Hi,

Seeing as blackberries contain so much personal info, what if I don't want you to use my phone? hehe

Is there a way to LOCK everything on the phone, except for say outgoing calls? (when people want to borrow your phone for a quick call)
    08-24-08 07:04 PM
    If it's a stranger, I usually tell them it costs me money if they make an outgoing call. Once, I said that to a guy on the bus (I didn't want to lend him my phone, he looked a bit creepy), and he was getting off the bus at my stop and mumbled "thanks b*tch!" right behind me. It was scary!

I let people I know use it if they need to. But not strangers.
    08-24-08 07:10 PM
    Strangers are the safe ones, it's the girlfriend or brother that will ruin you with a lent phone
    08-24-08 07:13 PM
    Don't know if there is any kind of lock but my rule is that for the most part no one uses my phone. A Blackberry is more than a phone and I don't share. If someone really needs to make an emergency call I will let them but they don't walk away with it. I never liked to let anyone use any phone I have had. It is a personal device and no need to share. just how I feel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 07:14 PM
    Did that once and will never do it again. I had so many people call me after that one guy used my phone it was unreal. I just flat out tell them NO!!! Watch out for diseases and everything also. You'll let someone use your Berry and wonder why you have a pus bump on the side of your lip all of a sudden. Yes, ugly thought, but it could happen.

08-24-08 07:24 PM
    Did that once and will never do it again. I had so many people call me after that one guy used my phone it was unreal. I just flat out tell them NO!!! Watch out for diseases and everything also. You'll let someone use your Berry and wonder why you have a pus bump on the side of your lip all of a sudden. Yes, ugly thought, but it could happen.

LMFAO! What kind of people do you hang out with! LOL

Sorry, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
    Last edited by srplummer; 08-24-08 at 07:31 PM.
    08-24-08 07:27 PM

Its been so long since I let anyone use my phone I forgot about the fun of getting a bunch of calls from people I didn't know asking for someone I don't know. That is one of the main reasons not to share your phone. Never thought about diseases. Scary

08-24-08 07:32 PM
    I won''t even let my mama use my phone lol
    08-24-08 07:40 PM
    I only let friends/family use my phone. When I do, I put it on speaker and dial the # for them. My phone is at enough risk being in my hands, I don't need to take that chance with someone elts!

08-24-08 07:57 PM
    I won''t even let my mama use my phone lol
    Same with me!
    08-24-08 08:07 PM
    My co-worker and I have the same phone so we are always looking at each other's phone and helping each other. I've used his and he's used mine. As far as strangers asking me not yet, but I probably will say no due to the fact that it carries so much of my personal info.
    08-24-08 08:12 PM
    I let my husband use my phone (after I dial the number for him); otherwise, the issue has never come up.
    08-24-08 08:40 PM
    As long as the person appears savory, and won't give me a puss bubble on my lip, I say go at it! LOL
    08-24-08 08:43 PM
    No one can use my phone, don't want someone walking off with it or dropping it.

08-24-08 09:53 PM

LMFAO! What kind of people do you hang out with! LOL

Sorry, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
    Lol For real, What kind of people do u hang out with??

I dont let my friends or family use my phone for hours conversations, but if its an emergency then ok. And after i wipe it down lol. I remember one time this guy begged me to use my phone to call someone he was meeting, he wasn't feom around here. He gave me $5 and the whole time he was walking around and I got nervous I thought he was gonna take off with my phone lol. I kept telling him I have to get the bus and I need my phone back now. But never with my BB now! lol
    08-24-08 10:21 PM
    B/F can use in an extreme emergency. Other than that...NO WAY!!!

08-24-08 10:36 PM
    friends & family.

i let 'em
    08-24-08 10:43 PM
    My Blackberry? I think not....what I do have is a nice motorola that will help you out. lol My Blackberry is the wrong answer.....NOT
    08-24-08 10:45 PM
    Yup I agree with most of these posts. The only person I really let use my phone is my family for short convos otherwise, eh its a wrap go find a pay phone. Its not worth having ones text messages and personal info revealed to the world, especially on a device like this one. Keep a lock on all the time anyways.

08-24-08 11:25 PM
    Q: hey dood can I just make a quick call?
    A: er.. tweet tweet tweet , I must be hearing things

eh y0 where we going to eat..

Shwarma King , yah! gimme some of that spice
    its nice ..

y0 don't stare , buy ur own BB Bold
    and we'll show yah the waaaaay of the force!
    08-25-08 12:04 AM
    I don't ever let anyone borrow my bb. To much stuff in it and to many stupid people who like to steal. My phone and nobody elses.
    08-25-08 12:16 AM
    What phone???
    08-25-08 12:42 AM
    I would NEVER let a stranger use my phone and all my friends & family have their own phones, so I can't imagine I would let anyone use it.

08-25-08 12:46 AM
    Hi,

Seeing as blackberries contain so much personal info, what if I don't want you to use my phone? hehe

Is there a way to LOCK everything on the phone, except for say outgoing calls? (when people want to borrow your phone for a quick call)
    I didn't see anyone answer the question, but you can lock your phone and have it allow outgoing calls.

Options>Security Options>General Settings. Scroll down to "Allow outgoing calls while locked.

This way they can't get into your personal info. You can lock the phone down, and they can make a call. You do have to set up a password for this to work though I believe.

And no, noone uses my phone, lol
    08-25-08 12:51 AM
    I'm just trying to figure out the last time anyone asked me to borrow my phone and the last time I asked someone to borrow theirs.
    08-25-08 12:59 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD