Hey,

in a few days I�ll get my new 9900. I�m so excited
    My question is how I get all my contacts including numbers, e-mail-addresses, avatar and such things from my iphone to my BB? Is there any other way if you are not using gmail or outlook?
    Hope there is a prgramm which is capabale of doing so....

Jannik
    09-07-11 03:06 PM
    I'm not an iPhone expert. If you don't have a gmail then I would just set one up to use for this purpose. It's the best way that I can think of.
    09-07-11 03:17 PM
    I sync'd my iphone with outlook so it transferred all my contacts. Then when I sync my BB, I have it interact with outlook as well. That way I have all my contacts on the computer for skype as well as on my phone
    09-07-11 03:19 PM
    type them in individually!? lol you had to do that before smart phones and sim contacts were available!
    i do it for every new phone, allows me to clear the numbers i dont use any more and slim down my phonebook
    09-07-11 03:20 PM
    If you don't have a Google account you would have to do it manually.

You can see if your carrier, or a Best Buy / Future Shop / etc would do it for you.

This article may come in handy for you. http://crackberry.com/switching-iphone-blackberry
    09-07-11 03:20 PM
    Many choices if you use Google.com here is just one....

Transfer your contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone or Android | ITworld
    09-07-11 03:28 PM
    I would setup outlook / outlook express, even if you didn't plan on using it.

You can then sync your contacts off your phone to outlook through iTunes, then use the blackberry software to sync from outlook to your black berry.

I'll admit I haven't done this myself, but I'm assuming this would work, I was able to do this on my mac with iTunes / Address book. I've found it handy to have contacts backed up on the PC for this and other purposes...
    09-08-11 01:19 AM
    Definitely do it through Outlook usng iTunes from the iPhone and then DM to the 9900. Not only is this easy, but it has 2 added benefits. First, it gives you a back up of all your contracts. Second, it is much easier to edit contacts on a PC than on any mobile device.
    09-08-11 07:40 AM
    But where can I get outlook? I don�t wanna buy it for a bunch of money just for synchronizing my contacts. Is there any free trail version out there? can�t find anything. Does outlook also transfer the avatars I added to my contacts?
    09-08-11 08:58 AM
    I think there is a trial on the Microsoft website. If not, use Windows Mail, which comes with Windows
    09-08-11 08:59 AM
    Sync your iPhone with address book in your mac. then from there the desktop manager for mac will do the rest when you get your new BOLD!!!
    09-08-11 09:28 AM
    you not need to do the goggle way! been there done that!
    09-08-11 09:28 AM
    But where can I get outlook? I don�t wanna buy it for a bunch of money just for synchronizing my contacts. Is there any free trail version out there? can�t find anything. Does outlook also transfer the avatars I added to my contacts?
    Here is the link to the 60 day trial version of Outlook. You might also try Open Office, it is like Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and it is free, but I dont know if it is compatable with BlackBerry. Good luck

Buy Microsoft Outlook - Try the Email Program | Microsoft Office
    09-08-11 09:38 AM
    Got my Bold, awesome
    Last edited by Smartie020; 09-14-11 at 10:30 AM.
    09-14-11 10:25 AM
    Just published an app today called Migration+ that does contacts transfers from any of the following OSes: iPhone, Android, Blackberry. Works cross-platform. You can find all the respective app store download links @ Intuvio | Home
    mssca likes this.
    05-11-12 02:00 PM
    Using Outlook is the best. Beg, borrow or steal a copy of use a friends laptop that has it and you are done.
    05-11-12 02:04 PM
    Just published an app today called Migration+ that does contacts transfers from any of the following OSes: iPhone, Android, Blackberry. Works cross-platform. You can find all the respective app store download links @ Intuvio | Home
    Looks like a great app and it is free. The only issue I have is that App World will keep a copy of the app under uninstalled apps all the time. RIM should find a way to give us the option to permanently remove an app from our account. I hate having a long list of them... This app will be useful only when you are transferring the data.
    05-11-12 02:09 PM
    I switched my wife from an iPhone 4s to a 9810 a couple weeks ago and it was pretty simple assuming you have a PC/Mac. I started iTunes, plugged in the iPhone, set it to sync in iTunes, when it was done syncing I ejected it and closed iTunes. I then started the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and plugged in the new 9810, set it to sync, let it sync and then ejected the 9810 when the sync was done. It just uses the built in PIM apps of the OS plus iTunes for the music.
    05-11-12 02:19 PM
    This would be a good alternative to Google. I've always used google and had no problems with it. But since Google sync is stopping support for BB then its nice to know someone is still here

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-11-12 02:38 PM
    This would be a good alternative to Google. I've always used google and had no problems with it. But since Google sync is stopping support for BB then its nice to know someone is still here

The Google Sync already have issues with BBs. On my BB it duplicated contacts and Calender events over and over causing a massive issue. I had to delete it, wipe the phone of user data and then restore from a back up on my computer.
    05-11-12 06:45 PM
    type them in individually!? lol you had to do that before smart phones and sim contacts were available!
    i do it for every new phone, allows me to clear the numbers i dont use any more and slim down my phonebook

x2, plus with the 9900/9930 keyboard who wouldn't want to?

05-12-12 06:18 AM
    Aren't contacts saved to your sim for GSM carriers?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-12-12 09:32 AM
    the easiest way i can think of would be by emailing all your contacts as attachments (vcards) and then saving those emails until you get your new phone. then fwd them all to your blackberry, then import!

05-12-12 09:39 AM
    The Google Sync already have issues with BBs. On my BB it duplicated contacts and Calender events over and over causing a massive issue. I had to delete it, wipe the phone of user data and then restore from a back up on my computer.
    Could this be occurring since BIS will sync your contacts/calendar/email then when you install google sync it of course will duplicate these same things. Ask me how I know...if you install google sync, you must disable the syncing process of BIS.
    05-12-12 11:46 AM
    Hello, I am trying to transfer my contacts from my iphone 1st generation to blackberry bold. I do not have my iphone contacts synced to gmail or the icloud (that generation of iphone doesn't even know what iCloud is) and am looking for a quick way to do the transfer. Will the BB Desktop software help me? All I can see is sync contacts between my BB and my computer, however, my iPhone contacts are only on my iPhone not on my computer...
    05-29-13 08:12 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD