Now with PB OS 2 (OS STFU? lol) just around the corner of this or next month, I hope, bridge will get some serious integration with the Playbook.

As it stand the bridge, bridges PIM and BBM from the BB phone, which also includes notifications and internet.

I really hope with OS 2, bridge services would rather sync with the local native apps, instead of loading from RIM servers on each device, when there is a bridged device connected.
    And for BBM, hopefully they will move to BBID BBM rather than PIN based, this way all the single users BB's and PB's will have a shared BBM, like iMessage is going to do it.

I think it's pretty troublesome to manage TWO+ contact lists and different pins. When people want to contact you they get confused where to do so.

Oh well, however RIM does this integration is a mystery to me, and theres a lot of critical decisions to make of HOW things should be and what standing will Bridge take exactly.

What do you guys think?

Off-topic, love how I get notifications on my PB from bridge! Now I can listen to music/watch movies on my tablet and never miss a thing .
    09-06-11 10:06 PM
    OS STFU. I like it.
    09-06-11 10:38 PM
    Unless they find a way to sync native BBM with the Bridge BBM, I'll probably just stick with the bridge. Having to deal with 2 separate BBM will be a pain otherwise. I think tying it to the BBID makes sense. They need to do the same kind of thing with other apps. If I read a news article in Blackberry News on my phone it should be read on the Playbook as well. Email needs to work the same way. I don't want yet another place I need to mark items read.
    KQ9 likes this.
    09-07-11 09:54 AM
    True that, apparently RIM is gearing towards a universal BBID slowly. Makes more sense really. and with the QNX phone, the BBID might as well start synchronizing settings and stuff..bookmarks..sweet!
    09-07-11 11:07 PM
    BBID is the way. Look how they implemented it well in AppsWorld u can see the list of installed and uninstalled apps for both Pb n Bb
    09-07-11 11:52 PM
    bbid or what about adding onto bb protect
    09-08-11 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD