Hello everyone.

So my boss just upgraded from an OS5 bold to the new 9930 running OS7. Today he approached me saying that his meeting requests not in the calendar, but only in the inbox. I know that on my OS6 phone the requests go directly to the inbox as well, but he was asking if there is any way that OS7 meet requests can be configured to work as they did in OS5, i.e. go to the calendar directly.

If this is/isn't possible, please let me know.

Thanks
    09-09-11 11:32 AM
    Pretty sure...I received an invitation from a company today and accepted on my computer. It was also showing on my BB, yet I didn't do anything with it on the device except open it as it was still in my inbox.

Check it out.
    09-09-11 03:53 PM
    Hello everyone.

So my boss just upgraded from an OS5 bold to the new 9930 running OS7. Today he approached me saying that his meeting requests not in the calendar, but only in the inbox. I know that on my OS6 phone the requests go directly to the inbox as well, but he was asking if there is any way that OS7 meet requests can be configured to work as they did in OS5, i.e. go to the calendar directly.

If this is/isn't possible, please let me know.

Thanks
    First off, is your boss connected through BES or BIS? On BES, if set up correctly and using an Exchange server, meetings should automatically be added to your exchange calendar and thus be synced to his BB calendar OTA. This is assuming he is using Exchange through BES though.

If on BIS things get a little more complicated as there really is no syncing between exchange and BB OTA unless your local outlook is synced to, say, a Google calendar which in turn is synced OTA to your BB. This is how I have my Exchange calendar "synced" to my BB since I dont use BES. If not, then exchange will not sync OTA.

Both of the above assume the use of exchange calendar though. If you are referring to any other type of email calendar could you be more specific and I or someone else on here can see if we can help answer your question.
    09-09-11 04:31 PM
    Hello folks.

Thank you for the replies. I think you have misunderstood me.

At my company, we run a BES (i think v4.1 but not sure). On my boss' old device, whenever he received a meeting invite to his phone, the invite appeared both in his inbox AND his blackberry calendar (he of course received the invite on his desktop outlook calendar as well). Now on his new bb9930, he doesn't receive the invite to his blackberry calendar, it only goes to his blackberry inbox (and his desktop calendar).

What I am asking is if there is a way to set meeting invites to appear on the bb calendar alongside the inbox invite as well, or was this feature removed in OS6/OS7?

I hope I am a bit clearer this time around, I apologize for not getting the question across the first time.

Thanks
    09-12-11 03:37 PM
    I'm having the same problem.
    I sync with Outlook 2010 and have been doing so for years. This is the second time this happens and it has only happened on my 9900, on 2 upgrades, the 2 latest. I have the same email account as default on both, my BB and Outlook, but when I go to create a meeting on the BB I don't see 2 things: the email address the meeting is "attached" to and the invite attendees. One other thing I have noticed is that I get the meeting requests form other people on Outlook but not on my device.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.
    12-21-11 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD