I own a blackberry Torch and a samsung focus. Due to numerous problems with my 5th torch, my focus is my primary phone. HOWEVER. Last night during our 7 hours blackout. Between my focus (ATT), my friends iphone4 (ATT), and my boyfriends trusty bold 9780, the focus and iphone couldnt get service and battery died very quickly. we had to run to campus with our phone chargers to bring them back to life. The bold? Full battery, full service (tmo) no problems. we called everyone and browsed forever to get updates on the outage. I can't comment on how many users either ATT nor tmo has in SD so maybe there was an overloading problem but I have never wished for my old bold 9700 so much than last night.

That's all. Yay for blackberry or I wouldnt have known WHAt was going on last night.
    09-09-11 03:45 PM
    EPIC story shows the awesome power of BB and RIMPpire!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 06:32 PM
    Nice way to go bold saves the day , I wanna change from my curve to a bold soon darnit!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 07:57 PM
    similar posts appeared during the East Coast hurricane. Messages still getting thru even though calls could not.
    09-10-11 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD