I tried to buy an app through AppWorld but I get an error message that says: "There is a system error. Please try again later. (error Id: 579024)". I also tried going through the desktop and it just doesn't give me the button to purchase.

Anyone else having any issues with AppWorld?
    09-14-11 03:05 PM
    I tried to buy an app through AppWorld but I get an error message that says: "There is a system error. Please try again later. (error Id: 579024)". I also tried going through the desktop and it just doesn't give me the button to purchase.

Anyone else having any issues with AppWorld?
    I would just close it down and reopen it and try again. I just opened app world and mine is working fine.
    09-14-11 03:13 PM
    I should have mentioned that I did the usual and pulled the battery and retried w/o any success.

I can get into AppWorld w/o any issues, the problem is when I try to purchase an App. It's after I click on the price button. The next screen has me verify the purchase price and payment option and I click on the Buy Now button, that's when I get error message. I'll do as it says and wait a while and try again.
    09-14-11 03:18 PM
    There is something weird going on today. I was going to purchase an app. it said 2.99 when I got to the purchase page it said 3.99.
    09-14-11 06:12 PM
    I just tried again w/o any luck. This has not been a good experience since getting the 9810.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 06:28 PM
    OK, I found a solution. Apparently error 579024 relates to PayPal as a payment method. I had to log into App World through the PC and then just verify my PayPal account. Nothing had changed on my PayPal account, AppWorld apparently mandates that you re-verify your payment method for some reason. Maybe it's due to AppWorld 3 or may it's due to OS 7.
    09-14-11 06:44 PM
    OK, I found a solution. Apparently error 579024 relates to PayPal as a payment method. I had to log into App World through the PC and then just verify my PayPal account. Nothing had changed on my PayPal account, AppWorld apparently mandates that you re-verify your payment method for some reason. Maybe it's due to AppWorld 3 or may it's due to OS 7.
    It's because you agree to a pre-approved payment plan when u link app world to paypal, and those agreements have to be renewed every once in a while.

09-14-11 06:46 PM
    It's because you agree to a pre-approved payment plan when u link app world to paypal, and those agreements have to be renewed every once in a while.

It'd be nice if the error message mentioned that or provided a link to help explain the error number. Luckily there is always Bing or Google search to help.
    09-14-11 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD