My wife has been watching me with my 9930 for the last two weeks now and she is starting to second guess which phone she wants. She has been patiently waiting for the iPhone to come to Sprint.

She just messaged me this morning saying "honey, would it be ok for me to get the blackberry instead?"

I think I speak for many blackberry fans when I say that it is AWESOME when someone sees the light!
    09-14-11 09:58 AM
    Hahaha. Nice! My wife saw the light awhile ago and she was patiently waiting for a white 9900(from a 9800), but couldn't wait so we got her one a couple days ago and we ordered the white hard case for it to keep her happy. I think she's loving the phone as much as I do!
    09-14-11 10:10 AM
    mine went to Android and is not coming back unless BB brings more apps to appworld
    09-14-11 02:16 PM
    Mine left her new 9900 and 9860 for the Galaxy S2. She never even looked back. Come to think of it, I did not either
    09-14-11 02:20 PM
    Mine is rocking her Pearl for another 2 months until she is eligible for her 2-year upgrade, then she is probably going to upgrade to the Torch 9850 unless I see reports of the QNX phone is due out soon by then. She loves BB and BBM.
    09-14-11 02:22 PM
    You know its a great phone when (or if 9900 is ....) ......

The RAM shows 1GB and does provide the EXACT same amount for running your apps.
    The Camera can be auto focus .
    The Battery can run 2 days on average without any tweaking.
    It comes with a holder for your phone strap.
    It comes with a left convenience key button. (Extremely useful for right handed.)
    You can remain connectivity on Facebook AND Twitter without worrying about your battery life.
    The Facebook and Twitter app comes with auto push instead of manual PULL by specific timing.

Last edited by lucretius; 09-14-11 at 02:33 PM.
    09-14-11 02:29 PM
    RAM is not for storing programs, but it is memory used to run programs...
    lucretiusgoh likes this.
    09-14-11 02:39 PM

The RAM shows 1GB and does provide the EXACT same amount for running your apps.this is not what RAM does
    The Camera can be auto focus .who cares?
    The Battery can run 2 days on average without any tweaking.mine does
    It comes with a holder for your phone strap.what do u mean? mine came with holster
    It comes with a left convenience key button. (Extremely useful for right handed.)agreed
    You can remain connectivity on Facebook AND Twitter without worrying about your battery life.i am and it doens't affect it as i still get 2 days
    The Facebook and Twitter app comes with auto push instead of manual PULL by specific timing. i get instant notifications from FB and twitter, if you mean feeds it does it when u open the app

maybe people do care about the camera, but it doesn't bother me..
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 09-14-11 at 02:47 PM.
    09-14-11 02:44 PM
    RAM is not for storing programs, but it is memory used to run programs...
    I know... but it seems to me that 9900 RAM though is 1GB but it only shows useable 143MB ..

I'm using memory booster and It shows me on average my useable ram is 143MB and I'm always 68MB free ...
    09-14-11 02:46 PM

this is not what RAM does

Sorry for the noob, you mean the 1GB RAM is not meant for running application at the background?

who cares?

When you need to snap picture at documents so that you don't need to scribble everything down.. it matters a bit.

mine does

Hardly for me.. even though I am running .373 firmware still average usage last me about 12 hours and is not 2 days..

what do u mean? mine came with holster

You know, phone strap em.. for you to pull your phone out from jean easily..

It comes with a left convenience key button. (Extremely useful for right handed.)agreedyeahh .. ^^

You can remain connectivity on Facebook AND Twitter without worrying about your battery life.

i am and it doens't affect it as i still get 2 days

The Facebook and Twitter app comes with auto push instead of manual PULL by specific timing.

i get instant notifications from FB and twitter, if you mean feeds it does it when u open the app

I meant receiving new feeds without checking every hour or mins..

Don't get me wrong.. It is a good phone to me... but if only ..then probably it be a great phone

Chill ... no flame war intended
    Last edited by lucretius; 09-14-11 at 02:58 PM.
    09-14-11 02:53 PM
    Don't get me wrong.. It is a good phone to me... but if only ..then probably it be a great phone

Chill ... no flame war intended
    i know.. just trying to tell you that it has all the things u posted ; >

it is a good device.. so is the Galaxy S2 and other smart phones.. yes it's not as of a WOW then the others but it works well and does what i need it to
    lucretiusgoh likes this.
    09-14-11 03:02 PM
    I don't use BlackBerry, but I care about auto-focus. In fact, part of the reason I'm leaning towards not using BlackBerry is because the 9900 does not have auto-focus.
    09-14-11 03:08 PM

this is not what RAM does

Sorry for the noob, you mean the 1GB RAM is not meant for running application at the background?

RAM is like short term memory so 1GB of RAM allows more to be store in short term memory so that u can access them faster.. less RAM mean the older items gets pushed out by new ones and therefore the device "forgets" it and has to retrieve it again

who cares?

When you need to snap picture at documents so that you don't need to scribble everything down.. it matters a bit.

it does this fine for me.. it may be a little grainy but still readable.. takes great action shots though

mine does

Hardly for me.. even though I am running .373 firmware still average usage last me about 12 hours and is not 2 days..

hmm that's odd... but people seem to be experiencing the same as yo u are.. my batter discharges at 4.3% when heavy useage.. 1.3% when idle.. i;m running .353, i';m assuming ur using .353 and not .373

what do u mean? mine came with holster

You know, phone strap em.. for you to pull your phone out from jean easily..

ahhh i see ; > i'd rather it come with a leather holster or pouch then a lanyard

It comes with a left convenience key button. (Extremely useful for right handed.)agreedyeahh .. ^^

i am and it doens't affect it as i still get 2 days

i get instant notifications from FB and twitter, if you mean feeds it does it when u open the app

I meant receiving new feeds without checking every hour or mins..

yah i thought that's what u meant... but even with mine set to NEVER, when i open the app it'll populate all the recent feeds automatically.. maybe it's a bug!! haha who knows
    09-14-11 03:10 PM
    i know.. just trying to tell you that it has all the things u posted ; >

it is a good device.. so is the Galaxy S2 and other smart phones.. yes it's not as of a WOW then the others but it works well and does what i need it to
    Well.. I sold my S2 to get BB 9900 ..

You see, with Blackberry.. is no longer a phone or a mobile device..
    Because of the "constant push" and BBM...

Blackberry is more like a device that breathe with souls while other is just a machine or just a... phone.

Cheers mate
    09-14-11 03:11 PM
    I don't use BlackBerry, but I care about auto-focus. In fact, part of the reason I'm leaning towards not using BlackBerry is because the 9900 does not have auto-focus.
    then don't use it simple ;>

but the 9900 takes better action shots from what i can tell

anyway off topic...

Congrats to the OP... i converted my wife to stay with BB cause after her 8900 she was gonna go to iphone! when the 9700 came out she stayed with BB : >

i had the iph4 when it first came out due to my 9700 being stolen and waitin for the 9800 to come out.. she used it and she said she could never go to an iphone ; >
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 09-14-11 at 03:15 PM.
    09-14-11 03:12 PM

hmm that's odd... but people seem to be experiencing the same as yo u are.. my batter discharges at 4.3% when heavy useage.. 1.3% when idle.. i;m running .353, i';m assuming ur using .353 and not .373
    Yeah .. i just realized is a .353 and not .373..

Thanks.. You can detect the firmware just by listening to problems eh ? ^^

Well done..
    danimalchil likes this.
    09-14-11 03:16 PM
    I got my wife a 9330 curve about 6 months ago coming from a dumb phone. She will never leave bb because she got addicted to the keyboard...funny how she always thought a smartphone was a waste...I created a monster!

My wife has been watching me with my 9930 for the last two weeks now and she is starting to second guess which phone she wants. She has been patiently waiting for the iPhone to come to Sprint.

She just messaged me this morning saying "honey, would it be ok for me to get the blackberry instead?"

I think I speak for many blackberry fans when I say that it is AWESOME when someone sees the light!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 03:17 PM
    Yeah .. i just realized is a .353 and not .373..

Thanks.. You can detect the firmware just by listening to problems eh ? ^^

Well done..
    no i assumed firmware cause there is no .373 and .353 was just a logical assumption..

the previous firmwares have a lot more issues ; > u don't want to be on those

and the constant push is what makes communication on a BB so great...
    09-14-11 03:20 PM
    I know... but it seems to me that 9900 RAM though is 1GB but it only shows useable 143MB ..

I'm using memory booster and It shows me on average my useable ram is 143MB and I'm always 68MB free ...
    Maybe its just me, or maybe your from a different planet.... but I thought the 9900 only has 768MB of RAM....

Why YES, YES it DOES only have 768MB of RAM! Where on earth did you read that any of the OS7 phones had over 768MB of RAM?
    09-14-11 03:26 PM
    Maybe its just me, or maybe your from a different planet.... but I thought the 9900 only has 768MB of RAM....

Why YES, YES it DOES only have 768MB of RAM! Where on earth did you read that any of the OS7 phones had over 768MB of RAM?
    i didn't even catch that he said that!
    09-14-11 03:28 PM

Opps...err.. 768 MB only ? **** .... my bad.. I thought I read the brochure saying it has 1GB of RAM... sorry about that ^^...
    09-14-11 03:33 PM

Anyway... useable is only 143mb..
    09-14-11 03:40 PM
    I challenge you to try and install as many useful apps as it takes for you to completely run out of memory.
    Snafufubar likes this.
    09-14-11 04:28 PM
    HI JACKED THREAD!!!!!!!!! :eek

09-14-11 07:56 PM
    Mine left her new 9900 and 9860 for the Galaxy S2. She never even looked back. Come to think of it, I did not either
    Why are you even posting here? This thread was meant to be a success story of sorts for Blackberry. Obviously there are those who left BB and stay gone. We know that already! Your post adds nothing but negativity in a BLACKBERRY FORUM.
    Now IF you left a somewhat constructive comment like why you left and didn't come back then at least you'd be saying something (even then there are other threads for that), but to say you left and that's it? Well congratulations, you left BB, who cares? You must know for a fact that we BB users do not care.

In fact, if you don't have a BB, then why are you even on this forum?!?!? I doubt the OP went to an iPhone forum to tout that his wife left iOS for BB, or the next poster who came back from Android doubtfully did the same on an Android forum, so why do you do it? what does it add constructively to this forum?? Again, if you added something useful...but you didn't. Why are you wasting your time on this site at all? Especially this thread?

If you're looking to see what the new BB products are to keep abreast of the cell phone world and the good and bad of Blackberry's, then that's fair enough; but to post uselessness, why waste your time? What did it add to your life?

Please limit your comments to constructive comments and leave the useless negative comment out of this forum. It is a BB forum, so YES there will be bias toward positive news at best, and constructive criticism at worst. Anything else, well stop wasting our time and yours and go to your Android forum.

I'm getting soooooo tired of these guys posting sh*t that's useless and has no place for a BB forum.

btw, I have a 9900 and love the phone. The screen is a bit small now that I'm really getting used to touchscreen, but the keyboard is so money I'm starting to type without looking and it's lightning quick and totally effortless :-)
    It's a very solid compromise (the Torch is too heavy to be a viable alternative for me).
    Last edited by nikolas4129; 09-15-11 at 01:05 AM.
    09-15-11 01:02 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD