of months" tag lines. Take your time, and get it all right before you send it out to the masses.
    Full release, with selected beta-testers (I can dream ), all-in-one smashing upgrade (not a deceptive update).
    This would be the proper solution, but must have to be at least 1 month b4 Papa No�l ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-18-11 at 12:45 PM.
    PondHockey likes this.
    09-18-11 12:43 PM
    To OP, next time you meet this guy again, can you please ask him of why RIM release this V1.0.7.2942, the so-called "Differential Updates" (that is supposedly will allows us to
    update only the sections of the BlackBerry Tablet OS that require updating and therefore should result in smaller download file sizes and faster updating), only to go to major update as OS2?

I'm really puzzled...
    09-18-11 12:44 PM
    To OP, next time you meet this guy again, can you please ask him of why RIM release this V1.0.7.2942, the so-called "Differential Updates" (that is supposedly will allows us to
    update only the sections of the BlackBerry Tablet OS that require updating and therefore should result in smaller download file sizes and faster updating), only to go to major update as OS2?

I'm really puzzled...
    Probably just to keep people satisfied for a while, to keep the faith, before the big 2.0...
    Not sure what's puzzling about it.

I often wonder if any RIM employees are actually Crackberry members or if they are not allowed. I mean why is it always "I went to lunch with.. so and so and here is what they said." - can't RIM just speak for themselves on here?

Will a RIM employee please stand up?

I understand NDAs and all but it seems the info just leaks out in this indirect manner...you would think they would prefer to control the rumors directly.

Strange stuff...but personally, I think it adds to the intrigue....keep 'em guessing and curious. Foaming over with anticipation.
    No "promises" or clues, no disappointments - obviously a hard learned new tack. ..Works for me!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-18-11 at 06:38 PM.
    09-18-11 06:30 PM
    Seems that is just what they are doing which is great. I wish more people could understand this. - better late than messed up.
    09-18-11 06:33 PM
    ^ This must be something new then, as they released the PB messed up. Learning 'curve' for some 'bold' decisions later on that will light the 'torch' for some decent PlayBook sales...

howarmat likes this.
    09-18-11 06:43 PM
    ^ This must be something new then, as they released the PB messed up. Learning 'curve' for some 'bold' decisions later on that will light the 'torch' for some decent PlayBook sales...

Providing they weather the 'storm'�
    howarmat likes this.
    09-18-11 06:47 PM

My playbook was never messed up. I still use it constantly after buying it on day one. Weird right?
    tstrike34 likes this.
    09-18-11 07:01 PM
    Interesting. Usually OP's of 'confidence' news like to give more information regarding our responses.This OP is quiet. .... ?????
    09-18-11 07:28 PM
    Hey Blackjack,

Former RIM employee here, but here is a little bit of info. We were always banned to visit sites like BGR, Crackberry etc from work or from our devices.

If someone did visit the site from their office pc, it would get logged almost instantly. I believe there are quite a few people from RIM on the site but won't really say much. RIM has invested a lot in their security department and those guys no there stuff.

When I left I was reminded of my NDA. I know of a few things but just don't say to much.
    09-18-11 07:49 PM
    Hey Blackjack,

Former RIM employee here, but here is a little bit of info. We were always banned to visit sites like BGR, Crackberry etc from work or from our devices.

If someone did visit the site from their office pc, it would get logged almost instantly. I believe there are quite a few people from RIM on the site but won't really say much. RIM has invested a lot in their security department and those guys no there stuff.

When I left I was reminded of my NDA. I know of a few things but just don't say to much.
    Agreed. Such NDAs are needed in order to protect the Intellectual Property and Business Intelligence of the Company. If there was something uber that can tip the shape of the tablet market, I would not want Apple, Samsung, etc. to know.

Thanks to the OP for the corroboration of earlier information about PB 2.0.

I have been using my PB from day 1 (April 19th) and it has been a force multiplier indeed. Great device and it will continue to grow. A mature PB will proliferate in the Corporate and Government sectors.
    09-18-11 09:10 PM

I'm really puzzled...
    What's puzzling? Version numbering is largely arbitrary. Could just as easily call the 2.0 release 1.0.7.3844 if they wanted. A differential update would still allow them to skip retransmitting the 100MB of common /bin, /lib, /sbin files which haven't changed.

If you've ever worked on large software releases, the work usually progresses on parallel development streams. The next stream is usually forked off where the previous release occurred. Or often they are branched ahead of a release in order to freeze features on the release branch. The fact that there was a second 1.0.7.x release would seem to indicate that a 1.0.9.x or 2.0.0.x release wasn't hardened sufficiently at the time that they wanted to push out certain features, so they released them as a backport to 1.0.7 instead. Common practice in s/w really.
    09-18-11 09:17 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD