2 weeks into my new 9860...

Man...I was so hoping that after the Storm2 reboot times of up to 14 mins, that this new OS7 would have changed things.

I run a few apps...not many.

Just endured another gruelling 12 min reboot.

What am I doing wrong???
    09-14-11 03:14 PM
    My boot time has been a consistent 90 seconds every time. I have a good amount of apps on my phone too, so might be a unique case.
    09-14-11 03:24 PM
    black hole, that is very unusual. My reboot times have been consistently under two minutes. Most people are reporting similar. What software version are you running?
    09-14-11 03:27 PM
    wow!

It must be something I'm doing then??

I have been a BB fan and heavy user for 5+ yrs now...all the 5 phones I've owned have been slow to reboot...

When the phone was new it was maybe 2.5-3 mins...so it HAS to be somehow affected by me I assume.

Any suggestions?
    09-14-11 03:29 PM
    running what it came with 7.0.0.261

also a LOT of the spinning clock thing....reminds me of the Storm2! Although this is clearly a better phone in so many ways...It is getting frustrating.

I have searched for answers and faithfully read the forums, but havent seemed to find a reason.
    09-14-11 03:34 PM
    My boot time is between 90-120 seconds also, and I have a ton of apps. I get the spinning clock when downloading apps but can still use my phone except in a couple of cases in which I did have to wait.
    09-14-11 03:41 PM
    I just unchecked a couple boxes as per an older post...

Options > Security > Advanced Security Settings > Memory Cleaning > Enable = unchecked

Options > Device > Storage > Enable Compression = unchecked

...amazing difference...reboot under 120 sec. Awesome!

(now what the h*ll did I just actually DO tho?!)
    09-14-11 03:52 PM
    About memory cleaning

Memory cleaning is designed to delete sensitive data from the temporary memory on your BlackBerry� device. Examples of sensitive data include sensitive data in the cache for the key store browser, unencrypted data from email messages, LDAP authentication passwords, and data from certificate and key searches.

When memory cleaning is turned on, the memory cleaning application is designed to delete sensitive data automatically in the following situations:

when you insert your device in a holster
    when you do not use your device for a specified period of time
    when you synchronize with your computer
    when you change the time or the time zone for your device
    when you lock your device

About compression

Compression is designed to reduce the size of your BlackBerry� device data while maintaining the integrity of that data. When compression is turned on, your device compresses all device data, including messages, contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos. You should keep compression turned on.

If both compression and encryption are turned on, your device compresses device data before encrypting it.
    black hole likes this.
    09-14-11 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD