I just bought a charging dock for my phone and read somewhere that a lot people just simply put their phone on the charger nightly even when the phone has charge left in it just to top it off? What is the correct way of using my charging dock?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 08:46 AM
    I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't "overcharge" your battery, if that's what you're worried about. I have a charging dock as well, and even if im pretty close to 100% when i get ready to pass out i still throw it on the dock and have not had any issues with battery life. In fact this battery is pretty amazing.
    09-17-11 08:59 AM
    You can charge/discharge as you like. The newer lithium batteries do not retain a 'memory'. So, if you feel like charging at night so you have a full charge in the morning, that is fine.
    09-17-11 11:46 AM
    Lithium polymer batteries don't retain memory and don't trickle charge, so you can charge whenever you like without accelerated capacity loss or overcharging. If you ever notice your battery meter behaving weirdly (showing a percentage that you know to be incorrect), then run a full discharge/charge cycle to recalibrate the sensor. So far I have not needed to do this with a BlackBerry battery.
    09-17-11 01:24 PM
    Awesome - thanx everyone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD