i bought a really cheap rubbish case fro my PB and now ive decided to give my little baby a better case.

i want one of those stand convertible cases.

options:
    original convertible case
    minisuit miltiangle case
    blurex case/acase folio

i thought about an ottercase but seems too big and bulky.

any suggestions?
    Last edited by alekza; 09-07-11 at 08:42 PM.
    09-07-11 04:10 PM
    I prefer the 'naked' PlayBook, but when it travels, it's usually in this fine case:

Acase BlackBerry Playbook High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for for Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet - Wifi 16GB, 32GB, 64GB (Black)

All ports & jacks are accessible, it doesn't encroach on the bezel, and best of all, you can quickly take PB out the case without a lot of pulling and tugging.

There's another case by Blurex which appears identical to the Acase, but I haven't tried it.
    09-07-11 05:03 PM
    Big and bulky yes but none of my BB's have ever been in anything but an Otterbox! Other cases my look better but what good is a PB in a nice looking case when its scratched up, or worse yet, broken.

i put my PB in the Otterbox Defender within 2 days of buying it. i removed the screen protector that was on the Otterbox, not because i didn't like it or because it didn't work properly, but because i cant stand fingerprints on the screen or the glare on the screen when using it outside. i replaced the screen protector that came with the Otterbox Defender with the Anti-glare/Anti-fingerprint screen protector from SPG.SGP Blackberry Playbook Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series - Tablets Now its protected, no fingerprints and ready to use indoor and out. (not to mention the built in stand)

The choice is completely yours. The only question you have to as is how important is your PB to you. Besides, the Otterbox Defender looks MEAN on the PB, like it could kick an iPad's a$$ and takes its lunch money!

Mike
    Tigerr likes this.
    09-07-11 05:21 PM
    I've just bought this from Amazon today... it does look identical to the Acase posted earlier:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blurex-Leath...bUvbUpU6657159

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 05:41 PM
    I've been rocking the Incipio Premium Kickstand case:

http://www.myincipio.com/BlackBerry-...stand-Case.asp

I returned a couple others including the convertible case before settling on this one. Worth a look IMO
    09-07-11 05:48 PM
    thanks guys I appreciate your help. I'm looking for something worth less than than $35 as im college student and this is coming out of my pocket ... (parents never liked the idea of me getting a PB in the first place)....

Thanks a lot.
    09-07-11 07:51 PM
    as for the screen i got an invisible shield. Works great. Couple of scratches because of the log nails. right now im using the sleeve that came with the PB.. but i really dont like carrying around naked while using.
    09-07-11 07:58 PM
    Big and bulky yes but none of my BB's have ever been in anything but an Otterbox! Other cases my look better but what good is a PB in a nice looking case when its scratched up, or worse yet, broken.

i put my PB in the Otterbox Defender within 2 days of buying it. i removed the screen protector that was on the Otterbox, not because i didn't like it or because it didn't work properly, but because i cant stand fingerprints on the screen or the glare on the screen when using it outside. i replaced the screen protector that came with the Otterbox Defender with the Anti-glare/Anti-fingerprint screen protector from SPG.SGP Blackberry Playbook Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series - Tablets Now its protected, no fingerprints and ready to use indoor and out. (not to mention the built in stand)

The choice is completely yours. The only question you have to as is how important is your PB to you. Besides, the Otterbox Defender looks MEAN on the PB, like it could kick an iPad's a$$ and takes its lunch money!

Mike
    +1 Big Time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 10:07 PM
    Targus Truss case. It leaves all bezels exposed. It allows use of the volume/reset buttons on the top. It's a convertible case. Nice leather outside and nice padding inside. And it folds pretty compactly. It has an elastic band you can use to keep it closed. But the best part is that you can find it for around $30.00 right now.

I like the ACase described above except when you fold it open, the ACase has the clips that close it facing down. this means that when folded open, it's always on an angle.
    09-07-11 10:52 PM
    I've been using the Blackberry Leather Convertible Case. Inexpensive and covers all of the sides of the Playbook. Only way it is getting scratched it if you drop and lands on glass with flap open.
    09-07-11 10:56 PM
    BestBuy online has the BB Convertible case for $25ish right now... get it!
    09-07-11 11:07 PM
    I bought the Soft shell case for everyday use :
    BlackBerry - Soft Shell for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablets - Black - 36892BBR

Then I have the Otterbox for when I goto outdoors type places.
    09-07-11 11:27 PM
    CB stores currently discounted the Incipio Premium Kickstand now for only $22.95!
    Better grab it while it lasts.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=RBzV1SL2
    09-08-11 01:28 AM
    cool. thnx
    09-08-11 02:02 AM
    whqt about sleeves?
    jjaammzz likes this.
    09-08-11 06:49 PM
    whqt about sleeves?
    Not necessary if you are wearing long opera gloves (sorry, couldn't resist)
    09-08-11 07:30 PM
    hahaha good one!
    09-08-11 07:34 PM
    Targus Truss case. It leaves all bezels exposed. It allows use of the volume/reset buttons on the top. It's a convertible case. Nice leather outside and nice padding inside. And it folds pretty compactly. It has an elastic band you can use to keep it closed. But the best part is that you can find it for around $30.00 right now.

I like the ACase described above except when you fold it open, the ACase has the clips that close it facing down. this means that when folded open, it's always on an angle.
    I have this case as well and it is great
    09-08-11 09:30 PM
    ok... now im between the OEM convertible and tbe acase... any final comments?
    09-09-11 10:31 AM
    OEM case makes it difficult to use the volume buttons because it covers them with hard plastic button covers. It has no padding inside the front flap to protect the screen if it falls face down. And there is no way to secure it closed so, if it falls and the flap opens, it can the screen can make impact with the ground.

aCase looks nice and I like the idea of the clips to lock the case closed. But if you fold it open all the way, the clips point down so it can't lay flat on a surface while charging.

The Targus Truss case has a nice liner to protect the screen. If folds open flat. And it has a band you can pull around the back to hold it closed. I also like the choice of leather on the Truss case better than the OEM. I haven't seen the aCase in person to comment - only in demo videos. The Truss case has been marked down to $29.00 from $45.00 at Stapes which makes it even more appealing now.
    09-09-11 10:57 AM
    The Targus, which I have seen online only, appears to have relatively bulky bezel grips, compared to the Acase, which I use and love. Acase's unobtrusive grips allow for easy cleaning of the bezel while the case is on. Anyway the PB can be removed in seconds, although it cannot fall out accidentally.

The angle at which Acase lies on a tabletop when folded completely back is minimal, but makes the screen easier to read (a fourth position for use). If true lie-flat is desired, lay the case open instead of folded back. All ports are accessible either way.
    09-09-11 11:58 AM
    a friend suggested i should get a case with bluetooth keyboard, are those worth it?
    09-09-11 04:42 PM
    Loving the oem convertible case thinking of getting oem silicone case.
    09-09-11 04:53 PM
    i just got done putting the otterbox on and while it does add bulk, its so worth it.
    09-09-11 04:58 PM
    Went with the Incipio Silicrylic case since it looks exactly like what I would expect the Otterbox Commuter to be. Highly disappointed Otterbox didn't make a commuter case.
    09-09-11 06:40 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD