I will "wife pending" be getting a 9850 on Friday, upgrading from a 9550. Today I was at a Verizon store messing around with the 9850 and noticed my motor function becoming slightly confused having to go back and forth between the full touch screen and having to depress the BB button to go into the menu. Has anyone else experienced this? if so, is it easy to get use to? Thanks in advance.
    09-11-11 10:34 PM
    I have no problem what so eva! You will adapt, my friend!
    09-11-11 10:38 PM
    I'm coming off the same device. You will get used to it and you will so L O V E this phone, especially coming off the S2.

Good luck!
    09-11-11 10:43 PM
    Thanks guys.... I can't wait to get it... My wife seen it today. She said "looks just like what you have now" I just growled at her = ) She can keep playin with her curve!!
    09-11-11 10:57 PM
    Thanks guys.... I can't wait to get it... My wife seen it today. She said "looks just like what you have now" I just growled at her = ) She can keep playin with her curve!!
    Most women could care less about the specifications aspect of a new device.... They usually think upgrading is getting something prettier or something that looks better than what they had previous.

Although that is a bonus to getting a new device, it is not the sole reason.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your new phone when you get it!
    09-12-11 12:40 AM
    yeah i have found myself touching/pressing the screen when i need to hit the BB button. coming from an S2 also. but i will eventially fully adapt. loving the new phone, it rocks.
    09-12-11 03:02 PM
    I have found that some applications and sub-menus you can use just the touch screen to access the full menu and some you can not and have to use the BB button. Doesn't seem to be consistent lending credence to the keyboard OS used for a touch screen device--the only thing that is almost annoying for me.

Hopefully OS 7.X will begin to take more advantage of the touch screen only.
    09-12-11 08:27 PM
    I recently left 9550 as well. You will love whichever os7 device you get. I loved my s2 but the new os blows it away. I grabbed a 9930 bold, but test drove the 9850 also. Was a tough decision but I just couldn't leave the store without the bold...both great devices!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 09:26 PM
    Most women could care less about the specifications aspect of a new device.... They usually think upgrading is getting something prettier or something that looks better than what they had previous.

Although that is a bonus to getting a new device, it is not the sole reason.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your new phone when you get it!
    Danny-you are generalizing here. Ask my husband- who could care less what phone he uses- how I am about my blackberries. He calls them my herion. I have been waiting for this phone since the day it was first mentioned! And not only because it is beautiful- but for the specs as well. Some of my friends are almost as bad as me too!
    09-12-11 09:43 PM
    Danny-you are generalizing here. Ask my husband- who could care less what phone he uses- how I am about my blackberries. He calls them my herion. I have been waiting for this phone since the day it was first mentioned! And not only because it is beautiful- but for the specs as well. Some of my friends are almost as bad as me too!
    lol, hey now! I said most women.... but what I really meant was all the women I know. I meant no disrespect!
    09-12-11 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD