This is my first posting in the forums. I got tired of looking around for titles that match my search, so I figured I'd start a thread. Does anyone know the status of themes supporting OS 7.0 that will fit the 9810? I don't rally like the native theme, and I want to install one that will better suit my needs. Any ideas or news on the subject? Thanks.
    09-12-11 09:06 PM
    There will be no themes for any of the BB7 devices until RIM releases an update to Theme Studio. About the best you can do right now is change your wallpaper.
    66cuda and grassman333 like this.
    09-12-11 09:09 PM
    There is also an app called magicicon that lets you use any picture for an icon for just about any app
    grassman333 likes this.
    09-12-11 09:13 PM
    There will be no themes for any of the BB7 devices until RIM releases an update to Theme Studio. About the best you can do right now is change your wallpaper.
    Wow I didnt know that. You would think they would have updated this before they released their devices or several days after the devices were released.
    09-12-11 09:44 PM
    Wow I didnt know that. You would think they would have updated this before they released their devices or several days after the devices were released.
    I have my own theories on why they don't. A lot of people don't understand how themes work, or how their new BlackBerry works... put those together and the number of support calls to RIM and carriers increases. Kinda hard to troubleshoot a new phone and/or new user when there are 3rd party themes involved.
    Of course, that's just my theory.

It could just be that RIM is slow to release developer tools. :P
    nico2004, NinjaRAT and 66cuda like this.
    09-12-11 09:48 PM
    You would most definitely think so. The fact that OS7 isn't much different than OS6 along with a product delay would have one think WTF. But in fact, RIM has always as Michelle said been a little slow to release Dev tools. Which isn't always a bad thing as they want it to be as right as they can get it. Anywho, look for Theme Studio very soon!!
    09-12-11 10:02 PM
    You would most definitely think so. The fact that OS7 isn't much different than OS6 along with a product delay would have one think WTF. But in fact, RIM has always as Michelle said been a little slow to release Dev tools. Which isn't always a bad thing as they want it to be as right as they can get it. Anywho, look for Theme Studio very soon!!
    There's also the distinct possibility that, despite the similar look and feel, OS7 is a bit more different from OS6 than people think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 10:36 AM
    I would think OS7 would be the most ripe of any BB OS ever for themes. One of the problems I've had with themes, going back to the 9000 on OS 4.6, was that most themes that changed the icons didn't change all of them -- there were always a few white-outlined stock icons left in the mix, which made for a jarring juxtaposition. That wouldn't be the case with OS7 since those white-outlined icons are now gone.
    09-13-11 11:56 AM
    I am also searching for the themes !? Any progress ?
    10-30-11 10:40 AM
    I am having withdrawals because I need my themes. I think that I will go back to my 9800 until they put out the theme builder for OS7.
    10-31-11 02:18 AM
    There was a problem involving OS7 and Theme studio. You can see the article here on CrackBerry

Liquid Graphic broke BlackBerry Theme Studio
    10-31-11 07:58 AM
    Guess we have to wait :'(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 12:40 PM
    BUMP

any new news on this front??
    03-04-12 12:14 AM
    To the themes section. There are many themes available.
    03-04-12 12:54 AM
    to the themes section. There are many themes available.
    dun dun dunnnn tally-oh
    03-04-12 02:56 AM
    The Theme Builder still has not been released for OS7 phones. That limits what theme builders can do for us because of limitations with the work around. Rumor has it that theme builder for OS7 will be released this year.
    03-04-12 07:10 AM
    drkapprentice just released his live banner themes for us 9810'ers.
    You should check it out, pretty sweet. First link gives you the live banner, second link gives you the mini themes with the call notifier but removes the scrolling banner. Pretty cool.
    Here is the link for the forums:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ucky45-705688/

Here are the screen shots from my phone, you can't really see what I mean by scrolling banner so you should give it a shot. It's pretty cool.
    03-04-12 03:27 PM
    The last rumor I read was that the theme builder was going to be ready in June. Do you guys still think this will happen or will they just blow off OS7 users now that BB10 is in the works? I'm just wondering because I have that urge to go park the iPhone for a while and go back to a 9810...
    03-11-12 10:53 AM
    there are some amazing free themes on the 9810 theme thread...made by fellow cb members. id say they are all better than most of the ones for sale on appworld. you guys should check them out and rock your torches out with them
    03-11-12 03:54 PM
    Sure wish some of the 9900 themes were ported to 9810 though.
    03-11-12 05:12 PM
    we should be happy ppl like dc and molson are doing themes for us...most of them take manual programming and coding of 75 hours or more for them to be created. all this without an os7 themebuilder AND they have real life jobs . thx boys for all the work
    03-11-12 07:25 PM
    Well, as already stated. There are some awesome, quality themes already available on here - whether free or paid- without the thememaker. Besides, I make it a rule not to stress over things that's not going to change anytime soon.
    03-11-12 07:46 PM
    we should be happy ppl like dc and molson are doing themes for us...most of them take manual programming and coding of 75 hours or more for them to be created. all this without an os7 themebuilder AND they have real life jobs . thx boys for all the work
    BTW, even if the themebuilder(thru some hocus-pocus/fairy dust) gets released, I'll always lean toward purchasing from those that "stepped-up" to make themes for us- whether free or paid, without it.
    03-11-12 07:51 PM
    A lot of the themers left the platform, so I don't think that will be much of a choice...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-11-12 10:34 PM
    A lot of the themers left the platform, so I don't think that will be much of a choice...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    True. So, one can choose to scrutinize/critique what is out there, or take advantage of the good themes that are available and bypass the others.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-11-12 11:00 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD