I keep seeing comments about people not seeing their "friends" paying $4.99 to share music with them.

You DO NOT have to have even a single "real" friend with BBCM. BBCM was designed to be a social/viral experience and you can add ANYONE who uses it to your contact list.

I currently have nearly 10,000 songs available to me and I barely know any "real" friends from my contact list.

Hope that clears the air up.

***edit***

need to bump this for the noobs now that it has launched.

There is a tab where you see updates (the one that looks like an arrow). It shows you when friends have started sharing with other people and the songs they've added, etc.

When you see your friends adding others, all you need to do is click on their names and send them an invite from within BBM Music itself. No need to send to BBM, email, PIN, etc.

Thanks
    Last edited by shlammed; 11-02-11 at 11:23 AM.
    jesse_h, JR A, Jake2826 and 4 others like this.
    09-08-11 10:06 PM
    Agreed. I downloaded it only last night and have added a bunch of people (thanks to this forum) and have access to around 800 songs now. I don't know one of them personally.
    09-09-11 09:18 AM
    I get that part. But I'm a bit confused on how to add them.

Do I have to add a person to BB messenger first, and then add them to music? Or is there some way in Music to add other people. When I go to add a contact in BBM Music, all I can do is invite people over BBM or e-mail. I don't really want to add a bunch of strangers to my BBM just to be able to get at my music.
    09-15-11 12:45 PM
    I get that part. But I'm a bit confused on how to add them.

Do I have to add a person to BB messenger first, and then add them to music? Or is there some way in Music to add other people. When I go to add a contact in BBM Music, all I can do is invite people over BBM or e-mail. I don't really want to add a bunch of strangers to my BBM just to be able to get at my music.

If they are not currently a BBMusic contact of one of your current BBMusic contacts, then yes, you would have to add them as a BBMessenger contact first (unless there was an update that changed this).

However, just look at the contact lists of your current BBMusic friends and add all of their contacts. You don't have to do add them to your messenger contacts, and you can do this all within the BBMusic app.
    09-15-11 01:26 PM
    You don't have to add them as a BBM contact. Options are "BBM Contact" "Email" "BBM Group" or "PIN". The best thing to do would be to join one of the BBM Music groups and go through there. Once you have some contacts you can start inviting their contacts through the Recent Updates stream in app.
    09-15-11 04:53 PM
    Yep. People are still confused about it. However, I still think it's a PITA to have to invite contacts to share just to get a possible* addition of 50 tracks each.

* New contacts may not have added 50 tracks, some tracks may be duplicates of yours, some tracks may duplicates of other contacts.
    09-15-11 06:12 PM
    If they are not currently a BBMusic contact of one of your current BBMusic contacts, then yes, you would have to add them as a BBMessenger contact first (unless there was an update that changed this).

However, just look at the contact lists of your current BBMusic friends and add all of their contacts. You don't have to do add them to your messenger contacts, and you can do this all within the BBMusic app.
    This is incorrect. I have like 30ish BBM Music contacts and only a handful of those are actual BBM contacts. Been like that since day 1.

Add via email address or through your other contacts, or do as I have done and just accept incoming requests. lol

People can ask to add you to BBM, or you can block that from within BBM.
    09-15-11 07:05 PM
    Yep. People are still confused about it. However, I still think it's a PITA to have to invite contacts to share just to get a possible* addition of 50 tracks each.

* New contacts may not have added 50 tracks, some tracks may be duplicates of yours, some tracks may duplicates of other contacts.
    so remove them and add someone else?

duh
    09-25-11 09:27 PM
    Shlammed, that's kind of my point. You have to spend so much time and effort to get as many tracks as you can. Why pay for a service that requires the user to do all the heavy lifting? I have a busy life (somewhat) and like simplicity. If I'm paying, you're serving ME. If it's free, then I don't mind doing some leg work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 11:52 PM
    I keep seeing comments about people not seeing their "friends" paying $4.99 to share music with them.

You DO NOT have to have even a single "real" friend with BBCM. BBCM was designed to be a social/viral experience and you can add ANYONE who uses it to your contact list.

I currently have nearly 4000 songs available to me and I barely know any "real" friends from my contact list.

Yep ditto! And you know what. You can still become friends with people on there. Very well spoken! I start to love RIM's idea behind this!
    09-26-11 12:48 PM
    Shlammed, that's kind of my point. You have to spend so much time and effort to get as many tracks as you can. Why pay for a service that requires the user to do all the heavy lifting? I have a busy life (somewhat) and like simplicity. If I'm paying, you're serving ME. If it's free, then I don't mind doing some leg work.

I am with you on this, also, I am getting very tired of each song pausing to download 3-5 time during each song. They need to be cached on SD card just like my other music.

I do like seeing what others like for there 50 songs.

But no way will I pay for a service that can not stream music uninterrupted, this happens whether I am WI-FI or 3G......
    09-26-11 08:20 PM
    Lost in Kazakhstan for the last 6 weeks, now I want to try BBMM, can I get an invite please. 32F72275 Thanks in advance..
    09-27-11 06:17 AM

There is a tab where you see updates (the one that looks like an arrow). It shows you when friends have started sharing with other people and the songs they've added, etc.

When you see your friends adding others, all you need to do is click on their names and send them an invite from within BBM Music itself. No need to send to BBM, email, PIN, etc.

Thanks
    11-02-11 11:23 AM

Umm, what? Seriously, going through your friends list and deciding who you want to keep is too much work? The phone should automatically sort that out for you?

What time and effort does it take to scroll down a list and select "add" at random intervals?

smh
    11-02-11 11:29 AM
    I am with you on this, also, I am getting very tired of each song pausing to download 3-5 time during each song. They need to be cached on SD card just like my other music.

I do like seeing what others like for there 50 songs.

But no way will I pay for a service that can not stream music uninterrupted, this happens whether I am WI-FI or 3G......
    Hmm. Lets see, you can set an option to Auto Cache. If you are still having issues, let them know on BB Beta Zone.

BTW, there is also a free service option.
    11-02-11 11:31 AM

I currently have nearly 10,000 songs available to me and I barely know any "real" friends from my contact list.

***edit***

Thanks
    Just a litte food for thought for those wondering about the Premium BBM Music account:

50 songs :

iTunes cost (apx) $50-100.00 (total)
    sharing: apx 30sec clip
    playlist creation: what you own on puter/devicwe

BBM Music

cost: $4.99/month
    sharing: full song/ unlimited
    playlist creation: My list/friends list (limited by # of friends)*

*Keep in mind you can swap songs on and off your main list but a playlist stays as just that, a list meaning infinite variety

BBM Music over time can be far more cost effective and give more vairety than itunes...the more I look at it the happier I didn't go i
    NuNalij likes this.
    11-03-11 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD