Hi everyone,

Today while I was in the meeting, I had a phone call and since I forgot to put my phone in silence mode, the phone rang while it is in my holster. I took my phone out and push the top button (old habit of pressing the silence button) and suddenly all the apps that were running in the background (message, bbm, browser, phone, etc... they all popped up and yet the ringer was still going.. It was rather an embarrasing moment for me. Does anyone miss the silence button? I know I do because I had to pull my phone out of the holster everytime to stop the ringer instead of that convenience button that I can press it while my phone is in the holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 11:42 PM
    I can see the habit, but I got used to the Style so I am luckily not affected by this. I believe the volume buttons, if you tap one while its ringing, will silence it.
    09-08-11 11:46 PM
    I think you can set the convenience key to be your silent profile, but I don't know for sure since I don't have a bold or os7 Hope that helps!

09-08-11 11:47 PM
    The silence/mute button is the one between the volume keys.
    funnykindel and Chrisy like this.
    09-08-11 11:49 PM
    Oh yeah... This has been an issue for me too. Being able to mute incoming calls with a touch of a button was one of my favorite features of my 9630. Luckly, I've never been a fan of the holster (skin only) so now I use the "ringer off" option on the touch-screen. I think those that use a holster are now forced to pull it out to silence calls... Bummer ; (

09-09-11 12:05 AM
    Thank you so much for the tip...

09-09-11 12:07 AM
    You should also be able to hold Q to quickly toggle the vibrate profile.
    NinjaRAT likes this.
    09-09-11 01:35 AM
    Thank you so much for the tip...

You can also press any volume button, up or down, all mobile phones do this to silence a ring.

09-09-11 01:41 AM
    You can also press any volume button, up or down, all mobile phones do this to silence a ring.

Another great tip.. Thank you!

09-09-11 01:58 AM
    thanks, i was wondering what that button was for but i was lazy to look at a manual
    09-09-11 02:28 AM
    When you're on your home screen, the volume up/down and mute key is suppose to do nothing right?

09-09-11 04:51 AM
    When you're on your home screen, the volume up/down and mute key is suppose to do nothing right?

No, Practically every mobile phone I ever had going back 15 years or so have had this feature, if the phone rings and you press one of the volume buttons the ringer will be silenced. I don't know how you guys have missed it.
    09-09-11 04:57 AM
    That trick used to work on my 9650, but it doesn't work with my 9930 in the holster. It will work out of the holster. In holster=a call comes in, I hit the rocker button and it mutes the ringtone for a moment, then it starts ringing again. Out of holster=a call comes in, I hit the rocker or the trackpad and the ringtone is muted and stays muted. Anyone know of a way to mute the ringtone while in the holster and KEEP it muted for that call? Thanks so much.
    10-09-11 11:59 AM
    The problem on my 9810 is that hitting the volume keys or the mute button will silence the phone for one ring - only a matter of a second or two then it starts ringing again. On my 8900 you could hit any of these buttons and it would silence the ringer - period. Now, outside the holster this method works. But when my 9810 is in the holster pressing the button only silences its for one ring and will immediately come back on. How do I fix this?
    10-14-11 04:35 PM
    You should also be able to hold Q to quickly toggle the vibrate profile.
    Just a minor clarification, it toggles between the last used profile. So say you used Loud and Normal, it might actually switch to the Loud profile . Just have to make sure you used the vibrate profile last.
    10-14-11 04:47 PM
    Just a minor clarification, it toggles between the last used profile. So say you used Loud and Normal, it might actually switch to the Loud profile . Just have to make sure you used the vibrate profile last.
    Just another minor clarification, it toggles between vibrate always and the last used profile

10-14-11 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD