Was slightly difficult to type at first but once i adjusted my setting, typing has been a breeze..I attached 2 images of my settings hope it helps
    09-17-11 04:26 PM
    I'll try anything to get better keyboard results. I hardly ever had a typo on the Storm 2 but I can't seem to write a single email without mistakes everywhere.
    09-17-11 08:01 PM
    I set my double tap interval to 250 and hover time to normal. The keypad setting is set to slow. The style is predictive.
    This seemed to help a lot. Coming from a Bold 9650, at times I do miss the keyboard, although the bigger screen is much better.
    09-23-11 08:54 AM
    I'm making a ton of errors on this thing. I didn't make hardly one on the storm 2.

The worst is when rather than a space I get a period. Like.this.for.example. So frustrating!!!

The auto correct is unreal inhow many times it picks the wrong word. It's like a 95% failure rate. Why is this so drastically different than the os on the storm 2?
    09-23-11 05:01 PM
    I'm making a ton of errors on this thing. I didn't make hardly one on the storm 2.

The auto correct is unreal inhow many times it picks the wrong word. It's like a 95% failure rate. Why is this so drastically different than the os on the storm 2?
    I agree. My S2 typing was blazing fast and without errors with the reduced keyboard. The 9850 needs to add grammar check to the OS so that it can make smarter suggestions. Some of the things it thinks I am typing are ridiculous, and with just a little awareness of the rest of the sentence, I don't think it would suggest what it does. That is my only complaint.
    09-23-11 05:52 PM
    has tbe typing problem with the torch been resolved?

i am thinking about an upgrade from a S2 which works well but is a little slow.
    09-26-11 07:55 PM
    There's not a problem with the keyboard. It's just an issue of bad typists that are slow to adjust to something a little different.
    09-27-11 07:52 AM
    There's not a problem with the keyboard. It's just an issue of bad typists that are slow to adjust to something a little different.
    lol, too funny! That made me laugh!

Anyway, as I posted in my "Dead Pixel" thread, I returned my phone for that reason and I swear I type a lot more accurately and faster with my new phone. My previous 9850 would type double letters and had to slow my typing. I swear it's a night/day difference!
    09-27-11 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD