Remember the Fantasy Football App that Universal Mind built and demoed last November?

Is this ever going to come out? I was really looking fwd to using it this year
    09-08-11 03:51 PM
    Nothing, yet! I've been bumping the other thread about FF app, in hopes of getting one....
    09-08-11 04:11 PM
    I think in the other post the developer said it was just a demo and they would only develop if rim would make some kind of contract/monetorial agreement to develop. Basically a guaranteed amount of money in order to create the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 05:12 PM
    I am working on a fantasy football app for yahoo. Hopefully I can get it done in the next week or so. I will post updates when it is ready.
    thedark722, tprime and tryfe like this.
    09-08-11 06:07 PM
    Remember the Fantasy Football App that Universal Mind built and demoed last November?
    Is this ever going to come out? I was really looking fwd to using it this year
    No its not coming out.(there was already another thread discussing this).
    It was a demo made for RIM. RIM used it brilliantly to deceive foolish people like me who thought just because RIM showed the demo it was actually coming. Ofcourse it is not RIM's fault. They never said it is actually going to be released but showed it just for the heck of it, I guess.
    09-08-11 06:18 PM
    FYI: The Yahoo! Fantasy Football StatTracker works very well on the PB browser!
    09-08-11 08:10 PM
    thanks for the info everyone. This blows that app looked great
    09-08-11 08:12 PM
    I am working on a fantasy football app for yahoo. Hopefully I can get it done in the next week or so. I will post updates when it is ready.
    any updates on this? I have been thinking on attempting to do the same but not just for Yahoo, but for like ESPN or NFL.com, is it hard to find coding and such for this? I would love any feedback on this......

This would be my first app and think that it would be good to start with something like this.....
    09-21-11 01:41 PM
    if you do you will be my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that I can get the full yahoo site on my pb but some of the quirks with using it can be really annoying because the site isn't really touchscreen optimized....scrolling on the roster page is the biggest PITA of all.

man!!! if you can get it done, and if RIM approves it quickly, you will definitely be my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    michjarv likes this.
    09-21-11 03:51 PM
    I am making progress just having some small minor issues. It is only for yahoo for now as I haven't found a way yet for espn or nfl.com but still looking. I ran into a few snags but it is coming along. I will try to update this thread a little more often as progress goes.
    tprime likes this.
    09-21-11 04:53 PM
    that sounds cool, as TheDark said, u will be all our heros...and the fact that I play in a CrackBerry fantasy league through Yahoo, I'm sure the others in the league with PB's will love it also......can't wait....
    09-21-11 07:41 PM
    if you do you will be my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that I can get the full yahoo site on my pb but some of the quirks with using it can be really annoying because the site isn't really touchscreen optimized....scrolling on the roster page is the biggest PITA of all.

man!!! if you can get it done, and if RIM approves it quickly, you will definitely be my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hey did you try to change the settings to classic instead of drop and drag? option is in the center just below the roster. much easier to use in classic.
    thedark722 likes this.
    09-21-11 08:42 PM
    I think in the other post the developer said it was just a demo and they would only develop if rim would make some kind of contract/monetorial agreement to develop. Basically a guaranteed amount of money in order to create the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I can't believe with the lack of apps for this thing, and RIM using this Fantasy Football app in demos, that RIM didn't pay to have the thing finished, just a demo to con people. Maybe they'll do it after DevCon. Who cares if half the season is gone.
    09-22-11 07:40 AM
    hey did you try to change the settings to classic instead of drop and drag? option is in the center just below the roster. much easier to use in classic.
    Agreed. After I switched to classic mode, editing my roster worked like a charm.
    09-23-11 02:52 PM
    For those of you waiting I appreciate the patience. I will be posting up screenshots of what I have so far later today. I am progressing along and have a few more things I have to get done. I am thinking about releasing basically a read-only version right now to allow users to at least view their yahoo fantasy football leagues with an update coming very soon that will allow you to alter your roster and pick up players from the waiver line. Let me know your thoughts on that and if you would be interested in having a read only version for now.

Hopefully my screenshots later on will get the excitement flowing
    09-27-11 12:07 PM
    Is anyone know if there is a Yahoo Fantasy Hockey App in Development?

I know there is a mobile site for the Yahoo Hockey, which is decent, but not the same!
    09-27-11 12:46 PM
    Probably not but 1 good thing that my app has it that the data I can get is for any Yahoo sport. I am currently developing for football but once complete I may take on Hockey next.
    09-27-11 02:16 PM
    Well as promised here are 5 screenshots that I took today and include live data. Hopefully you all like where I am going with the app.

Attachment 94311

Attachment 94312

Attachment 94313

Attachment 94314

Attachment 94315
    09-27-11 02:21 PM
    Awesome work! Make sure you charge a little something to get rewarded for the hard work you put into this. Plus to show that clown shop that made the demo for RIM that they should have finished theirs and made money from selling the app.
    09-27-11 02:57 PM
    Lol. I was planning on charging just haven't decided yet how much. What would you all be willing to pay for an app like this? And thanks I appreciate it.
    09-27-11 03:28 PM
    Ok guys sorry for such the long delay I got real busy with my real job didn't get a lot of time to work on this. I have completed work on getting the application to view your yahoo fantasy football leagues. I just submitted it to App World today so hopefully by next week it will be on App World to purchase. I have it listed for $1.99 and hopefully you all will find it useful. I am working on adding some new features to it as well but depending on time we will see how it goes. Any way I have attached the 10 screenshots I sent to App World here so you all can at least see what it will look like. I definately am interested in everyones feedback on this app and anything that I can do to improve it as well. I appreciate your all's patience.

Attachment 95277

Attachment 95278

Attachment 95279

Attachment 95280

Attachment 95281

Attachment 95282

Attachment 95283

Attachment 95284
    10-14-11 03:34 PM
    FWIW, I have a hard time picking out the opaque images in front of the grass background, but I'll bite because the website is too maddening on a Playbook. Can you get stattracker going?
    10-14-11 05:10 PM
    Stat Tracker works fine for me in Playbook browser.
    10-14-11 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD