I think this will be the bounce back quarter for RIMM. Enough of the bashing of the company. Watch this Business Day : September 16, 2011.
    09-16-11 06:06 PM
    The PlayBook is the best first gen device I have ever owned. Bought it on launch day and haven't looked back. Comparing this to the 1st gen iPod touch (which did not even have an app store) and the first Android Phone to hit the Canadian market (the HTC Magic) - which was plagued by software related issues and the carriers taking a million years to release OS updates. Both of the these devices I also bought on day 1.
    09-16-11 06:16 PM
    Wow, finally someone who isn't throwing the baby out with the bath water!
    09-16-11 06:39 PM
    Finally an analyst that is not drunk on apple cider and has the technical savvy to see beyond the end of his nose and realize the awesome potential of QNX.
    09-16-11 07:08 PM
    The RIMPIRE WILL STRIKE BACK!
    09-16-11 07:17 PM
    Finally an analyst that is not drunk on apple cider and has the technical savvy to see beyond the end of his nose and realize the awesome potential of QNX.
    As of now, unrealized potential.

Tim
    09-16-11 07:48 PM
    It's a bottom line business. I've been reading about QNX's "potential" since April of 2010, yet it always seems to be just a few more months off.
    09-16-11 08:05 PM
    So analysts are here to analyze, and this one sounds decent. I was laughing watching the cnbc anchors going back and forth about RIMM, and it's always nice to see other's perspectives. Lots will say everything from dead, dead, dead, to transition period. Everything from takeover target, to the only people using Blackberry pull their devices out from their long black trenchcoats and look down as they use their BB, trying to mask their embarrassment when they use them. Well, who really thought sales were going to increase in the period before a new series of phones released? Who really thought that the playbook was going to stomp the ipad? Just like the comparisons to nothing being the "IPHONE KILLER" and nothing able to compete against the holy grail of tablets, there are over sixteen billion reasons why RIMM is a great company. I for one, will enjoy my new 9900, as I enjoy my playbook. And I, unlike the other phone and tablet users will enjoy advanced messaging systems, a great communication device, oh, and free internet connections on my tablet, no matter where I go, because the company I put my dollars behind gives me the ability to utilize a great 4G connection via my phone. And, no other phone/tablet maker had the cojones to do it!
    09-16-11 10:06 PM
    I hope he is right. I share his concern about the two at the top. Jim and Mikes mouths
    have caused more damage than anything else.

I do find the statement about the OS being out for 1.5 years a little off.

Time will tell but time is not friend to RIM right now.

Tim
    09-16-11 11:12 PM
    I think this will be the bounce back quarter for RIMM. Enough of the bashing of the company. Watch this Business Day : September 16, 2011.
    Agreed! Time to buy and be happy! Success only follows optimism.
    09-16-11 11:18 PM
    I hope he is right. I share his concern about the two at the top. Jim and Mikes mouths
    have caused more damage than anything else.

I do find the statement about the OS being out for 1.5 years a little off.

Time will tell but time is not friend to RIM right now.

Tim
    Well Jim and Mikes mouths( at least Mikes's) said the right things

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2011-a-651046/

just in time for the big rally tomorrow!
    09-16-11 11:22 PM
    Oh how I love the checkerboarding on this device! I would pay good money if checkerboarding was an app.
    09-17-11 12:12 AM
    As of now, unrealized potential.

Tim
    ~27 years on the market, it never made it to the consumer non-mobile or non-small platform market. I dont see how far it can get now. It will still be on RIM's tablet in the very same mobile platform, it wont go further beyond, now that its RIM's property, at least before they had some "public" code.

Its not a bad product, but the argument of "future potential" is for those that did not know what QNX was before RIM acquired them, for the 20something years they have existed. Anything can have future potential.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-17-11 at 12:45 AM.
    09-17-11 12:40 AM
    "drunk on apple cider" - haha that's great

I think the analyst is probably right that a lot of the bad news is now out and things will get better.
    09-17-11 03:26 AM
    Hoping for a Microsoft or Google take over that would be Kevin sweeeeeet! Then we could see what the Playbook can really do, because I dont think Rim still has a clue!
    09-17-11 09:27 AM
    ~27 years on the market, it never made it to the consumer non-mobile or non-small platform market. I dont see how far it can get now. It will still be on RIM's tablet in the very same mobile platform, it wont go further beyond, now that its RIM's property, at least before they had some "public" code.

Its not a bad product, but the argument of "future potential" is for those that did not know what QNX was before RIM acquired them, for the 20something years they have existed. Anything can have future potential.
    The QNX tablet OS is brand new and is the best OS on the market currently. RIM is to be congratulated for demonstrating brilliant insight by recognizing the potential of QNX in the portable computing market. The architecture of the OS supports RIM's world renouned security.
    09-17-11 10:53 AM
    It's a bottom line business. I've been reading about QNX's "potential" since April of 2010, yet it always seems to be just a few more months off.
    When we see Tablet OS 2.0 we'll have a pretty solid idea of what the potential of QNX and the new phones will be, as that essentially is going to be the base of the OS on the new phones.
    09-17-11 11:01 AM
    I'll buy some a few RIM tomorrow
    09-17-11 11:19 AM
    The QNX tablet OS is brand new and is the best OS on the market currently. RIM is to be congratulated for demonstrating brilliant insight by recognizing the potential of QNX in the portable computing market. The architecture of the OS supports RIM's world renouned security.
    No fanboy, the operating system is not brand new, its QNX neutrino slimmed down with a different UI. QNX did not come to life when RIM acquired them, and it had its potential well before RIM ever made a move, but obviously you did not know about that, since the timeline for you starts since the playbook was announced.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-17-11 at 12:06 PM.
    09-17-11 12:03 PM
    When we see Tablet OS 2.0 we'll have a pretty solid idea of what the potential of QNX and the new phones will be, as that essentially is going to be the base of the OS on the new phones.
    Wasn't 1.0 supposed to be the basis for the new phones? At any rate, when 2.0 hits and doesn't sell, these forums will shift to 3.0 as having the "potential," as the "potential" argument never really ends.

Nothing says "renouned (sic) security" like an Android app player.
    09-17-11 01:26 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The next two quarters will be key for RIMM ... to benefit from the OS7 rollout just underway now and to bring the needed significant enhancements to Playbook software, and also to position RIM extremely well for the roll-out of the QNX superphones early next year ...

I believe it will happen ...
    09-17-11 02:53 PM
    No fanboy, the operating system is not brand new, its QNX neutrino slimmed down with a different UI. QNX did not come to life when RIM acquired them, and it had its potential well before RIM ever made a move, but obviously you did not know about that, since the timeline for you starts since the playbook was announced.
    That's "Mr. Fanboy" to you. The OS for tablet is new as far as being used for the device. The UI is a process running on the QNX architecture. QNX has indeed been around for years and is known as a very robust, efficient and secure system. Is was a great move on RIM's part to buy that respected company which was beyond doubt known to RIM for decades. One just has to wonder who approached whom with idea of a tablet application.
    09-17-11 02:55 PM
    Nothing says "renouned (sic) security" like an Android app player.
    You should learn a little about RIM's "renouned" QNX OS.

A key aspect of the QNX OS is that processes run self contained on the system. That's a simple description but the reason that RIM, which is "renouned" for security, bought QNX is because it architecture itself lends itself to security. No doubt one of the reasons that the official release has been delayed -android apps do work well on the PB as we know- is to make the UI experience and security seamless which has to involve all manner of interacting processes which run self contained among themselves. I would think that the current bridge support of apps in the lastest update would be an indication of things to come regarding android. Should be a lot of fun once it's released.
    09-17-11 03:15 PM
    Great read. RIM will be back!
    09-17-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD