anyone want to send a phone to Los Angeles, California?

I know this is risky but IDC I want a bold!
    08-23-08 10:48 PM
    I am checking on a Bold for 2 people on here one who is in LA if you want you can send me your pin and I can text you if they have any at one of the 2 Rogers stores close to my home on Monday. I dont mind but you have to pay shipping and any fees with paypal. I will not be buying and shipping and hoping you pay me either. but you can check my ebay name i can send you and then you can see that I am a customer and i do transactions all the time. just send me a message if you like! we can see what we can do. also i will not be opening the box to show you anything or send you anything it's sealed and will be sealed when you get it. and i will send you the receipt as well. i seen on ebay they were charging 15 to ship to US so that would be the shipping unless you wanted it overnighted or something.
    let me know!
    08-23-08 10:54 PM
    I might be interested in this as well. I'm in Portland OR

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 11:39 PM
    I might be interested in this as well. I'm in Portland OR

i don't mind helping you guys out and shipping them but Im not paying anything I want to make sure everyone understands that. I have paypal you can pay there just like a transaction and then once it is paid for i will ship it to you you pay ebay fees everything Im not paying anything other than the gas to go pick them up and drop at the post office. I have 3 people that have contacted me and I will be going on monday to Rogers and will text them each with the price plus 13% tax which is what i will have to pay. once the money is received item will be shipped if you want it done on ebay then i will list it on ebay and you can buy it that way but because ebay will charge me fees you will be responsible for that. I am not raising the price just being nice as in a few months i might need a favor with the thunder lol!! so please anyone if you would like to do this let me know, also the box will not be opened. im not opening and giving you any info, (unless you ask) proof of purchase will be shipped as well. any request just pm me! but if i dont get back to you fast it's because I am a mom of 2 and a wife and family time is on weekends. I forgot to add my ebay user name as well. thanks tacsniper. lol!! I am same as my user name here. sarfrazfamily Also Im in Ontario that's why my tax is different than that of the other poster.
    Last edited by sarfrazfamily; 08-23-08 at 11:59 PM. Reason: edited to add ebay name and tax info!
    08-23-08 11:45 PM
    deleted deleted
    Last edited by tacsniper; 09-02-08 at 08:48 PM.
    08-23-08 11:55 PM
    So am I to assume that the Roger Bolds will work on the AT&T network?
    08-24-08 12:04 AM
    So am I to assume that the Roger Bolds will work on the AT&T network?
    Its been reported on Pinstack that the Rogers Bold will work on AT&T include email, BBM etc once its unlocked by 3rd party.

UNLOCKED rogers bold works on at&t!!!! - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums

This is whats posted by NICKY88XX via Pinstack

"ladies and gentlemen..... i received my unlocked rogers bold about an hour ago... everything works... pin.. bbm.. everything... its even faster then the one i had previously with the locked pin...... i love it.... its official.... unlocked rogers bold works flawlessly on att........"
    Last edited by tacsniper; 08-24-08 at 12:20 AM.
    08-24-08 12:11 AM
    Its been reported on Pinstack that the Rogers Bold will work on AT&T include email, BBM etc once its unlocked by 3rd party. I wish I can post the URL, but it won't let me

This is whats posted by NICKY88XX via Pinstack

"ladies and gentlemen..... i received my unlocked rogers bold about an hour ago... everything works... pin.. bbm.. everything... its even faster then the one i had previously with the locked pin...... i love it.... its official.... unlocked rogers bold works flawlessly on att........"

send me the link in a pm and i will post it for you i might be able to.
    08-24-08 12:14 AM
    so these bolds that rogers are selling for 600.00 are unlocked?
    08-24-08 12:17 AM
    honestly i have no idea! I am sending whatever someone wants the way it is. but i did see a post about how to unlock the Bold in another thread. So maybe they can help you better with that question. good luck!
    08-24-08 12:19 AM
    so these bolds that rogers are selling for 600.00 are unlocked?
    no you have to find a 3rd party to unlock it for you for about $15 (google is your friend).
    08-24-08 12:19 AM
    Finally got my 10 posts just to post URL, the link is now up for those who want to read it
    08-24-08 12:21 AM
    After reading the pinstack thread I find it interesting to see this:
    antelope1 - "what about the 3g problem switching on and off on ATT. Have you seen a problem with this at all."

not at alllll... for example when my cousins gf was here. her 3g would be at 1 bar then go to 5 then go to edge then back to 3g and so on and so forth. my bold stays 4-5 bars of 3G constantly. also.. he phone which i find to be funny. the iphone 3g when shes on the phone if she leans the phone on her shoulder boop call drops instantly every single time.

NICKY88XX - "i really feel the iphone is a chip malfunction.. not a software one imo.. because everyone i know using one is having 3g reception problems even where 3g is completely drenched coverage."

So, that just gives me new hope the delay isn't as 3g related and hopefully something simple, the states need the Bold at&t =(
    08-24-08 01:11 AM
    After reading the pinstack thread I find it interesting to see this:
    antelope1 - "what about the 3g problem switching on and off on ATT. Have you seen a problem with this at all."

not at alllll... for example when my cousins gf was here. her 3g would be at 1 bar the go to 5 then go to edge then back to 3g and so on and so forth. my bold stays 4-5 bars of 3G constantly. also.. he phone which i find to be funny. the iphone 3g when shes on the phone if she leans the phone on her shoulder boop call drops instantly every single time.

NICKY88XX - "i really feel the iphone is a chip malfunction.. not a software one imo.. because everyone i know using one is having 3g reception problems even where 3g is completely drenched coverage."

So, that just gives me new hope the delay isn't as 3g related and hopefully something simple, the states need the Bold at&t =(
    so are suggesting not getting a Rogers for the US or that it would work fine? I don't want someone to pay money to me to have it shipped then it isnt great for them. even though it's there choice I would still feel bad in general. thanks for the info!
    08-24-08 01:16 AM
    Well from reading all this its evident that it would be fine infact better. Sign me up. Tac I assume somebodys already contacted you so could you give me the total price minus the shipping cuz I'm sure overnighting to NYC and Cali don't cost the same

08-24-08 05:31 AM
    I did a currency exchange rate and 599.99 CAD to USD is 574 and some change, rounding it up to 575.00. Not sure what tax is but keep me posted. I am seriously considering this.

08-24-08 09:43 AM
    Ohh and is there a way to get you payment by another method. I HATE Paypal.

08-24-08 09:45 AM
    Nah, Sarfraz. I was saying that it seems like an unlocked one from outside the U.S. works well with 3g in the states and not having many problems with it. That of course can be just the area maybe, but in another thread besides the quoted, someone stated they have one unlocked and 3g works fine as well for at&t in New Jersey.
    08-24-08 12:51 PM
    I will be glad to help out too, I am located in Calgary, AB.

I can help you guys buy the Bold from Rogers, but like the above poster, you must pay first with shipping.

It will be Bold price $599.99 + 5% tax + Paypal fee + shipping (UPS overnight) or you provide me with your UPS shipping account.

I have ebay feedback, username: tacsniper86

My PIN is: 302326DB or email me at erickcwong at gmail.com
    Each Canadian Province sets it's own taxes, Alberta has 0%, the 5% is Federal. Sweet deal!
    08-24-08 12:57 PM
    I will be glad to help out too, I am located in Calgary, AB.

I can help you guys buy the Bold from Rogers, but like the above poster, you must pay first with shipping.

It will be Bold price $599.99 + 5% tax + Paypal fee + shipping (UPS overnight) or you provide me with your UPS shipping account.

I have ebay feedback, username: tacsniper86

My PIN is: 302326DB or email me at erickcwong at gmail.com
    I'm interested as well. Please email me at [email protected]. I'll text you then. Do you think it'll work on t-mobile? I don't care about 3g

Thanks

08-24-08 01:02 PM
    Ok So I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but I have a question.
    Your willing to pay almost $630+ for a phone that may or may not work with you carrier? Then you have to pay another fee to get it unlocked.
    08-24-08 01:32 PM
    Oo I'm so tempted to buy a rogers bold because I can't see myself waiting another month let alone 2 for AT&T but I worry since there would be no warranty and I also can't see myself stomaching $600+ when I could get it for like half once it comes to ATT

08-24-08 01:33 PM
    tacsniper,
    Thanks a million!
    Hope we don't overload you at work tomorrow!

Cheers,
    Todd
    08-24-08 08:01 PM
    tacsniper,
    Thanks a million!
    Hope we don't overload you at work tomorrow!

Cheers,
    Todd
    No problem! All the Rogers stores in the mall knows I am looking for Bolds and they will give me a call when their shipments are in
    08-24-08 08:07 PM
    delete...........
    Last edited by Bold; 08-24-08 at 08:36 PM. Reason: delete
    08-24-08 08:27 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD