I have just discovered the world of theme building and am very intrested to no what I am supposed to use Composer.

P.S if anyone is willing to mentor me please contact me at [email protected]
    09-13-11 08:37 PM
    With Composer you make SVG files for your theme that change the looks of a theme.

What am I doing? I am speaking things that would fly at supersonic speed over your head.

Please Google your query to see demos and then you would be okay to use composer for your first theme.
    abert000 likes this.
    09-14-11 12:15 AM
    LoL at supersonic speeds...

Anyway...

Composer can do whatever you want it to...

And a good place to start is a few tutorials by Matt Ginzberg...check em out on bbthemelab.com

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    abert000 likes this.
    09-14-11 10:55 AM
    Please Google your query to see demos and then you would be okay to use composer for your first theme.
    I have multiple times but i couldn't find any tutorials that really help
    09-17-11 08:11 AM
    Composer allows you to do things like sliding docks and all the fancy stuff.... The real goal is to learn svg coding and do it by hand! Then not use composer at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 10:01 AM
    Composer allows you to do things like sliding docks and all the fancy stuff.... The real goal is to learn svg coding and do it by hand! Then not use composer at all

The problem with doing it by hand is the placement of the objects, takes a bit more to get it just right, a lot of trial and error it seems...I use composer to generate the base code then alter the svg to suit my needs...but I'm sure static will agree that composer tends to add a lot of unecessary code...its wordy.

09-17-11 10:58 AM
    The problem with doing it by hand is the placement of the objects, takes a bit more to get it just right, a lot of trial and error it seems...I use composer to generate the base code then alter the svg to suit my needs...but I'm sure static will agree that composer tends to add a lot of unecessary code...its wordy.

Composer is more than wordy....it is downright counterproductive.

Once you dabble enough and start with a logical origin (0,0 for example) then everything makes a lot more sense.
    StaticFX likes this.
    09-17-11 02:47 PM

I just started handcoding.. Honestly i'd never go back to using CP by itself. that being said i use CP for placement so it avoids the guessing.
    09-18-11 12:33 AM
    With Composer you make SVG files for your theme that change the looks of a theme.

What am I doing? I am speaking things that would fly at supersonic speed over your head.

Worst answer ever!!! hows that supposed to help anyone? Jeez!
    09-18-11 01:50 AM
    Composer is more than wordy....it is downright counterproductive.

Once you dabble enough and start with a logical origin (0,0 for example) then everything makes a lot more sense.
    EXACTLY!! you cant believe how much extra code CP adds!! as Wu says... if you change your code to be Min/Min 0,0 based instead of the default mid/mid (meaning 0,0 is the middle) its MUCH easier.
    09-19-11 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD