On the eve of a new version of playbook os coming, its been pretty quiet on the crackberry front. i've been told by staples and costco employees that a new playbook is coming out with the release of os 2.0. As well the new playbook will have a sim card slot, 3g capable and some other goodies. As a regular reader of crackberry, i enjoy being able to tell people whats up and coming with blackberry. i understand that these awesome new phones were just released but the playbook has taken a back seat it seems. Really i'm just looking for closure to the rumours i've heard. i'm telling people to buy playbook but when they get to the store they are being told to wait for new one. its been a long time since us crackberrians have been broadsided by something new from blackberry.
    09-14-11 03:59 PM
    playbook 2? its been 3 or 4 months since the current version came out. I think what you are thinking about is just the 3g/4g version of the playbook. Doubt it will be anything more than the addition of the radio and a monthly contract.
    f1mx likes this.
    09-14-11 04:03 PM
    [edit] and super .... guy deleted his post .... thus, my response to his post is moot. Thanks, guy with disappearing post that I responded to!

When do we get OS 2? I'd like to hear from Kevin (or better yet BB) but it ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by BSFA2008; 09-14-11 at 04:19 PM.
    09-14-11 04:16 PM
    playbook 2? its been 3 or 4 months since the current version came out. I think what you are thinking about is just the 3g/4g version of the playbook. Doubt it will be anything more than the addition of the radio and a monthly contract.
    i doubt it will be playbook 2 but thats what staples is calling it.
    09-14-11 04:35 PM
    Version 2 "of the tablet OS"

Shortly after its been released or announced you'll be able to read all about it here at crackberry. This seems to be the trend lately, RIM is ultra secretive it seems when it comes to their tablet, not sure why... But they made Kevin swear to secrecy about the "things that'll make you say sweeeet"... So that's all we get from RIM - "lots of good things coming, keep waiting"....

If v2.0 is any type of a let down for me, I think I'm either Andriod bound or Windows bound (for my tablet of course), by the sounds of it (oct), I'll have plenty of time to be a judge (for myself) of whether or not v2.0 will satisfy my needs, just in time to easily sell my pb on kijiji for the xmas season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 04:40 PM
    Whatever model comes, hoping to have that sweet OS2 available for all us.
    moe1up and knightfall like this.
    09-14-11 04:42 PM
    So what advantage does Kevin have with this forbidden PlayBook knowledge? It's certainly not benefiting anyone else other than saying, "Hey, I know what's coming and you don't." RIM has proven that they're not exactly King of Marketing, so I have a winning formula to throw their way: Don't tell anyone a damn thing, not even Kevin. Take a cue from Apple. As I'm typing this from my PlayBook, I so badly want the PlayBook and Blackberry in general to succeed.
    09-14-11 06:27 PM
    Version 2 "of the tablet OS"

Shortly after its been released or announced you'll be able to read all about it here at crackberry. This seems to be the trend lately, RIM is ultra secretive it seems when it comes to their tablet, not sure why... But they made Kevin swear to secrecy about the "things that'll make you say sweeeet"... So that's all we get from RIM - "lots of good things coming, keep waiting"....

If v2.0 is any type of a let down for me, I think I'm either Andriod bound or Windows bound (for my tablet of course), by the sounds of it (oct), I'll have plenty of time to be a judge (for myself) of whether or not v2.0 will satisfy my needs, just in time to easily sell my pb on kijiji for the xmas season.

We've come to expect a lot from Kevin and his crew. There is no way they would keep anything from us. That's the whole point of Crackberry. Tips, rumours, and knowing things before everyone else. That's what keeps me coming back to this site multiple times daily.

09-14-11 07:09 PM
    I suppose it's possible they may revamp the hardware slightly if they think theres anything they can do physically that would help it sell more than the current one has been selling ..... (no I don't think theres anything wrong with the hardware).
    09-14-11 07:39 PM
    Wow, can't believe this post.

Lets say for a second that Kevin knows what is going on with OS 2.0 (maybe he does or doesn't?)...

Since what is going on is hush, I am sure he signed a NDA (non disclosure agreement) which means he would get into big trouble saying something. So good luck with your post convincing him to say what is going on.

Also it is very rare for regular employees of a chain to have reliable information. I highly doubt that what they are claiming is official. Just for them suggesting there is a 3G version is enough evidence as all previous rumors state a 4G/LTE version is on the horizon...

But OP, again, good luck with your post.
    southlander and walnuts1024 like this.
    09-14-11 08:02 PM
    Wow, can't believe this post.

Lets say for a second that Kevin knows what is going on with OS 2.0 (maybe he does or doesn't?)...

Since what is going on is hush, I am sure he signed a NDA (non disclosure agreement) which means he would get into big trouble saying something. So good luck with your post convincing him to say what is going on.

Also it is very rare for regular employees of a chain to have reliable information. I highly doubt that what they are claiming is official. Just for them suggesting there is a 3G version is enough evidence as all previous rumors state a 4G/LTE version is on the horizon...

But OP, again, good luck with your post.
    Also add if Kevin posts details from sources before he is suppose to, he won't have those sources anymore
    09-14-11 08:05 PM
    Also add if Kevin posts details from sources before he is suppose to, he won't have those sources anymore

Another consideration is generating market hype. It's practically free advertising, targeted to a large community of BlackBerry users and fans. They tell him something, he has the heads up and can likely be the first one to post more details when there's an announcement or the timing is right. In the meantime he's allowed to tell us "somethings coming and it's going to be sweet". We get excited and can't wait to hear more. If something actually happens great, good advertising. If not, or if there's a delay (seems to be a trent, not just with RIM), then they aren't taking heat or looking foolish.
    09-14-11 08:11 PM
    Another consideration is generating market hype. It's practically free advertising, targeted to a large community of BlackBerry users and fans. They tell him something, he has the heads up and can likely be the first one to post more details when there's an announcement or the timing is right. In the meantime he's allowed to tell us "somethings coming and it's going to be sweet". We get excited and can't wait to hear more. If something actually happens great, good advertising. If not, or if there's a delay (seems to be a trent, not just with RIM), then they aren't taking heat or looking foolish.
    Won't do any good. If kevin did tell us all the feature of the PB that he himself saw and it never materializes...

Well just look at the many native threads on skype, native email etc.

09-14-11 10:38 PM
    I asked Kevin on twitter a couple days ago about when to expect our 2.0 upgrade for our beloved PlayBook and he expects it to be just after DevCon in October. i wouldn't be be truthful if i didn't say i was a bit disappointed with that.

It made me wonder if i made the mistake purchasing the PlayBook instead of the Samsung Galaxy or i don't even want to mention it, but the iPad,especially with BGRs article today. Needless to say I changed my tune when i got my hdmi cable from The Crackberry Store and started playing Boardwalk Empire on my big screen straight from my PlayBook.

All i want to see is the Android App Player.
    09-14-11 11:28 PM
    We've come to expect a lot from Kevin and his crew. There is no way they would keep anything from us. That's the whole point of Crackberry. Tips, rumours, and knowing things before everyone else. That's what keeps me coming back to this site multiple times daily.

Ya except for the fact that Kevin let us know that he DOES know stuff that he isn't telling us other than "it'll make you say sweet"... I don't blame him, he obviously agreed not to tell... Which is fine.... The suspense is killing me though! Lol

Hurry up RIM!! I want to be mega impressed with your offerings, 9900 has got me half way there, time to deliver with the pb.

jadenmiko likes this.
    09-15-11 12:06 AM

Well Kevin is the one that broke the news of a 2.0 update when everyone was expecting an incremental one like what RIM originally planned.

And ever since then, it's been better now that they know. But they're just getting anxious with the release of it.

But a month from now isn't too far off.
    09-15-11 11:22 AM
    ahh i feel better. some playbook facts. thank kevin for putting up that post. I was hoping later this month so a little disappointed about the extra wait. after devcon 2011. hopefully before christmas. We've been waiting since april for these updates. I'm a very loyal RIM person but they do ask for a lot of patience.
    09-15-11 05:28 PM
    the updates will be previewed during defcon, then released afterward. so will likely be november or december..unless they change the plan and release it now now instead.
    09-15-11 06:28 PM
    You will see a new software update, but the chances of RIM coming out with another hardware model of the Playbook, i.e. Playbook 2.0 is slim to none, and slim left town.
    09-15-11 06:30 PM
    I just Bought Playbook few day. and Indeed no GPS/Google map what I need for my job done well. also no Yahoo/Skype with Video call which I perfect need.

OS 2.0 get it or Playbook gonna die soon. Also I don't care much about Android App Players or wherever with Android If not I did not meet BlackBerry.
    I love BlackBerry When I was 10.
    P/S English is not my first language.
    Last edited by LazyLee; 10-17-11 at 07:47 AM.
    10-17-11 07:43 AM
    It will happen when it will. You will got your answer on tomorrow. So be patient and stop complaining.
    It's amazing... if you have nothing to do, take a breath outside, go ply basket and football.

Anyway, on tomorrow night I can see thread like

Hoooo no, one month more to wait
    Goodbye RIM, HELLO SAMSUNG
    THANKS RIM, you lost me
    My PB goes back to BestBuy
    No more RIM

Anyway, I have just one question, WHY DID YOU BUY A PLAYBOOK if you keep complaining after....

damned, see you on tomorrow
    10-17-11 08:01 AM
    It will happen when it will. You will got your answer on tomorrow. So be patient and stop complaining.
    It's amazing... if you have nothing to do, take a breath outside, go ply basket and football.

Anyway, on tomorrow night I can see thread like

Hoooo no, one month more to wait
    Goodbye RIM, HELLO SAMSUNG
    THANKS RIM, you lost me
    My PB goes back to BestBuy
    No more RIM

Anyway, I have just one question, WHY DID YOU BUY A PLAYBOOK if you keep complaining after....

damned, see you on tomorrow
    The thread we'd all love to see:

"What time will OS2 be released tomorrow?"

(just poking a bit of fun at the iPhone fans)!
    SuperDuckWC likes this.
    10-17-11 08:05 AM
    "Rim releases Sirier"

10-17-11 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD