I am up for an upgrade at the end of this week, I've had an 8830 and I am thinking about getting the 8330 mainly because of the addition. Flash 96 MB will be really nice compared the 48 MB on my 8830 (of which I have 22 free, but something has been eating my memory quite a bit lately).

I am bedating on waiting to see how the Thunder 9530 turns out but I don't think I can do a touch screen and I really do prefer the full QWERTY keyboard. So am I probably going to go with the Curve.

So far though we have seen the planned releases for other carriers T-Mobile, AT&T, etc but nothing for VZW has there been any rumor that VZW will get the Javelin or Bold?
    08-24-08 06:23 PM
    Nope. If we do it will be a long time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 06:41 PM
    You are proabably right on that one.

I guess I should just go with the Curve.

Any of you guys got the Curve, and if so how do you like it? Have you had any problems with it defects, hardware issues any of that?

08-24-08 07:31 PM
    I love it. Its been the best phone I have had EVER and I go through phones like underwear. Atleast that's what people tell me. I had one issue with the trackball and vzw swapped it out for me.

08-24-08 07:43 PM
    Ok, cool. Yea one thing I love about VZW is the customer service by far the best people to deal with never had a problem with them.

I know this question will be irrelevent since 4.5 is supposibly on the horizon but what are the main differences from 4.2.2 to 4.3 besides, Voice Notes, Custom Playlist, L Theme, and YouTube support?
    08-24-08 07:57 PM
    love the curve
    08-24-08 08:43 PM
    I am in a similar situation. I am eligible for my "new every two" on Wednesday and am going insane with this POS Motorola RAZR. I want a Blackberry. External email is blocked at work, requiring that I wait 12 hours to ever check mail during the day. Additionally, AT&T service doesn't even ring at my desk, as proven by my coworker's failed iPhone experiment. Verizon has great reception and nearly 80% of my minutes are in-network. This in addition to my company having a 19% discount with Verizon.

However, I am perplexed that the Thunder is supposed to be this big deal, and there is NO mention of it on the RIM website. The Bold at least had a page up before release. Aside from internet scuttlebutt the phone might as well be a rumor as far as the real players involved. Not a hint about the release, even a proposed release.

Thus, there is a possible October 13 release of the Thunder, and rumors that it has been moved to December, or later. My contract ends December 27.

Do I get a Curve now on eBay and up my data plan? Would I have to extend my contract to do this? Could I get a Curve and then wait on the Thunder/Niagara to show up? In any situation I have to sign on again at the latest December 27. I would like to choose something that wouldn't require me to pay full retail for a new phone. However, it seems that without any info, I may be forced to wait until December 27, see the Thunder isn't out, get a Curve, then witness the Thunder's release soon after, and sobbingly purchase it at full price.

Woe is me.
    08-25-08 09:13 AM
    I love my Curve and Verizon Customer care is much better than the other carriers. It's so hard to decide on which blackberry to get but I was tired of waiting for the Thunder or Bold.
    08-25-08 03:12 PM
    dont think thunder is comin out in October
    08-25-08 07:03 PM
    when i was in the store i asked the guy that i always buy my phones from and he said that most like after the 1st of the year because they havent said anything about it so most likely will not be out till after the first of the year
    08-25-08 11:28 PM
    u kno as much as i
    08-26-08 02:21 AM
    I love it. Its been the best phone I have had EVER and I go through phones like underwear. Atleast that's what people tell me. I had one issue with the trackball and vzw swapped it out for me.

DITTO! DITTO!
    08-26-08 04:11 PM
    I just got my curve 2 months ago and it is the best phone ever. The keyboard is great and the VZW network is fast. I have reception everywhere I go. I tried the LG dare and hated it, I will never go touch screen again worst experience ever.
    08-26-08 07:00 PM
    Yea someone I know has a LG Dare and I really didn't find it very responsive or accurate, which I don't think a touch it good for me. I'm fine the whole scroll and click concept lol.

I'm probably going to get the Curve either Thursday night or sometime over the weekend.

Do you guys remember what came in the box? I heard it doesn't have the leather belt strap is that true? Does it at least come with a pair of headsets?

08-26-08 07:07 PM
    I know the touchscreen storm in coming out Q4
    09-05-08 10:12 PM
    May I ask how you know this? I have seen no official documentation on this from VZW.
    09-06-08 06:59 AM
    Well I got my Curve on Sunday been using it for almost a week now.. I love the addition memory I run Viigo all day like I use to without worry about my memory.. The Camera is fun to lol.

My only complaint is I have to charge it every night... My BB start at 5:30 a.m. and by 9/10 p.m. the battery it down to 15%, my only complaint. (but that might be normal because of the camera) My 8830 could go like 3 days without needing a real charge.

So far I've been using my 8830 Belt clip for 8330 not the most perfect fit but it will due for now. Does anyone have a belt clip for 8330? I just want to know how smoothly it fits in the belt clip because its a bit rough putting my 8330 in the 8830 belt clip (probably because it the wrong belt clip lol)
    09-06-08 09:11 AM
    Not uncommon to have charge your device everynight. I do as well. not going to hurt it.
    09-06-08 09:12 AM
    I had a Curve with AT&T for 7 months. Had to exchange it 3 times due to continual problems with static and dropped calls. Lost my Curve last week. AT&T let me replace it with a cheapie $40.00 Nokia until the new Berry's are released. Guess what?? I am still having problems with static and dropped calls. At&t has grown tired of my whining and has let me out of my contract and I am heading back to Verizon. My plan is to get another Curve. They are a good phone and pretty cheap to get into these days.
    DA
    09-06-08 11:32 AM
    damn 3 times exchanged in 7 months is crazy
    09-06-08 04:50 PM
    Yea someone I know has a LG Dare and I really didn't find it very responsive or accurate, which I don't think a touch it good for me. I'm fine the whole scroll and click concept lol.

I'm probably going to get the Curve either Thursday night or sometime over the weekend.

Do you guys remember what came in the box? I heard it doesn't have the leather belt strap is that true? Does it at least come with a pair of headsets?

Just got my pink BB on Friday, it comes with a sleeve case but no belt clip and earphones. I purchased a leather case for mine from VZW because I still have a company discount.
    09-06-08 05:15 PM
    Just got my pink BB on Friday, it comes with a sleeve case but no belt clip and earphones. I purchased a leather case for mine from VZW because I still have a company discount.
    I just got the silver Curve from Verizon, less than two weeks ago, and there was a headset included in the box. I wonder why, they didn't include a headset with your pink Curve.
    09-06-08 10:33 PM
    I am in a similar situation. I am eligible for my "new every two" on Wednesday and am going insane with this POS Motorola RAZR. I want a Blackberry. External email is blocked at work, requiring that I wait 12 hours to ever check mail during the day. Additionally, AT&T service doesn't even ring at my desk, as proven by my coworker's failed iPhone experiment. Verizon has great reception and nearly 80% of my minutes are in-network. This in addition to my company having a 19% discount with Verizon.

However, I am perplexed that the Thunder is supposed to be this big deal, and there is NO mention of it on the RIM website. The Bold at least had a page up before release. Aside from internet scuttlebutt the phone might as well be a rumor as far as the real players involved. Not a hint about the release, even a proposed release.

Thus, there is a possible October 13 release of the Thunder, and rumors that it has been moved to December, or later. My contract ends December 27.

Do I get a Curve now on eBay and up my data plan? Would I have to extend my contract to do this? Could I get a Curve and then wait on the Thunder/Niagara to show up? In any situation I have to sign on again at the latest December 27. I would like to choose something that wouldn't require me to pay full retail for a new phone. However, it seems that without any info, I may be forced to wait until December 27, see the Thunder isn't out, get a Curve, then witness the Thunder's release soon after, and sobbingly purchase it at full price.

Woe is me.

FYI: You don't HAVE to sign up again by the end of your contract date . . your contract will keep going month to month and your New Every Two will not expire . .

You also have 30 days to exchange / return devices . . There is however a $20 restocking fee for going to a different device. So if you get the curve and then in 30 days that Thunder / Storm comes out you can exchange to that . .

If its beyond that and you REALLY want the Thunder / Storm THAT BAD then im sure you can sell your curve on eBay for a nice profit
    09-07-08 12:02 AM
    damn 3 times exchanged in 7 months is crazy
    None of the phones had a problem though, it was the service. Yay AT&T

09-07-08 12:03 AM
    as I go through a new phone about every 6 months I have just made the switch from the curve to the bold
    the bold leaves the curve behind but the curve was still the second best phone I have ever handled I much preferred it over the 8800
    very nicely designed easy to use very ergonomic

dont get a touch screen had the iphone for awhile couldnt type anything longer than an sms on it and had to switch back to the blackberry full keyboard (glad I did) stick with qwerty
    09-07-08 12:21 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD