Hello, I hope I'm putting this in the right forum.

I got my new 9900 yesterday (upgrading from 9700) and so far the experience has been excellent. However, I've been having a bit of a problem when it comes to setup.

When I've set up my first email account (hotmail), it went through without a problem. But with my second, gmail account, I've been having a few problems that has prevented me from using it. The first problem came when I tried to first enter the password. My gmail password involves spaces, and for some reason, the space bar doesn't work when entering the password. It works everywhere else (including my gmail password in the browser), but if the "show password" option is unchecked, the spacebar does nothing; if it's checked, then it acts as a period (unless I press shift... Then it's forward slash). I tried and retried to enter my gmail password into the email setup, but it wouldn't let me put in a space, and if I tried as if it would, then I would (naturally) get the following error:

Invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password. If the problem persists, contact gmail.com.

For some reason, the BB wouldn't allow me to enter my password, so I tried the next best thing: change my gmail password. I changed it to not have spaces, and I tried setting it up on the device again. Unfortunately, I get the same error regardless of how I enter my password. So now I've been unable to set up my gmail account on my BBB, and while I got to type out a long forum post on the phone, I am unable to receive emails from one of my main email accounts. I'm not sure if this has to do with the outage or something, but if anyone else has had this problem, and has solved it, I would really appreciate the help. All of this is on BIS btw, and I'm on the Virgin Mobile network, if that helps. Thanks in advance!
    09-17-11 02:55 PM
    I have many issues with the BIS gmail on my 9700 and eventually just stuck with the official gmail sync and gmail app. Whenever I synced with the BIS I got like 5x contacts and calendars..

just my 2 cents..
    09-17-11 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD