i have a blackberry curve 8520 and it will not load past the blackberry loading screen ( black screen, says blackberry, but has empty loading bar).

i connected it to the desktop manager and checked software it says "there is no blackberry device software installed on your computer".

installed components on device are:
    blackberry device manager 6.0.0.30
    bb devmgr 4.2.0.12
    rim usb driver 4.2.0.12
    rim usb serial driver 2.2.0.3
    playbook rndis driver interface 1.0.0.16
    app loader 6.0.1.33

the device will not connect with the desktop manager i assume because it cannot locate the pin, but inside the phone it tells me the pin but there is nowhere to input the digits.
    09-09-11 03:01 PM
    Is it able to connect to the computer, can you get into the external memory or does the computer act like it is trying to connect to the device. just wanted to be sure its not a faulty usb port or cable first before anything else
    squirellbear likes this.
    09-09-11 03:20 PM
    Hi bustermin, thanks for the reply.
    I connected the BB today and it read the device pin, then it said BB desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device.
    So i clicked update, then it read, checking for updates.
    It then found the update, clicked update now, "please wait while your BB device software is updated.
    Reads Reconnecting JVM, gets about half-way through then reads, "connection prompt" app loader was unable to connect with device. re-connect device, enter password, click retry.
    tried twice but failed at same hurdle.
    09-10-11 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD