View Poll Results: Are you happy and patient with your Playbook AS IS?

Voters
594. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love my Playbook, happy with the purchase, patiently waiting for more.

445 74.92%
  • This thing is worthless wish I never bought it. Tired of waiting, Hate RIM.

59 9.93%
  • I Love my PB, but feel RIM has been too slow adding features!

90 15.15%
    I am of the opinion there is a silent majority loving and using Playbooks, AS IS... pre-2.0.
    The impression coming in here is that everyone hates them. Not good for sales. I want to give an accurate impression. Because those who aren't happy as is, have not much better to do than wait and complain. A lot more vocal. Hey I feel your pain! Very understandable ok? But shutup already, its coming! Don't give people the wrong impression.

The only way to get an accurate reading is a poll because those who won't find it useful or worth the price until 2.0 can only vote once.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-16-11 at 11:45 PM.
    09-16-11 11:38 PM
    I tried to vote in the poll, and although I do love my PB, and I am pretty much happy with the purchase, I am NOT patiently waiting for more. This thing is not worthless and I do not regret buying it, but I am extremely tired of waiting for the "big" update and am very disappointed in RIM so far.
    Jake-44, Darlaten, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    09-17-11 12:00 AM
    ditto, I love the playbook but I'm a bit tired of anticipating the big update... actually, I don't need the big update, just give me a good pdf reader and I'll be happy as a bird...
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-11 01:05 AM
    I don't hate my purchase (yet), but I'm not in love/proud with it like when I first purchased mine..
    There should be more options to make your poll more relevant. I didn't vote for this reason, but yeah it wouldn't be either of the 2 at this point.
    09-17-11 01:28 AM
    I don't hate my purchase (yet), but I'm not in love/proud with it like when I first purchased mine..
    There should be more options to make your poll more relevant. I didn't vote for this reason, but yeah it wouldn't be either of the 2 at this point.
    Yeah but I kind of wanted to force a decision here - not really interested in those sitting on the fence. I'm looking for the most passionate here it emphasizes the outcome -
    like not only do 90 percent love it, they REALLY love it!
    or.. not only do 90 percent hate it, they REALLY hate it.

Moderates don't have to and likely will not vote....

It's the accurate proportional amount of hate I am looking for because yesterday there were three hate threads. I don't think that accurately reflects feedback of the device, and kind of gives unfair weight to haters....
    09-17-11 01:34 AM
    A little research 101... To get accurate results your sample must be:

1. representative of the population you are researching (in this case, all PB owners). I'm pretty sure visitors to CrackBerry and especially to these forums are not representative of that population.
    2. randomly and actively selected from that population, not passively and voluntarily allowed to participate in a poll or panel.

Besides, the phrasing and choice of the question and answer possibilities will have an huge influence on the results. The available answers are only the extremes positive and negative, with nothing inbetween. Your results will be the same. Anyone who can't relate to either answer categories will not answer the question, so you're missing a (possibly) huge part of the population just because of the way you have asked the question.

While I applaud the initiative, I must warn that this kind of poll will only yield extreme views from the most vocal visitors to this forum, many of whom are not PlayBook owners but like to pretend they are.
    Last edited by Innovatology; 09-17-11 at 01:47 AM.
    elle-ade and dynot like this.
    09-17-11 01:42 AM
    A little research 101... To get accurate results your sample must be:

1. representative of the population you are researching (in this case, all PB owners). I'm pretty sure visitors to CrackBerry and especially to these forums are not representative of that population.
    2. randomly and actively selected from that population, not passively and voluntarily allowed to participate in a poll or panel.

Besides, the phrasing and choice of the question and answer possibilities will have an huge influence on the results. The available answers are only the extremes positive and negative, with nothing inbetween. Your results will be the same. Anyone who can't relate to either answer categories will not answer the question, so you're missing a (possibly) huge part of the population just because of the way you have asked the question.

While I applaud the initiative, I must warn that this kind of poll will only yield extreme views from the most vocal visitors to this forum, many of whom are not PlayBook owners but like to pretend they are.
    Well all true, but actually the target population was all passionate crackberry members because there seems to be some misrepresentation of satisfaction weighted toward the extreme hate side. So far, my theory holds. And I think it might be fair to say that the MOST passionate of all PB owners are likely Crackberry members, and the ones likely to be best informed and suited to make a fair honest judgement about the device. So those are the ones I am interested in. Target not missed.

See above comment for reasoning of the missing in between vote.

What I think this will show is the passionate lovers will far out pace the passionate haters (passive voluntary) . Including moderates would only add to the outweighing of the passionate haters.

Feel free to post what you might think to be a more accurate measurement, but this proves the point that it's not all extreme hate in here, as one might judge by a cursory review of the thread titles. The hate is in the minority.

Perhaps not THE most accurate measurement, but surely more accurate than one might judge simply by reading thread titles.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-17-11 at 02:50 AM.
    z_scorpio_z likes this.
    09-17-11 02:44 AM
    I bought my PlayBook(s) as an informed consumer. I was very well aware that there wasn't email/contacts/calender/Android/blahblahblah at launch. And I think it was common sense to figure that App World wouldn't be overflowing with big name apps right off the bat.

It's a little disappointing in principle that everything is taking so long to come out, but the bottom line is that the PlayBook still does 100% of the things it did at launch, plus a few extra, there is no reason to be upset. I'm just as happy with it as I was on day 1. I would bet at least half of the people regretting the purchase didn't do any research.
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    09-17-11 02:46 AM
    I bought my PlayBook(s) as an informed consumer. I was very well aware that there wasn't email/contacts/calender/Android/blahblahblah at launch. And I think it was common sense to figure that App World wouldn't be overflowing with big name apps right off the bat.

It's a little disappointing in principle that everything is taking so long to come out, but the bottom line is that the PlayBook still does 100% of the things it did at launch, plus a few extra, there is no reason to be upset. I'm just as happy with it as I was on day 1. I would bet at least half of the people regretting the purchase didn't do any research.
    And hopefully after this it will be good for people like you and me to know we are NOT the minority as it often seems in here. Reviewers, developers, investors take note!
    09-17-11 02:52 AM
    I am of the opinion there is a silent majority loving and using Playbooks, AS IS... pre-2.0.
    The impression coming in here is that everyone hates them. Not good for sales. I want to give an accurate impression. Because those who aren't happy as is, have not much better to do than wait and complain. A lot more vocal. Hey I feel your pain! Very understandable ok? But shutup already, its coming! Don't give people the wrong impression.

The only way to get an accurate reading is a poll because those who won't find it useful or worth the price until 2.0 can only vote once.
    Good idea, but, Mr. Mod�rator, could you close the comments section ?
    09-17-11 02:55 AM
    Good idea, but, Mr. Mod�rator, could you close the comments section ?
    Strange request. Why?
    So that the hard evidence might sink to the bottom forever? You don't have to read comments.

Lest you forget I always have my six shooter up my sleeve, (the other one). Nobody pulls a fast one on Blackjack and lives to tell about it.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-17-11 at 03:12 AM.
    NedKLee likes this.
    09-17-11 03:05 AM
    love this thing to bits, impatiently waiting for more!
    09-17-11 06:13 AM
    ditto, I love the playbook but I'm a bit tired of anticipating the big update... actually, I don't need the big update, just give me a good pdf reader and I'll be happy as a bird...
    when you say good pdf reader, what excatly do you mean?

the pdf reader on the PB does pretty much what the pdf reader on a PC does but i see so many people say they want a good pdf reader and i just wonder what that means
    09-17-11 06:29 AM
    This poll doesn't mean much as the people in here are mostly die hard RIM fans.
    09-17-11 06:40 AM
    I think people forget how far we have come. Love this clip!

NedKLee likes this.
    09-17-11 07:30 AM
    not enough options. I love my playbook but i am sick of waiting and sick of being lied to and given false hope again and again.
    FF22 and pkcable like this.
    09-17-11 07:35 AM
    I didn't see the poll.
    But I just want to point out that polls lie.
    All the time.

For example.
    Which phone is your favorite smart phone?

Poll was taken at a local mall.
    Gets 70% iPhone, 15% Android, 10% Windows Phone 7 and 5% Blackberry.

The lie is that the poll was taken in front of an Apple Store in a mall.

This poll is on a CrackBerry Fansite.

It is a lie.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    howarmat and 69goat like this.
    09-17-11 07:38 AM
    I purchased my tablet for mainly one thing, Web content which is child's play for the playbook. The playbook at this point does it better then any other tablet second to none and only with scraps of native and non native apps. I say RIM should just slap some kind of fruit resembling an apple in place of the BB logo for a while and I'm sure the sheep will follow and praise the playbook as the one to beat.
    Last edited by edandrea; 09-17-11 at 07:49 AM.
    gordongr likes this.
    09-17-11 07:47 AM
    I'm another one somewhere in between. It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread and it's not a piece of crap either.

I do like it a lot and it is filling a need for me but it's still lacking somethings I want so until it gets those it's not love.
    09-17-11 07:51 AM
    I guess, the better poll would be, "is PlayBook really need a major upgrade?"... "YES' or "NO", not even required to explain your answer...
    09-17-11 07:56 AM
    I like my PlayBook just fine. I don't love it.

FYI, I didn't vote simply because it's misleading.

Last edited by xandermac; 09-17-11 at 09:39 AM.
    09-17-11 08:07 AM
    'Love' my PlayBook might be a little strong, but I'm very satisfied with it. It does what I need and expect my tablet to do. There are a few things I wish it did better, but that doesn't change how well it already works for me, so I am patiently waiting for the Big Update.

There is no tablet out there that does everything perfectly. My wife had an iPad long before the PB came out (and she loves it), and all that time I had no desire to get a tablet. But something about the PB changed my mind; maybe it was its tight integration with BB phones, the size, the specs, or maybe it was just the fact that it isn't an Apple (even though I am now a Mac computer guy). I've had my PB now since day one, having pre-ordered it the first day I was able, and I have zero regrets. I use the thing daily for everything I intended to use it for and then some. I'd have to say that unequivocally my biggest complaint about the PlayBook is all the people who do nothing but complain about it.
    Last edited by 18to7fiddy; 09-17-11 at 08:37 AM.
    NedKLee likes this.
    09-17-11 08:22 AM
    Posting on behalf of my wife who has been a happy and proud PlayBook owner for a week now. So far it does what she wants and she is not wanting for anything really. It's bridged to her Torch and off she goes. Not a worry about native email, calendar and contacts.

As for me, I'm still on the fence, but at least there is a PB in the house now so I'm ready for 2.0 to rock my sox and make me ditch my iPad.

Btw, welcome back Blackjack.
    09-17-11 08:29 AM
    I didn't see the poll.
    But I just want to point out that polls lie.
    All the time.

For example.
    Which phone is your favorite smart phone?

Poll was taken at a local mall.
    Gets 70% iPhone, 15% Android, 10% Windows Phone 7 and 5% Blackberry.

The lie is that the poll was taken in front of an Apple Store in a mall.

This poll is on a CrackBerry Fansite.

It is a lie.

Completely disagree. This poll is not what is your favorite tablet, but rather what are your feelings about this tablet. With so much ******** and whining being done on this site about everything the PlayBook isn't, I think the results of this poll should be pretty accurate. Where else would you suggest inquiring about the attitudes toward one particular product other than a place where users -- both satisfied and not -- of that product would tend to congregate?
    grover5, Jake2826, eelect and 3 others like this.
    09-17-11 08:30 AM
    when you say good pdf reader, what excatly do you mean?

the pdf reader on the PB does pretty much what the pdf reader on a PC does but i see so many people say they want a good pdf reader and i just wonder what that means
    1) no bookmarks
    2) can't give notes
    3) can't highlight
    4) a bit slow changing pages with large files (I opened a 16mb pdf and it was very slow to turn pages)
    5) no search function (not file search but text search)
    6) can only open 1 pdf at a time
    7) etc

I bought the playbook to read ebooks, but I did not anticipate the pdf reader to be that "basic"... (sigh)

at least the screen is fantastic, I've just finished watching a season of house and it was an absolutely great experience...
    anon1459534 likes this.
    09-17-11 09:31 AM
170 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD