How many of you used the older Otterbox Defender holster that the phone sides out the top? I like that so much better then the new design that clips in.
    When I take the 9930 out of the holster, I feel like I'm about to break the phone because it's so tight in the holster.

Anyone else feel like this?
    09-07-11 03:28 PM
    I have been using an Obox defender for my various devices. You are correct, the original holster was a very well designed piece of kit, the holsters for the 9700/9780 were horrible. I must have went through 12-15 holsters (all provided by Otterbox at no charge)

I have to say though, the ratcheting holster for the 9900/9930 is very well designed, and looks like they listened to their customers when designing this. Phone is snug in the case, and comes out easily when I need it.
    09-07-11 04:13 PM
    I have been using an Obox defender for my various devices. You are correct, the original holster was a very well designed piece of kit, the holsters for the 9700/9780 were horrible. I must have went through 12-15 holsters (all provided by Otterbox at no charge)

I have to say though, the ratcheting holster for the 9900/9930 is very well designed, and looks like they listened to their customers when designing this. Phone is snug in the case, and comes out easily when I need it.
    How do you get the phone out easily? I feel like I have to pull so hard from the top that I'll break the phone or the holster.
    09-07-11 04:41 PM
    How do you get the phone out easily? I feel like I have to pull so hard from the top that I'll break the phone or the holster.

I have my phone on my left side. I slide two finger over the back edge of the 9900, and pull away from my body. Once the phone comes away from the guides, I pull up, phone releases, Bob is your uncle!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 04:56 PM
    I have my phone on my left side. I slide two finger over the back edge of the 9900, and pull away from my body. Once the phone comes away from the guides, I pull up, phone releases, Bob is your uncle!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Who's Bob?
    09-07-11 07:25 PM
    I bought this holster...and for a week now, it has NOT grown on me for several reasons:

1. The phone is wide to begin with, now it's wider (i.e. harder to hold in one hand before, now its damn uncomfortable).

2. I agree, getting it out of the holster isn't easy.

3. I paid over $50 for this defender, and the rubber sometimes catches on the holster when I reholster it because its such a tight fit.
    09-07-11 07:39 PM
    Who's Bob?
    Bob's your uncle is a common term in america that is used to describe somthing easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 07:48 PM
    Bob's your uncle is a common term in america that is used to describe somthing easy.

British idiom or slang. Not American
    shadysprings likes this.
    09-07-11 08:12 PM

Cool story bro.
    09-07-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD