At the bottom of the page we can see "LTE Tablet Coming Soon" with a picture of the playbook.

Bell Mobility - The fastest network across Canada
    Ayo312 likes this.
    09-14-11 09:43 AM
    Just saw that too over at mobilesyrup, it certainly looks like a playbook. Could be a reason for the delay.
    09-14-11 09:57 AM
    sure why not, add it to the list of "coming soon".

a little bitter this morning!
    09-14-11 10:22 AM
    its not a playbook...couz it do not have led...only front camara
    09-14-11 10:38 AM
    Also shows LTE Superphone coming soon. Colt?
    09-14-11 10:43 AM
    if i were betting, i'd say they wanted to use a generic tablet (which is why the logo is removed) but knew that using an iPad image would make people wonder if the iPad 4G was coming out soon and would hurt current CrApple sales.
    09-14-11 10:52 AM
    Looks like the Motorola Droid and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 if you ask me. Both just got released on Verizon in the US and both have LTE radios.
    09-14-11 10:58 AM
    if i were betting, i'd say they wanted to use a generic tablet (which is why the logo is removed) but knew that using an iPad image would make people wonder if the iPad 4G was coming out soon and would hurt current CrApple sales.
    So what you're saying is RIM now finds its PlayBook as the generic tablet device of choice on Bell Mobility, the one they use in ads because they don't want to hurt iPad sales. Got it.
    09-14-11 11:00 AM
    Looks like the Motorola Droid and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 if you ask me.
    it's a PlayBook. the speaker placement is a dead giveaway.
    09-14-11 11:02 AM
    So what you're saying is RIM now finds its PlayBook as the generic tablet device of choice on Bell Mobility, the one they use in ads because they don't want to hurt iPad sales. Got it.
    no.

what i'm saying is, they didn't use an iPad because people would assume a 4G/LTE iPad was releasing and wouldn't buy the current 3G.
    09-14-11 11:03 AM
    what i'm saying is, they didn't use an iPad because people would assume a 4G/LTE iPad was releasing and wouldn't buy the current 3G.
    Exactly. Bell isn't willing to risk current iPad sales, but they have no problem risking current PlayBook sales, according to your theory.
    09-14-11 11:23 AM
    Exactly. Bell isn't willing to risk current iPad sales, but they have no problem risking current PlayBook sales, according to your theory.
    there currently is no 3G/4G PlayBook option.

what sales would be at risk?
    09-14-11 11:39 AM
    there currently is no 3G/4G PlayBook option.
    yes there is. bridged playbook is perfect 3g after last OS update.

when will people stop selling this wonderful device short?

i think its just too much for the simple punter to understand.

you have to dig down a bit to find the gold, much like all the best things in life.

(no caps, sent from playbook)

edit: i'm not really flaming you ossubass, sorry about that if it reads that way. i just get a bit sick of reading all the 'playbook fail' tweets, and it just culminated rather randomly on your post.. ;-)
    Last edited by bAAx; 09-14-11 at 04:50 PM.
    09-14-11 04:43 PM
    edit: i'm not really flaming you ossubass, sorry about that if it reads that way. i just get a bit sick of reading all the 'playbook fail' tweets, and it just culminated rather randomly on your post.. ;-)

huge PlayBook fan here. i've had it since release and have taken it with me to work everyday.

i don't believe it's a fail.

though, i do understand what you're saying.

no harm.
    09-14-11 06:25 PM
    I just dont see many people jumping on any tablet and adding a data plan for it, I could see it with a tablet that also makes phone calls as some are doing now but to add a extra data plan for a tablet? Noway for me
    09-14-11 06:54 PM
    huge PlayBook fan here. i've had it since release and have taken it with me to work everyday.
    same here :-) just to confirm the 'fail' remark was completely unrelated to you or your post.. i just regularly search for 'playbook' (and 'bold 9900', incidently) on twitter to see what ppl are saying, and there is quite a bit of ignorance/negativity there (the 9900 gets a lot of love from the peeps the other hand. the power of marketing?)
    ..and sorry for the hijack, op
    osubass1 likes this.
    09-15-11 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD