Ok I have now had two Otterbox cases fail back to back. I had a defender that simply cracked... the holster not the case itself. And now I look down and find the top of my new commuter case cracked on my shiny new 9810.

I am thinking I'm just going to go caseless... but I would love some suggestions. What non otterbox options do you folks like?
    09-13-11 07:03 PM
    You probably just had a run of bad luck. Ive had several of their cases and they have always been solid. With that being said I returned the 9930 defender. I seriously wonder wtf the designers were thinking. A pull-out holster with a clip that latches for a case stand every time you pull on it. Dumbest thing I have ever seen.
    09-14-11 03:13 PM
    I would say sedio

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 09:55 PM
    Ok I have now had two Otterbox cases fail back to back. I had a defender that simply cracked... the holster not the case itself. And now I look down and find the top of my new commuter case cracked on my shiny new 9810.

I am thinking I'm just going to go caseless... but I would love some suggestions. What non otterbox options do you folks like?
    I always use otterbox defender series,with my bb's including my playbook.

They have the best customer service,I have had them replace at no cost to me any case that had problems.

You should contact them and see what they can do for you,they really do take care of their customers.
    09-28-11 06:19 AM
    Otterbox all the way. Had the defender on both my 9530 and 9550.
    The holster on the 9550 model broke, but they replaced it.
    The commuter for my 9650 was the best case I ever had. Until I got the one for the 9850...awesome case. Can't wait to throw this thing down the stairs lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-29-11 10:24 AM
    have you contacted otterbox regarding the issues with the cases? they'll usually ask for a pic of a few things on the case itself and they'll send a replacement for you. worth a shot, their customer service have been great with any issues I and my friends have had.
    09-30-11 06:06 PM
    WOW, I've been using Otterbox cases for both my Bold 9650(commuter series) and my PlayBook(defender series) and have dropped both devices several times with no damage to cases or devices. Needless to say, but Otterbox products have worked well for me. .
    Last edited by spencerdl; 10-02-11 at 09:28 PM.
    10-02-11 09:22 PM
    I just got my Otterbox Defender case today that I won in a contest here recently and I'm just curious - Has anyone had trouble peeling those paper tabs off the screen protector?? They do not come off cleanly and by the time I'm done struggling with it, the protector is all smudged and bent from my efforts - and the paper is still on there!!

Frustrating.......
    10-03-11 01:03 PM
    I just got my Otterbox Defender case today that I won in a contest here recently and I'm just curious - Has anyone had trouble peeling those paper tabs off the screen protector?? They do not come off cleanly and by the time I'm done struggling with it, the protector is all smudged and bent from my efforts - and the paper is still on there!!

Frustrating.......
    The actual screen protector is sandwiched between two sheets of plastic. Both have paper tabs glued to them so you can peel it away from both sides of the screen protector film. I have a commuter and didn't use the sp. I've had it 3 weeks and not a single mark. Rides in my pocket all day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 10:21 PM
    otterbox works for me (8320) there customer support is really nice, instead of just buying a new case email them and get yourself a free replacement (most likely) the only issue with mine is the rubber stretches sometimes while its in the holster, other than that no complaints i love mine,
    10-11-11 02:33 AM
    The actual screen protector is sandwiched between two sheets of plastic.
    LOL....are you kidding me??? Man, I really ought to start paying more attention. I swear I didn't see it - here I am pulling on those damn tabs.....boy, do I feel like an *****.
    10-11-11 03:24 PM
    LOL....are you kidding me??? Man, I really ought to start paying more attention. I swear I didn't see it - here I am pulling on those damn tabs.....boy, do I feel like an *****.
    I did the exact same thing after receiving my case today. Spent 15 minutes trying to remove the tab when it was attached to a second protective shield for the screen protector.
    10-14-11 01:55 PM
    Well, I called Otterbox and explained my predicament - they're sending a new protector at no charge even tho it was my own stupidity that messed it up. They even congratulated me on my win. Wonderful customer service!! Thank you, Otterbox!
    10-17-11 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD