Just Got the Curve 9360 Brand New kinda disappointed with the sound of the speaker though... i was planning to get rid of the Bold 9780 for the Curve 9360 now i have second thoughts.
    The bold sounds more solid but does anyone know if they have the same speaker kit? or can the speaker be upgraded to a bold speaker?
    The other thing is the keyboard lettering is rather faint compared to the Bold.
    if you have the phone in house lighting you cant really make out the letters not good same with a glare you can`t make them out...When it lights up its nice...

Is this a waste of $300.00 plus?

Keep it or Sell it sounds like one of those shows on W network Huh
    09-11-11 05:53 PM
    You paid full price for it?

If its not too late, you can return it and get the bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 07:40 PM
    I still have the bold 9780 but I see on selling ad sites people are selling for 350 plus online
    And if I take it back what reason just because I don't like the sound.. don't think that will fly.
    I think ill try the online selling route first
    Buyers beware the new Curve 9360 has some nice things but has some terrible things as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 06:32 AM
    Hi Guys ,

Need some help here please recently got my new BB Curve 9360 (OS 7), I havent used a BB before on of the great features I had seen in my friends phones was that when you enter details like birthdays /aniversary on a contact it shows up on the calendar but it doesnt on my phone is there an options / settings please help !

Rgrds
    AO
    10-13-11 11:50 AM
    You can unlock it and sell it worldwide for 300 USD on Ebay
    10-13-11 04:47 PM
    I haven't had any of these problems and I've had this phone with me for 3 months, the phone's keyboard is working perfectly fine and everything you've suggested your phone isn't working well with is working perfectly fine with mine, also my friend who has this phone too isn't experiencing any of these problems too, he loves the new Curve and so do I
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    12-13-11 04:45 PM
    I haven't had any of these problems and I've had this phone with me for 3 months, the phone's keyboard is working perfectly fine and everything you've suggested your phone isn't working well with is working perfectly fine with mine, also my friend who has this phone too isn't experiencing any of these problems too, he loves the new Curve and so do I
    Loving my new curve as well, I think the OP's unit was defective, haven't had any of those problems either.
    12-13-11 05:11 PM
    +1 for a Great Phone.

Love the Curve 9360!!!

12-14-11 01:51 PM
    I'm doing perfectly fine with my Curve 9360, I'm not missing anything at all my old 9930...
    12-14-11 02:34 PM
    The keyboard is classic "Curve like" buttons. RIM have kept that, but however much they're not on the same standard as the buttons on the Bold, they're pretty good after 30mins of using it (the very first time, that is)

The only downside I see to this phone is the 800mhz processor. I think the phone is great. It's lightweight, a good look to it, the speakers fine IMO and it's cheap (UK Carphone Warehouse - �230, unlocked)
    12-14-11 03:44 PM
    Well when i posted this at first i would say i did not really play with the 9360 too much... i did how ever decide to keep it and get use to it and i am proud to say am a full time user of the Curve 9360... And i do like the over all performance except for the battery still an issue... the Bold 9780 got put up for sale
    I am still finding small issues with this phone but have received a lot of compliments as well..
    Happy Curving 9360 Folks
    12-14-11 07:21 PM
    I want this Phone badly..
    12-14-11 11:23 PM
    I have my curve now for a week and it's a great phone
    12-15-11 01:45 AM
    OK so 9360 or 9790 coming from 9780
    12-18-11 03:10 PM
    OK so 9360 or 9790 coming from 9780
    Either one is an upgrade from the 9780
    12-18-11 06:39 PM
    I just got my new curve today, still getting used to it not being a touch screen as my other phone is a torch. The curve is a work phone so no choice in what one I could get. paired up to the playbook straight away which is good.
    01-26-12 08:58 AM
    I love my curve, just wish the battery could last longer.
    01-27-12 11:22 AM
    man you better take it back and get the bold 9900 or whichever one that is with your carrier.....$300 is to much to not be satisfied with a phone
    01-27-12 11:58 AM
    Hi everyone. A little advise here please. My 9780's contract is due for renewal and I like the 9360 but I still wonder about:

1- Battery life: I always carry a spare battery with me but mostly because I like to run them all the way down to red and then change for a fresh one. (I like having full cycles and still believe it's the best practice). I usually get a day and a half on my 9780 on workdays and usually all of the weekend on a single charge.

2- Camera quality: Is "EDOF" any good? I've read so many reviews about it and still can't quite tell if it's a step down or not from my Bold 9780's camera. I just take some pics of my 1 year old baby and like the quality of good pics but hate the wait for the autofocus to work. Is the 9360 it at least going to be faster?

So my question is; 9780 -> 9360 is an upgrade? Am I better off with my 9780 for another while?

PS I've considered going 9900 but I'd have to pay for it and the 9360 I'd get for free. And although I love the Bold's keyboard the phone itself is too big for my pockets.
    01-28-12 09:54 AM
    Hi everyone. A little advise here please. My 9780's contract is due for renewal and I like the 9360 but I still wonder about:

1- Battery life: I always carry a spare battery with me but mostly because I like to run them all the way down to red and then change for a fresh one. (I like having full cycles and still believe it's the best practice). I usually get a day and a half on my 9780 on workdays and usually all of the weekend on a single charge.

2- Camera quality: Is "EDOF" any good? I've read so many reviews about it and still can't quite tell if it's a step down or not from my Bold 9780's camera. I just take some pics of my 1 year old baby and like the quality of good pics but hate the wait for the autofocus to work. Is the 9360 it at least going to be faster?

So my question is; 9780 -> 9360 is an upgrade? Am I better off with my 9780 for another while?

PS I've considered going 9900 but I'd have to pay for it and the 9360 I'd get for free. And although I love the Bold's keyboard the phone itself is too big for my pockets.

1. Battery life is very variable and depending on what you're doing it can vary greatly. If you happen to be in a WiFi zone (Home, school, work etc) always take advantage of that feature. The battery lasts a LOT longer when connected to a WiFi source since the phone does not have to work hard at all to maintain a data connection with the cell tower.

2. The EDoF camera works well providing you are not taking macro photos. It can snap photos very quickly because it is an EDoF camera.

The 9360 is an upgrade from the 9780, in regard to most aspects. Most notably the camera being arguable since it is not an autofocus camera. All in all, I find myself enjoying my Curve 9360 and I use it extensively during the day.
    retomex likes this.
    01-28-12 11:32 AM
    yea....the battery does seem to last longer with wifi.....unlike 3g , which constanly searches for something could eat battery....i noticed that when wifi is off and 3g is on by it self.....also turn off 3g and change it to 2g only....that helps save battery alot too when not using wifi.....and as always, keep a car charger and wall charger with you just incase you need to charge while on the go.
    retomex likes this.
    01-28-12 11:50 AM
    update your phone to .579 which is at the top of the forums stickied, its so much better that all these complaints will go away!
    01-29-12 07:40 PM
    update your phone to .579 which is at the top of the forums stickied, its so much better that all these complaints will go away!
    Isn't .594 stickied at the top?
    01-29-12 07:50 PM
    Isn't .594 stickied at the top?
    Yep, there's another official OS as well, its .584 or something like that, I know its not the latest but hey sometimes earlier builds do work better. In our case we basically have to test every build since its been so unpredictable.
    01-29-12 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD